Force Majeure

Clone Wars!

1 hour ago, gadwag said:

I haven't seen too much discussion of grappling struts on here yet, and they look like a pretty interesting mechanic. Clearing stress and parking on rocks is powerful, but it's balanced by the fact that the only way to leave the rock is a 2fwd.

Has anyone got any sneaky plans for how they will use grappling struts?

I think vultures in general are just going to be so different to fly that nobody really knows what to do with them yet, and the grappling struts are only going to multiply that. The whole ship is so unlike anything else in the game. 

25 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

I think vultures in general are just going to be so different to fly that nobody really knows what to do with them yet, and the grappling struts are only going to multiply that. The whole ship is so unlike anything else in the game. 

I’m incredibly excited about the Republic but I can’t wait to fly a Vulture swarm, either ?

28 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

Just want to take a second to appreciate that, after so many waves and an edition change, this is still possible. New ships can still feel different.

36 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

3 Vultures and the Scimitar. Allow it to happen FFG.

I bet you can fit 4 and a kitted Scimitar. 4 should be able to fit < 100 points if priced at TIE/LN or better.

2 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

Just want to take a second to appreciate that, after so many waves and an edition change, this is still possible. New ships can still feel different.

That was half the purpose of second edition, to create another 5-10 years of room for growth. (It worked)

51 minutes ago, XPav said:

Special ability:  Separate into 2 ships when attacked by a Jedi.

And then you have to include him in every game you play from then on, regardless of what faction, or even what game, you’re playing. 

Edited by Forgottenlore

If the token spread is any indicator, the Infiltrator has a cannon slot... Cloaking device, nice dial and a cannon slot. Makes me wonder if those new square red Agility tokens are tied to a cannon, missile, or torp system. Or maybe all three types have something that does that. ???

12 hours ago, XPav said:

Special ability:  Separate into 2 ships when attacked by a Jedi.

11 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Wouldn't that require more than 1 Jedi to trigger?

I would think you'd only have to include Obi-wan...

1 minute ago, NeonWolf said:

Hmm, how would they represent Qui-Gonn's force ghost?  Make him a crew upgrade for Yoda?

Maybe, he didn't pop up as a force ghost till after the end of Ep. 3. Yoda being the only one communing with him and all.

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Maybe, he didn't pop up as a force ghost till after the end of Ep. 3. Yoda being the only one communing with him and all.

I doubt we'd actually see him in this game, I was just speculating. At least I didn't start a ridiculous thread about it...lol

14 hours ago, dsul413 said:

I bet you can fit 4 and a kitted Scimitar. 4 should be able to fit < 100 points if priced at TIE/LN or better.

If that’s the case I’ll want to run a “slim” Maul, 3 generic vultures (1 with Kraken or even) Grievious with it. Then the fourth ship being Grievous. Seems fun, good I don’t know. But fun.

14 hours ago, dsul413 said:

It's they're 20pts and Maul manages to come in under 90 then you could field 5 of them. Consider that. A 6 ship swarm list with a HUNDRED POINT large base ship in it!

6 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

It's they're 20pts and Maul manages to come in under 90 then you could field 5 of them. Consider that. A 6 ship swarm list with a HUNDRED POINT large base ship in it!

I am an unbelieveable level of in.

2 minutes ago, svelok said:

I am an unbelieveable level of in.

Well, let's wait until the points PDF comes in first, but yeah maybe. Maul being sub-90pts is a pretty big "if" as well. He's Init5 with 3 force tokens, that don't come cheap.

19 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

3 generic vultures (1 with Kraken

I think Kraken will end up on Maul or another lead ship in your example. And you're thinking really small squadron wise, 5+ vultures + Maul with some upgrades is likely a possibility.