Hiemfire

Hypothesizing what the ETA-2 Actis will likely be.

Small in lore (only slightly larger than the Tri-Fighter, roughly half the length of the Vulture Droid), but will likely be scaled up to a single ship base. Nimble. Fast. Has cannons in lore and on screen (Anakin's barrage the Invisible Hand looks allot like what you'd get out of a HLC). No shields.

The stat line I think it'll have: F2, A3, H3, S0, F x^ (x will be different depending on the actual Pilot).

Upgrade Slots: Cannon and Force Talent.

Dial: Very similar to the TIE Interceptors

Ship ability: Force based reposition likely.

Action Bar: Focus, Lock, Barrel Roll, Evade. (Not going to guess at linking or color of actions at the moment until we find out for certain what the **** purple actions actually are.)

Anyone else have ideas?

Hm. Squishier than the Aethersprite, but might hit a bit harder if there are good cannon options (HLC Anakin with a bid could definitely be viable, especially with a ship ability reposition, or with SR.)

I like the concept, but I'm sure I'll fly it no matter how exactly they do it. :D

44 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

The stat line I think it'll have: F2, A3, H3, S0, F x^ (x will be different depending on the actual Pilot).

Upgrade Slots: Cannon and Force Talent.

Dial: Very similar to the TIE Interceptors

Ship ability: Force based reposition likely.

Action Bar: Focus, Lock, Barrel Roll, Evade. (Not going to guess at linking or color of actions at the moment until we find out for certain what the **** purple actions actually are.)

This would essentially be a weaker version of the Aethersprite, it needs to be different in some notable capacity. With that in mind I would start with setup like the TIE Interceptor or Fang Fighter (both of which fly how we would expect the Eta-2 to fly).

Attack 3, Agility 3 (maybe 4? if anything was going to be a 4 Agility this would be it), Hull 3, Shields 0

Upgrade Slots: Cannon, Astromech (The Aethersprite clearly is going to have an astromech slot and it would make sense for the Eta-2 as well), Modification, and Force Talent (where appropriate).

Dial: Interceptor/Fang Fighter in style

Ship Ability: Nothing if the ship has Agility 4, otherwise something to help defensively. Maybe a free evade action or the option to once per turn spend a Force token like an evade. (I don't think it will be a Force based re-position because the Aethersprite already has that. This ship is probably going to be the Jedi version of Fang Fighter instead of a TIE Advance v1 or X-wing)

Action Bar: Focus, Evade, Barrel Roll, Boost, Target Lock (this is a maybe). Assuming Purple is good and is what I think which is you can perform the action as free action during the perform action step at the cost of a Force token, I could see Evade and maybe even Barrel and Boost being purple depending on the ship ability.

My 2 cents anyways, and how I would build the ship.

Edited by GeneralVryth

3 minutes ago, GeneralVryth said:

Ship Ability: Nothing if the ship has Agility 4, otherwise something to help defensively. Maybe a free evade action or the option to once per turn spend a Force token like an evade. (I don't think it will be a Force based re-position because the Aethersprite already has that. This ship is probably going to be the Jedi version of Fang Fighter instead of a TIE Advance v1 or X-wing)

Action Bar: Focus, Evade, Barrel Roll, Boost, Target Lock (this is a maybe). Assuming Purple is good and is what I think which is you can perform the action as free action during the perform action step at the cost of a Force token, I could see Evade and maybe even Barrel and Boost being purple depending on the ship ability.

3 agility and a defensive ship ability seem likely, but I doubt they'd do two purple actions, let alone three. Limiting choices for bonus actions is very important to depowering ships for that 2.0 feel. I'd think boost is the most likely choice, to keep the thing feeling appropriately speedy.

I also wouldn't expect it to get a mod slot. Especially if it has a powerful ship ability and the possibility for excellent economy via a purple action. (which I'm also guessing work the way you said.)

2 minutes ago, GeneralVryth said:

Astromech

I mentally spaced the Astro (why I don't know, R2 vs Pistoeka is one of my favorite parts of that sequence :) ). Agility 4 I can see as possible though unlikely (unless it is hard locked to never get a mod slot since the variables don't have pricing for Agil 4). The ship's firepower comes from its mix of a cannon and a pair of medium lasers, though FFG will do what FFG does so we'll see. Boost I don't see, but that is because I don't recall them using it so I am more than happy to be wrong on that. Fang, TIE Interceptor... sort of the same role, though the Fang likes being in someone's face more. I'm not seeing a mod slot on it namely due to size and what they did to the Fang and A-Wing, and since apparently "Only Jedi" are capable of flying them in universe the Force Talent is a given.

Yeah I am not so sure about 4 agility either, I am just trying to think of what would make this ship stand out as different than the Aethersprite, besides +1 attack and no shields, since only that makes it a lot like the Interceptor and Fang which it also needs to be different from as well. I do expect the ship to be as or more expensive than the Aethersprite so it will clearly need something, especially defensively to make it worth the investment. The Fang in general seems like a really good starting point for the chassis just with a cannon and astro instead of a torpedo slot. I do agree about there likely being no mod slot if it has Agility 4 as well.

9 minutes ago, GeneralVryth said:

Yeah I am not so sure about 4 agility either, I am just trying to think of what would make this ship stand out as different than the Aethersprite, besides +1 attack and no shields, since only that makes it a lot like the Interceptor and Fang which it also needs to be different from as well. I do expect the ship to be as or more expensive than the Aethersprite so it will clearly need something, especially defensively to make it worth the investment. The Fang in general seems like a really good starting point for the chassis just with a cannon and astro instead of a torpedo slot. I do agree about there likely being no mod slot if it has Agility 4 as well.

Dial, action bar, ship ability and cannons. A mix of the Interceptor and Fang dial could work, the Actis is small enough, or it could get 2 Sloops (I think that would be a first) and Tallon 1s (not great with HLC, but opens up options at range and in close knife fighting, even if it has only a 2 dice primary).

Edited by Hiemfire