Mushra93

Card sizes

On 11/16/2018 at 12:10 PM, debiant said:

It seems like they don't fit as well in the cheapo sleeves, but they fit nicely into dragon shields. That was my experience, anyways.

Interesting. Why do you think that happens? Keyforge cards are thicker than normal?

1 hour ago, Mushra93 said:

Interesting. Why do you think that happens? Keyforge cards are thicker than normal?

They seemed taller, but maybe they are just thicker and that's what's causing the issue. Even after seating as far down as I could they would be peaking out of the top (single sleeved).

Dragon Shields have treated our family well. The size of the sleeve is slightly larger than many other companies. It allows for different card sizes that are approximately but not quite the same. They come in packs of 100—not three decks worth, but two will get you 5 plus sufficient replacements for damaged sleeving. Speaking of damaged sleeves, I've had few if any of them split and quite a few from other companies. The cardboard deck boxes the sleeves come in giver storage for at least one (if not two) sleeved KF decks. They come in many different colors with matte, gloss, and metallics.

I sound like a salesman but I don't sell anything, and have no affiliation with DS. They're just my preferred sleeves.

Edited by debiant
clarification

6 minutes ago, debiant said:

They seemed taller, but maybe they are just thicker and that's what's causing the issue. Even after seating as far down as I could they would be peaking out of the top (single sleeved).

What other sleeves brands have you tried? Just out of curiosity, cause I have my bunch of dragon shield, but I also have some KMC and ultra-pro eclipse.

I've tried quite a few in MTG, but the only others I've tried on KF are a Chinese off brand we bought for the prerelease—we forgot our sleeve box at home. The others you mentioned may be fine.

What’s a good plastic (clear ideally) box for the sleeved decks? (If, for example you used the FFG sleeves)

I picked up an Ultra Pro 150, but disappointed the sleeved cards don’t actually fit in that

1 hour ago, Derrault said:

What’s a good plastic (clear ideally) box for the sleeved decks? (If, for example you used the FFG sleeves)

I picked up an Ultra Pro 150, but disappointed the sleeved cards don’t actually fit in that

Don't fit in that? Strange because A1win posted just before you a photo comparing both keyforge and MTG cards. It's basically the same, so all mtg deckboxes should fit. Which sleeves did you use?

1 hour ago, A1win said:

Here's a KeyForge card (behind) and an MTG card (front) for comparison, no gap between the cards and bottoms are aligned:

Nice! So it's basically 1-2 mm higher? I guess dragon shield will be the ideal sleeves since they are a little bit higher that most.

17 minutes ago, Mushra93 said:

Don't fit in that? Strange because A1win posted just before you a photo comparing both keyforge and MTG cards. It's basically the same, so all mtg deckboxes should fit. Which sleeves did you use?

FFG sleeves, as I said :).

I figure I can’t be the first person to be looking for storage solutions on this kind of thing, so I’m wondering what kind of boxes you guys are storing sleeved cards in. 

4 minutes ago, Derrault said:

I figure I can’t be the first person to be looking for storage solutions on this kind of thing, so I’m wondering what kind of boxes you guys are storing sleeved cards in. 

Oh, sorry. Do you have any other type? Those FFG sleeves must be kindda big to don't fit in a "normal" deckbox.

Wish I could recommend something, but I'm currently waiting for my order to be delivered here in Brazil. FFG probably sells deckboxes too. Might be the option. Either that or buying dragon shields.

1 hour ago, Derrault said:

Right now, I have 8 decks in a short cardboard box. I have my Archons sleeved in clear plastic FFG so that I can see the checklist, and they work fine. Also, in regular deck plastic deck boxes and the leather style, magnetically closed MTG boxes. The FFG sleeves I have are for 2.5 * 3.5.

11 hours ago, Mushra93 said:

Oh, sorry. Do you have any other type? Those FFG sleeves must be kindda big to don't fit in a "normal" deckbox.

Wish I could recommend something, but I'm currently waiting for my order to be delivered here in Brazil. FFG probably sells deckboxes too. Might be the option. Either that or buying dragon shields.

No, so I’m pretty much just looking for boxes sized for the 2.5x3.5 sleeves

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, Mushra93 said:

Nice! So it's basically 1-2 mm higher? I guess dragon shield will be the ideal sleeves since they are a little bit higher that most.

FFG sleeves are about 2-3 mm taller than Dragon Shield Sleeves and about .5mm wider. Don't use 1 or 2 FFG sleeves, they will easily stand out in a deck of DS sleeves.

KeyForge and Munchkin CCG are taller than MTG cards. Munchkin CCG is tall enough to need FFG sleeves. I find KeyForge fits either sleeve well enough.

Dragon Shield sleeves are a tiny bit heavier plastic.