Jump to content
Jarval

Deadly Speed - Resistance A-Wing article

Recommended Posts

Some interesting stuff, but nothing that makes me say “oh I gotta have that faction”.

For the folks who really like Awings, or the folks who really like TLJ, could be good for you though.

I liked the FO pilots we saw last week more personally, but that dial is really good....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, Ferrosphere paint is Brutal. 

I hope that's costed so that Primed Thrusters or the like is usually a better option outside of a specific need because otherwise it wrecks ordnance carriers. 

Midnight is outright fuming at that, it's practically a hard counter. 

Ten Numb and Braylen Stramm kinda like it, though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Ferrosphere paint had better be expensive, as that is a crazy powerful ability.

It can be used on a few ships, but I think if it is too strong it might just lead to more people preferring Attack: Focus/Calculate attacks, so Barrage Rockets away I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Outmaneuver works fine on Zari.

Rules Reference FAQ p23:

Quote

 

ARCS Q: Can ships that only use [turret] or[180 arc] attacks use effects that require the ship to perform a [front arc] attack? (i.e. Fearless, Outmaneuver)

A: No.

 

Can't use it on primary. I don't think it works on prockets either (a bullseye arc is not a [front] arc), but even if it does that's once per game

Edited by nexttwelveexits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone hating on Tallis ability, as an I5 she should be able to line up bullseye ok and it works on herself. Which means a 4 dice defense. That’s not too bad and people will overreact to avoiding her bullseye. I think she will be ok, and likely cheap.

 

i think this kit looks pretty fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zari Bangel is easily the best pilot here, for my money.

What an incredible ability. If you bump someone you just bank boost, Gyrostabilize a red rotate backwards and you've cleared the opponent with a range 1 shot on them.

She's basically impossible to block. 

Obviously she's held back by low initiative, but ****... she's going to be crazy fun. Primed Thrusters is probably going to stapled to her too. 

Also, I'm picturing her with lots of neon, plastic jewellery and big 80s hair. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GuacCousteau said:

Zari Bangel is easily the best pilot here, for my money.

What an incredible ability. If you bump someone you just bank boost, Gyrostabilize a red rotate backwards and you've cleared the opponent with a range 1 shot on them.

She's basically impossible to block. 

Obviously she's held back by low initiative, but ****... she's going to be crazy fun. Primed Thrusters is probably going to stapled to her too. 

Also, I'm picturing her with lots of neon, plastic jewellery and big 80s hair. 

 

Impossible to block... with a small base.

But yeah, it's a very strong, very interesting ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nexttwelveexits said:

Can't use it on primary. I don't think it works on prockets either (a bullseye arc is not a [front] arc), but even if it does that's once per game

Yup, doesn't work on the prockets either.

This is a really weird one. This isn't FFG giving a Quick Build ship an upgrade it can't normally equip, this is giving them one it literally cannot use by their own rules.

What on earth are they doing?

2 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Impossible to block... with a small base.

But yeah, it's a very strong, very interesting ability.

True, true.

Hype got the better of me and I hadn't really thought as far as large bases. Although bumping at an angle is probably more common than being straight on, and I think a lot of the time a bank to the correct side would be enough to get you past even a large base if there's enough of an angle. 

 

Edited by GuacCousteau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×