Jabby

Painted vs Non-Painted

8 hours ago, GilmoreDK said:

Also that. I hope that the game itself comes as the primary motivation. But personally I don’t put anything on the table unpainted. I have done it with Armada squadrons until I could get it done but they do not have that much table presence. I do not hold others up to that ideal but for me painting and modeling is an integral part of the Hobby. 

Armada is a horse of a a different color since it comes out of the box painted. There are really rad paint jobs out there for Armada of course, and I’ve gotten better at painting myself since I restarted a few years back. But I feel like I’m a ways off from being confident enough to paint over the more than competent job done on X-Wing and Armada minis. Unless you mean the squadrons, in which case... I just haven’t been able to motivate myself to do it yet when I have so much other stuff to paint with games I play more regularly!

8 minutes ago, KalEl814 said:

Armada is a horse of a a different color since it comes out of the box painted. There are really rad paint jobs out there for Armada of course, and I’ve gotten better at painting myself since I restarted a few years back. But I feel like I’m a ways off from being confident enough to paint over the more than competent job done on X-Wing and Armada minis. Unless you mean the squadrons, in which case... I just haven’t been able to motivate myself to do it yet when I have so much other stuff to paint with games I play more regularly!

I mean squadrons.. And some touch up on the existing models such as some washes and highlights for example around engines and weapons. 

Armada is my primary game, and I add red detailing on every single ship. It's my theme, Blood Squadron. All my squadrons are painted as well. My Legion forces are painted to match, with red trim, as they're the fleets ground troop complement. I personally will not play with an unpainted mini, as I think it's bad luck...but don't mind if my opponent uses unpainted stuff. That just means my dice will roll better! 😆