Sign in to follow this  
RecklessFable

I'm missing today's festivities (Pre-Launch)

RIP. Mine went great, It's the first time I actually played (I refused to break down and play on TTS or anything like that). Had an insane amount of fun, love my deck. Though I have to say I got the most plain name possible I think: Commander Lopez.

Well, bummer for you.

I went to the event at our FLGS, played a couple of games, and had fun.

I did have the weird experience of getting a defective deck, though. Opened it and 2/3rds of the deck was from one deck, the next 1/3rd was from another deck. Different art, two unique names, and everything.

Unfortunately the store's pre-launch event was sold out so they could not give me another new one to open, but they did have some demo decks they had been using so they gave me one of those.

Did you get two  deck lists with that Hawkstrike?

The even at my local was fun and relaxed. Only myself and one other guy knew anything about the game and the rest had showed up out of curiosity.

25 minutes ago, Lokekar said:

Did you get two  deck lists with that Hawkstrike?

The even at my local was fun and relaxed. Only myself and one other guy knew anything about the game and the rest had showed up out of curiosity.

No. Only one deck list, for which a good selection of cards were missing, then a bunch of cards from a different deck.

6 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Well, bummer for you.

I went to the event at our FLGS, played a couple of games, and had fun.

I did have the weird experience of getting a defective deck, though. Opened it and 2/3rds of the deck was from one deck, the next 1/3rd was from another deck. Different art, two unique names, and everything.

Unfortunately the store's pre-launch event was sold out so they could not give me another new one to open, but they did have some demo decks they had been using so they gave me one of those.

That sucks about the defective deck! Mine had a series of misprinted Sanctum cards, with each card face and back being slightly more off-center than the last until there was a blank white border on one side, noticeable enough that all of my opponents commented that they could see them in my deck. No one seemed to mind since it was so casual, but I'd definitely use some opaque sleeves next time I play that deck.

14 hours ago, RecklessFable said:

Can down with a virus and I'm not going to spread it to everyone at my FLGS.  Hoping folks will post about the pre-launch and how the games are going!

The common cold is lethal to Mars Creatures, your thoughtfulness in not creating a board wipe was I hope appreciated?

Here in New Zealand there is still no sign of physical cards, and I'm only slightly hopeful that one place in the biggest city in the country might hold some sort of release event, possibly in the first week of Dec if cards arrive.

Took my 8-year-old to an event in Michigan. Pretty chill, only 5 or 6 people there while we were. Kind of a bummer that FFG only sent components for one game so having multiple games going  meant sharing some of the components and/or proxying. 

My kid loves the game and we quickly proxied up components to play at home while we wait for the official launch next week.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's pretty simplistic. Our decks feel somewhat lopsided. I got Mars/Logos/Shadows and he got Mars/Sanctum/Dis. My deck seems to gather Aember much faster, and thus win more easily. There's probably some trick to his deck that we haven't discovered yet.

1 hour ago, pkreynolds said:

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's pretty simplistic. Our decks feel somewhat lopsided. I got Mars/Logos/Shadows and he got Mars/Sanctum/Dis. My deck seems to gather Aember much faster, and thus win more easily. There's probably some trick to his deck that we haven't discovered yet.

Perhaps a few chains to handicap yourself for the age/ability difference?

I would also swap decks from time to time, because you may see combinations of cards that you child may miss.

53 minutes ago, Amanal said:

Perhaps a few chains to handicap yourself for the age/ability difference?

I would also swap decks from time to time, because you may see combinations of cards that you child may miss.

he knows what he's doing, despite the age difference. The big issue is that I got a creature heavy deck while he got more of a control deck. Problem is, if he doesn't draw one of his creature wipe/mass stun cards then I can just reap 3-4 Aember per turn. Even when he does destroy all of my creatures I usually can get 2-4 back on the board on my next turn. 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:39 PM, niarBaD said:

RIP. Mine went great, It's the first time I actually played (I refused to break down and play on TTS or anything like that). Had an insane amount of fun, love my deck. Though I have to say I got the most plain name possible I think: Commander Lopez.

I thought mine was bad with "Questarmy, Knight of the Realm" , but yours is even more plain. Bummer.