Force Majeure

Clone Wars!

I'm torn. On the one hand, this stuff all looks awesome to fly.  On the other hand, I'm completely burned out on 200 point games, which is all my local group ever plays.  Maybe by the time this releases I'll be ready to play again.

So the article specifically says the Z-95 and Striker expansions have the same content as the conversion kits, but there's nothing similar mentioned for the ARC.  And judging by the Chancellor Palpatine card in the fan, the cards in the expansion will be different.

1 minute ago, DailyRich said:

So the article specifically says the Z-95 and Striker expansions have the same content as the conversion kits, but there's nothing similar mentioned for the ARC.  And judging by the Chancellor Palpatine card in the fan, the cards in the expansion will be different.

There was no Republic conversion kit...

1 minute ago, DailyRich said:

The ARC 170 expansion isn't for Rebels, its for Galactic Republic.  They will probably rerelease the ARC for Rebels at some point with the conversion kit cards in that.

2 minutes ago, DailyRich said:

It's a Republic ARC not Rebel.

Just now, Darth evil said:

Force powers in both the Sith Infiltrator and Jedi starfighter, these are not available to the other 3 factions. How is this not Autothrusters 1.0 all over again

FFG never said other factions would get access in the same wave, just that they’d also get access to them.

Some serious flavor from the Vulture-Class Droid Fighter Configuration:

Grappling Struts (Open)

You ignore obstacles at range 0 and while you move through them. After you reveal your dial, if you reveal a maneuver other than a [2 straight] and are at range 0 of an asteroid or debris cloud, skip your Execute Maneuver step and remove 1 stress token. If you revealed a right or left maneuver, rotate your ship 90˚ in that direction. After you execute a maneuver, flip this card.

Edited by KiAdiMoody
typo

I don't fly Scum but I NEED that Z-95!

Also, the not-aces-pack-but-totally-an-aces-pack box sets are super interesting. I'm wondering if we'll see those for the other factions eventually. Maybe we'll get that Inferno Squadron, TIE Fighter, blood stripe Interceptor, red Defender, and maybe blue Squadron X-wing yet!

6 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

Force powers in both the Sith Infiltrator and Jedi starfighter, these are not available to the other 3 factions. How is this not Autothrusters 1.0 all over again

Wait and see what Rebels get in their next release.

1 minute ago, GuacCousteau said:

The Delta-7B Config card is mad.

Is there anyone here who wouldn't just staple it to the ship regardless of the cost? +1 attack and +2 shield is so worth -1 agility. Like, all day erry day.

What's the cost with and without it?

Edited by JJ48

1 minute ago, GuacCousteau said:

The Delta-7B Config card is mad.

Is there anyone here who wouldn't just staple it to the ship regardless of the cost? +1 attack and +2 shield is so worth -1 agility. Like, all day erry day.

If it cost 30 pts, maybe not.

Previews are a lot less interesting without cost ?

I feel the Republic will lead heavily to the Ace +  genercis archetype

So let's see what we can figure out here.

Vultures are 2/2/3/0, and has buzz droids as a missile?  device?, and "grappling struts" which lets you ignore obstacles at range 0 and lets you...grab onto rocks and turn?

Sith Inflitrator is 3/1/6/4, and looks to have torp, jam, tractor, and device options based on the tokens.

Darth Tyrannus/Dooku looks like a crew option for Seperatist, so I guess the Sith Infilitrator can also cover that.

Chancellor Palp and Dart Sidious available for crew for Republic.

V-19 is 2/2/3?

Delta-7 is 2/3/3/1/1.

Edited by XPav

15 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm guessing the generic upgrades will be included when they officially release more Rebel ships.

In the mean time - wave 3 = the unwelcome return of power creep with all other factions getting factioned locked stuff but still able to access already published stuff. This is the reason I gave up on 1e XW and started playing Armada instead. I guess I'll wait till wave 4.

Edited by Gallanteer

4 minutes ago, reqent said:

I really like the squadron boxes.  A 3 ship pack for 40 is a great entry point for new players!  I hope they consider more bundles like that.

I assume/hope the individual ship packs for the Vulture and Aethersprite will have different cards.

1 minute ago, Gallanteer said:

In the mean time - wave 3 = the unwelcome return of power creep with all other factions getting factioned locked stuff but still able to access already published stuff. This is the reason I gave up on 1e XW and started playing Armada instead.

Yeah, never releasing new content does eliminate power creep.