Lace Jetstreamer

Separatists CAN USE TIE/ln and T-65's

According to: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/11/9/enter-the-clone-wars/

This massive array of upgrade cards, including reprints of many common neutral upgrade cards, also means that Servants of Strife can be combined with the X-Wing Core Set to make the perfect start, especially if you're just getting into the game and want to start flying with the Separatists.

The perfect start means that ALL of the core set can be used by the Separatists.  Looks like Luke Skywalker and Iden Versio are gonna be excellent pilot's for the Separatists.  Unless FFG redefines perfection as something else.

Edited by Lace Jetstreamer

45 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

According to: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/11/9/enter-the-clone-wars/

The perfect start means that ALL of the core set can be used by the Separatists.  Looks like Luke Skywalker and Iden Versio are gonna be excellent pilot's for the Separatists.  Unless FFG redefines perfection as something else.

It doesn't say that...

I think it is more along the lines of “you’ll still need a core set in order to play seperatists”, and that after the core a good entry point is the “Servants of Strife Squadron Pack”  it says the same thing in the Guardians of the Republic Squadron Pack as well.  FFG has always maintained that you need a core set in order to play, and that the expansions are by definition, not a complete game.

9 minutes ago, Stefan said:

You need dice, maneuver tools etc. Those are in the base game.

exactly. the squadron packs are a good start point because they give you a core group of fighters for the faction, which combined with the generic cards, rules, dice, and maneuver tools from the core set, let you get to playing your faction right away. it is a nice alternative to having to buy a clone wars variant core set.

i am curious if they'll do Squadron packs for the non-clonewars factions. Those seem like a nice replacement option for the Aces/Veterans packs of 1st edition.

46 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

I've got news for you. Those words don't mean what you think they mean. You just want them to mean that. 

I don’t know what he wants them to mean, but they don’t mean what he thinks they mean...

There IS this little thing called e-bay where folks buy the kits and sets and break them down to sell piecemeal so that you can buy exactly what you need without having to buy the whole set.