Sign in to follow this  
drainsmith

Android at PAX Unplugged

Also, should I not get a spot (I'm really not expecting to, and since I'm only there for one day, it won't break my heart) is it acceptable convention etiquette to drop by the game tables and observe for a bit?  I've been gaming for decades but this is quite literally my first convention, RPG or otherwise.

Post Con Report: As far as I could tell, a good time was had by all. I ran the module 5 times, and everyone seemed to go away happy from the experience.

Extra points to the last group on Sunday who by-passed the entire final fight with a dizzying array of Deception checks, favors called in, and lucky dice.

:lol:

1 hour ago, dresdinseven said:

Mega kudos to @DarthGM for running a really exciting session, and sticking it through to expo closing hours! Everyone in my group had a blast, and now I'm really hyped for the product (hurry up FFG!) Great to meet you, hope we cross paths again.

Awesome running for you and your table, sir! 

Hope to see you again! :)

So how was the adventure they had for Android?

Was it like one of their Beginner Games? Pre-made character folios and short adventure?

What types of encounters did they have in it? Any chase scenes? Any fancy stuff with terrain? non-combat? investigation?

What were the character classes? Did they have any Bioroids or Clones for characters?

What factions were used in the adventure? What faction(s) did the characters work for? What one(s) did they work against?

Inquiring minds want to know. More specifically, mine. :D

On 12/4/2018 at 8:18 PM, Torg Smith said:

So how was the adventure they had for Android?

Was it like one of their Beginner Games? Pre-made character folios and short adventure?

What types of encounters did they have in it? Any chase scenes? Any fancy stuff with terrain? non-combat? investigation?

What were the character classes? Did they have any Bioroids or Clones for characters?

What factions were used in the adventure? What faction(s) did the characters work for? What one(s) did they work against?

Inquiring minds want to know. More specifically, mine. :D

It was like the Terrinoth game last year and the Android module at GenCon this year (On the Run is the sequel to Happy Hour). Premade characters with +100xp

Without giving too much of it away, it had combat encounters, social challenges, skill/tech challenges, problem solving (solve this problem with combat, social checks, skill checks, or favors called in; your choice(s)).

One of the PCs is a clone

Edited by DarthGM

1 hour ago, DarthGM said:

It was like the Terrinoth game last year and the Android module at GenCon this year (On the Run is the sequel to Happy Hour). Premade characters with +100xp

Without giving too much of it away, it had combat encounters, social challenges, skill/tech challenges, problem solving (solve this problem with combat, social checks, skill checks, or favors called in; your choice(s)).

One of the PCs is a clone

I believe I'd read somewhere that these adventures would be released for free as a download. I think it was in one of the "end of Netrunner" news articles...  Anyone heard anything?

8 minutes ago, The Mick said:

I believe I'd read somewhere that these adventures would be released for free as a download. I think it was in one of the "end of Netrunner" news articles...  Anyone heard anything?

I remember reading that too. It will probably be available after the book is available so the new rules I'm sure the adventures use can be referenced. Since the book is still in dev, I'm sure these are part of play test  phase. Things can change between now and press still. The Terrinoth adventure wasn't available until after the book was available. That's what I'm basing my thoughts here on.

2 minutes ago, Flobio said:

I remember reading that too. It will probably be available after the book is available so the new rules I'm sure the adventures use can be referenced. Since the book is still in dev, I'm sure these are part of play test  phase. Things can change between now and press still. The Terrinoth adventure wasn't available until after the book was available. That's what I'm basing my thoughts here on.

Pretty logical! Man, this book can't get here soon enough. I found some photos of the pregen characters from Happy Hour and some interesting talents in there! Mind you, they might be taken from the Star Wars books, so maybe they aren't "new", but they're new to me! haha  Also cool to see some new archetypes, and the favor mechanic

Edited by The Mick

There weren't too many that were taken directly from Star Wars.

I LOVE Tam's "Street Fighter" talent for instance; if a target is disoriented or Knocked down, they suffer 2 wounds. That pushed a few targets over their thresholds during the games I ran.  I don't think there's anything like that in Star Wars...

Edited by DarthGM

Con Reporters, any details on the Favour mechanics? Was it like Obligation from SW:EotE, or was it something new entirely?

Edited by HelloRPG

On 12/7/2018 at 8:36 PM, HelloRPG said:

Con Reporters, any details on the Favour mechanics? Was it like Obligation from SW:EotE, or was it something new entirely?

Similar but way way more game effecting. We literally were able to skip entire challenges because we called in a favor. however favors we owed to other NPC bodies were called in and lets say... it made some hard decisions especially for the long run. If that was a favor owed in a long game not just a con game the result would have lasting effects on a campaign.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:37 PM, DocSun said:

Similar but way way more game effecting. We literally were able to skip entire challenges because we called in a favor. however favors we owed to other NPC bodies were called in and lets say... it made some hard decisions especially for the long run. If that was a favor owed in a long game not just a con game the result would have lasting effects on a campaign.

I really enjoy how Favors played out in the two modules (Happy Hour and On The Run). In each case it made some problems go away in thematically appropriate ways, or led to some real tough choices on the part of PCs (sometimes resulting in PC discussion and arguments).