Sign in to follow this  
Blail Blerg

How many of wave 3 + clone wars are you getting

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, fistfulofforce said:

Your handle looks like Fistfull Orifice.  Weird.

But I digress. . .

This might be where I get back on the ride.  Not sure what that means in terms of numbers, but I do know it will involve selling Magic cards for store credit.

I've promised myself not to pay cash for XWM anymore.

For some reason the Separatists don't really appeal, so they may be the first faction I don't buy into.

I've always loved the Jedi Starfighter design though so will definitely be getting the Republic. One of each Republic set will get me two of each ship (including my existing Rebel ARC), enough for reasonable variety in lists to start with.

The one thing I'm sad isn't included is a hyperspace ring for the Jedi Starfighter. It probably wouldn't have much use on the tabletop, but I just love the design!

Edited by Hedgehogmech

2 hours ago, Hedgehogmech said:

The one thing I'm sad isn't included is a hyperspace ring for the Jedi Starfighter. It probably wouldn't have much use on the tabletop, but I just love the design!

Not with FFG still exclusively focussing on 400/6 deathmatch as the only format. For scenario/mission/campaign play this would be nice.

There’s one thing that would get me to lock in on a prequel faction, and that would be knowledge that futures waves for the original factions will look like the striker and z95 releases nothing new except maybe the paint job).

I am not going to rebuy my ships (unless the paint cannot be resisted) so that money left floating around could be reallocated to someone getting actual new content.

One Sep and Rep "core" set each

One Sith Infiltrator

One Jedi Starfighter

At least one Vulture droid and ARC-170s each, more likely two of each.

Just need to get rid of my sequel and Scum ships to fund these though.

1 sep box with 2 standalone vultures that’s 2 wings of 2 colours.

republic I am actually getting 2 box sets so I can have 4 v-19s, which I will inevitably get the 5th V-19 from wave 4’s single release.

Likely only the z-95, for the paintjob.

Will be skipping prequel ships altogether for the foreseeable future, except I'll definitely get the naboo fighter asap for the model. 

I'm still torn on whether to convert my sequel ships, but I love the looks on poe's X-wing and I'm a huge fan of the the flying fortress. Also, big batwing is cool. So yea, I'll probably end up converting these, too. 

Edited by takfar

On 11/11/2018 at 1:25 AM, Darth Meanie said:

Your handle looks like Fistfull Orifice.  Weird.

But I digress. . .

This might be where I get back on the ride.  Not sure what that means in terms of numbers, but I do know it will involve selling Magic cards for store credit.

I've promised myself not to pay cash for XWM anymore.

I make a fun jab and you find it ok to personally call me an *** and weird. Maybe you should use your money and see a therapist instead of trying to make yourself feel bigger by calling others names. How sad people like you are out there acting like this. 

Edited by fistfulofforce

2 hours ago, fistfulofforce said:

I make a fun jab and you find it ok to personally call me an *** and weird. Maybe you should use your money and see a therapist instead of trying to make yourself feel bigger by calling others names. How sad people like you are out there acting like this. 

I don't think they meant it personally - they were talking about your username.

27 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Ugh I want all the republic stuff. Its what I always wanted.... 

Is it worth getting that many torrents though.... 

And of course, they have to have some droids to shoot against. 

Just get one of the big pack and seven Anakins.  Once you repaint them in each Jedis' scheme it won't matter about the yellow and grey.

I’ll get the Republic Squadron pack, and one each of the ARC and the standalone Jedi Starfighter.

I’ve already resolved not to get into CIS, though the Sith Inflitrator and the Bub rest this.

Both the Z and the Striker don’t have anything new, so I’ll give ‘em a pass, though I might pick up a Z later on for the paint job.

The Republic looks pretty awesome to me, so I'm thinking that I'll do 2 of their squad packs and one each of their two standalone packs. that's if I have the money. Those Arc's are expensive, so I may just do 2 squad packs and one Delta-7 when they actually drop. Nothing else from this wave interests me. So once wave 2 and 3 drop that'll get me up to three factions. All the "good guys" so Rebels, Resistance, and Republic. 

Edited by Hippie Moosen

On 11/9/2018 at 2:54 PM, mazz0 said:

Number of ARCs depends on cards and bases - I can repaint Rebel models to use if I have enough cards and bases for a squad.

Looking like at least two generic ARC pilots. 

Probably able to field four of them bare bones. 

Edited by Bucknife

4 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

None right now. I'm feeling particularly broke after buying a new graphics card, and I'd rather wait and see when the 2400 is rereleased and if it fixes Dash. 

Probably not for a long time - Dash isn’t canon, and the 2400 barely is (a little in Rebels). Doubtful it makes a priority. I’d expect the VCX and the 1300 both well before it.

Then again, somehow the z95 got bumped to the front for new rereleases in Scum... 

31 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Looking like at least two generic ARC pilots. 

Probably able to field four of them bare bones. 

Oh, no doubt. Ibtisam is i3 And has a pilot ability, and she’s 50 points even. You might not be able to put much on them, but 4 180* medium-base arcs, even with 2 dice for the butt-shots? It’ll be at the very least a fun casual option.

29 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Then again, somehow the z95 got bumped to the front for new rereleases in Scum... 

First time it has been available without having to drop money out of faction and/or for a multi ship pack... Consider it an indicator of future plans.