Xiervak

Clone Wars for X-Wing: Release Dates announced

13 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Possibly some-when today, considering they announced Clone Wars X-Wing and Legion simultaneously.

Really I can’t wait for them to come out with clone war news. I’ve been dying to see what the units look like.

Edited by LordBubba

15 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Possibly some-when today, considering they announced Clone Wars X-Wing and Legion simultaneously.

While they announced Clone Wars coming to both at the same time, they also indicated X-wing would be first and Legion would follow sometime thereafter.  So I'm not expecting us to see any Legion content until Q3 (maybe late Q2 if one is optimistic).

But I do find it interesting that they are effectively releasing the new CW stuff as "faction" options with the Fleet boxes which I hopefully crosses over into Legion so we could see a "Starter Army" box very similar to the RWM introduction to new faction/armies.  That way people will not need to trade away 1/2 of a core set if they only want one specific army.

Edited by FSD

1 hour ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I will be buying a whole mess a' clones, and looking forward to Obi-wan, and hopefully, Ahsoka.

I’m almost opposite a crazy mess of droids. and my brother likes clone so i’ll be getting those too.

All of us Legion players are going to be shopping.?

5 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Will be interesting to see what they do; CIS doesn't have near the wealth of options the Republic does in space, but on the ground they're spoiled for choice...

Commanders on the other hand... Even dipping into the OG Clone Wars only nets you Durge.

Kalani ?

Lok Huki ?

That even ignores Gunrey and the Sith/apprentices .

3 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Most of those are politicians though (I know we've got the Emperor but still...)

By my count it's Grievous, Dooku, Maul, and Ventress (plus Durge) and some of those are bound to be operatives.

Opress Savage

Death watch mandos

Istill need my merc faction

23 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Will be interesting to see what they do; CIS doesn't have near the wealth of options the Republic does in space, but on the ground they're spoiled for choice...

Commanders on the other hand... Even dipping into the OG Clone Wars only nets you Durge.

Kalani, Whorm Lothsome, Lok Durd, Greivous, Dooku, Kraken, Riff Tamsen.   Those are the commanders/generals I remember off the top of my head.   I left out the pure admirals like Trench, and generic Tactical and Super Tactical battle droids.   

Soo...  the CIS has PLENTY of commander options.

I can't wait to see what comes out for the CIS, I definitely want to run a bunch of droidekas ? Im glad they announced CW pretty early on in this game, as it made my decision to choose one faction and be an Imperial player a lot easier.

I do like that they are releasing the CW for X-Wing as squadron packs to get you started in the new factions without releasing another core set (at least not right away) and not having to buy a bunch of expansion packs to have options.

Hopefully they do a similar model with Legion by releasing "Getting started" faction sets. Part of me feels they won't go that route but will just release another core box option with CW stuff since if you were only wanting to play CW, the OT core would be useless to you besides the dice and templates. And then they would co-release the core set units as expansions to get extras that way again...

Either way, I can't wait for CW and I feel like it'll draw in a lot more people to the game.