Sign in to follow this  
Lord Ashram

A “better” Han Solo...?

So can I ask, has anyone managed to put together a better Han Solo?  The official legion one... it just doesn’t feel like Harrison Ford to me, and Han Solo was always my favorite character, so i want him to “feel” right.  Anyone converted one, or made/printed their own?

Edited by Lord Ashram

8 hours ago, Lord Ashram said:

So can I ask, has anyone managed to put together a better Han Solo?  The official legion one... it just doesn’t feel like Harrison Ford to me, and Han Solo was always my favorite character, so i want him to “feel” right.  Anyone converted one, or made/printed their own?

Someone, not sure who, fixed his hair with greenstuff.

@Mr Tough Guy is also converting him

Edited by Jabby

jclRskLl.jpg

Here's a shot of mine. Took some work to remove the Trenchcoat. Liquid Green stuff (comes in a paint tub) for the hair helped a lot. did a little shaving of the neck (a little saggy), worked the upper back/ neck when getting the vest sculpted so he didn't feel so hunched over. Sanded/filed the sleeves a little bit.

Reworked Leia's pose too, didn't really like the "lunging" look she had.

Still working on mine, but I think the easiest way to make him look better is to redo the hair, a bit more putty to hide that receding hairline does a lot IMHO, a second quick and easy fix is to reposition his left arm like @Matroskin did, the trenchcoat you can take or leave, but if you shorten it, it will be a lot of work to fix it, you'll need to resculpt his right leg and add his holster.

There is one more option, Brother Vinnie did a Han Solo sized for Legion, although personally I wouldn't say it's necessarily better than the FFG one, it does have the bonus of having his iconic clothes instead of the trenchcoat, but IMHO the pose looks a bit like he's about to take a dump

935474254.jpg

@Digimortal that looks fantastic.  I love your Han.

My Han is not my best work but I actually think the easiest thing to do is just make sure you paint his hairline just a touch further onto his forehead.  

BUKRaqS.jpg

I actually think the figure is a pretty fair job capturing Harrison Ford, but faces are challenging because humans are hardwired to recognize faces with a high degree of precision.  So the details really stand out.

I think in profile he looks great.

woD2zk2.jpg

Edited by BigBadAndy

12 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

@Digimortal that looks fantastic.  I love your Han.

My Han is not my best work but I actually think the easiest thing to do is just make sure you paint his hairline just a touch further onto his forehead.  

BUKRaqS.jpg

I actually think the figure is a pretty fair job capturing Harrison Ford, but faces are challenging because humans are hardwired to recognize faces with a high degree of precision.  So the details really stand out.

I think in profile he looks great.

woD2zk2.jpg

Andy, did you do any resculpting?  The hair certainly does look different...

On 11/13/2018 at 7:37 AM, Lord Ashram said:

Andy, did you do any resculpting?  The hair certainly does look different...

Sorry, I have been traveling for work and just not checking into the forums.  

No, I didn’t do any resculpting.  I wouldn’t even know where to begin.  All I did was make sure that I painted his hair and then extended the painting down his forehead just a tiny bit.  This sounds odd, but the sculpt is actually a bit ambiguous because of the way the hair curls.  If you zoom in as much as possible on the first pick above you can see there is brown paint on a very small part of his flat forehead.  I wouldn’t suggest this trick is going to win anybody any golden brush awards but it is huge in terms of minimizing the “fivehead” look of the sculpt.  I think a lot of people are accidentally doing the reverse, where the flesh paint is actually encroaching on what should be hair.  In either case, it is a very small detail that radically (in my opinion) improves the impression of the figure from normal viewing distance.

On 11/13/2018 at 3:37 AM, aniron said:

Konstantin Shikharev's sculpt feels a lot more like Harrison Ford to me:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BntNfOSB2dk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1lytcjpv35mkv

And he has a Hoth version planned as well, so we can argue about the jacket being blue or brown all over again...

Hoth Han. Mmmm. Would like to get one of those!

On 3/21/2019 at 3:24 AM, Proton Torpedo said:

Hoth Han. Mmmm. Would like to get one of those!

Still waiting for my packet of Hoth rebels from Konstantin. Russian mail "misplaced" it so he had to send another one.

I did receive the non-Hoth Han though.