Darth Meanie

A New Type of TIE?

3 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Yes, because the faction that already has three times as many eras to draw from as any other faction--and which already has the jankiest, most unique abilities--really needs to have even more stuff just for it.

I was talking thematically. The way that would make the most sense with the movies. We are getting loads of ties and such that are brand spanking new. Of course, I would totally have your back in asking disney to release more and more movies with new stuff.

overall, I see the whole mythos as being a whole "world" in which the empire and rebellion are only a small part. Entire systems under corporations or under the thumbs or tyrants.Possibly places that have only vaguely heard of the empire as being parts of far away histories that kids get bored reading in school. So, no, I wasnt referring to janky single ships.They could expand on the mining ties, or work on matching ships for them that work together as units in such a way that it would be hard to be tied together with a different organization. It should not HAVE to be always empire rebellion.

BUT.... ifyouare looking purely at ties, the mining guilds could be a start. A better start with be first order. Not a lot out for them anyway so would be a good way to help beef them up faster and "break new ground" by getting the jump on it before disney. Possibly some new ones for first order having "empire versions" that cost a little less and slightly less effective dials/rules as at that point in time they were experimental prototypes that have been perfected by the time of the first order.

To me a good storyline is just as important a factor as the pure mechanics of a game on a table top.

54 minutes ago, "Quickdraw" said:

You have to write something to make it return from closed to open.

And also it's a configuration, not a mod.

Yeah I can’t get the card creator to make it a config. And also that’s correct.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:54 PM, Hawkstrike said:

Heavy TIE from Solo. Give it ordnance and cannon slots.

Yeah the Brute will surely come out at some point. Hopefully with a really nice cannon variation  too.

And i’d love to see the Skipray if they ever do EU again.

10 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Shouldn't it have Calculate, not Focus?

Yes, but I'm still using only the 1.0 SEons because there have been some font issues with the 2.0 plug in.

Actually, I don't even intend to fake my own TIE Droid. . .

Basically, I would just create a list of CiS vulture droids, peg out the TIE Droids, and add that list to my Imperial faction list.  In fact, I suspect I could use 2.0 Vultures even with my 1.0 Imps, because I am not converting that faction.

Personally, I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd prefer the Experimental TIEs (with a control ship) over TIE/Droids.

I have all those ships, too, but the TIE/D Automated is just so close to the idea of the Vulture, so I went that route.

10 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Yes, but I'm still using only the 1.0 SEons because there have been some font issues with the 2.0 plug in.

Actually, I don't even intend to fake my own TIE Droid. . .

Basically, I would just create a list of CiS vulture droids, peg out the TIE Droids, and add that list to my Imperial faction list.  In fact, I suspect I could use 2.0 Vultures even with my 1.0 Imps, because I am not converting that faction.

I have all those ships, too, but the TIE/D Automated is just so close to the idea of the Vulture, so I went that route.

So your idea for a TIE with "it's own unique role/style" is an exact clone of another ship?

On 11/19/2018 at 5:40 AM, Jehan Menasis said:

Far more interesting than the myriad of TIE/I-don't-know-how-else-I'm-gonna-chop-bend-twist-the-panels-to-prove-I'm-a-cool-comic-illustrator.

This is so true and really the only reason there are so many obscure ties out there. 

On 11/12/2018 at 5:47 PM, Darth Meanie said:

TIE Heavy/Brute = whatever.

Here is my take.

x_wing_2nd_han_solo_in_a_tie_brute_by_od

PS: if you are finding strange the pilot, you should watch a Solo's deleted scene.

PPS: Asymmetrical dial is a must. Could have a rotating fire arc like the RZ-2 A-wing.

Edited by Odanan

5 hours ago, Odanan said:

Here is my take.

x_wing_2nd_han_solo_in_a_tie_brute_by_od

PS: if you are finding strange the pilot, you should watch a Solo 's deleted scene.

PPS: Asymmetrical dial is a must. Could have a rotating fire arc like the RZ-2 A-wing.

Don't see why it would shoot backwards.

Just now, "Quickdraw" said:

Don't see why it would shoot backwards.

The ball with the cannons and sensor line looks to be able to rotate "vertically", so flippy gun. I think it would be more along the lines of the RZ-2 now, but that might be a limitation of the WIP plugin for Strange Eons.

The TIE/rb seems like the best option:

• I wouldn't mind droid TIEs but with the seperatists I don't want to tread on their 'thing' so quickly
  • It's still a calculate-using ship - something the empire currently doesn't have
  • It tactically replaces the TIE/sf which is now first order.