Force Majeure

Clone Wars!

6 minutes ago, svelok said:

It's even more fun when I realize I somehow messed up at some point and have now fixed the image... ?

Yah, the old one does look a bit K-Fightery with the Tallon 2s replaced with 3 Sloops. :) 

I don’t think we need another whole topic clogging up the poor forums...

But I haven’t seen anyone discussing the V-19?

2/2/5/0 is Tugboat stats. No tractor array, obviously, and no Tech or likely bombs... pretty similar stats otherwise I’d guess? So are we looking at right around 30 points? Likely less? 6-7 naked low initiative clone boys or 5ish with ordinance?

Obviously they’ll mostly see play time as filler around Jedi, but I think we could be pleasantly surprised by them. And I mean I’m planning to own 4 right off the bat anyways.

Hopefully the clone pilots between the V-19 and the ARC aren't all the same.

2 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

2/2/5/0 is Tugboat stats. No tractor array, obviously, and no Tech or likely bombs... pretty similar stats otherwise I’d guess? So are we looking at right around 30 points? Likely less? 6-7 naked low initiative clone boys or 5ish with ordinance?

Obviously they’ll mostly see play time as filler around Jedi, but I think we could be pleasantly surprised by them. And I mean I’m planning to own 4 right off the bat anyways.

I’m willing to bet you get good variety on clone pilots. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Looks like it has the Z-95-A4 Dial with Tallon 2s added. Focus, Evade, Lock, and Barrel Roll > red Evade. I'd say the low inits (if any) will probably either 25 or 26 pts. 5 critable hp can go fast. Though are we sure it isn't 3 Hull?

I second the belief they are 5 hull as well. I wonder if the Synchronized Console card in the ARC pack could make missiles more viable on the V-17s? Didn't someone in here theorize it allowed sharing of target locks? It's clearly restricted to Republic ships with the Target Lock action. Assuming it does do that, here is to hoping there is multiples in the ARC pack or some in the squadron pack.

3 minutes ago, GeneralVryth said:

I second the belief they are 5 hull as well. I wonder if the Synchronized Console card in the ARC pack could make missiles more viable on the V-17s? Didn't someone in here theorize it allowed sharing of target locks? It's clearly restricted to Republic ships with the Target Lock action. Assuming it does do that, here is to hoping there is multiples in the ARC pack or some in the squadron pack.

5 hull is a possibility, the low resolution of the image is what is causing me to question that though. 

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

5 hull is a possibility, the low resolution of the image is what is causing me to question that though. 

I understand, if you zoom in you can kind of see the mirrored shape of the hull value in comparison to the attack and agility values.

In other news, if only the V-19 could mount a cloaking device they could impersonate a Wraith squadron...

7 minutes ago, GeneralVryth said:

Ooooooooooo.

You can’t spend said lock if you wanna pass it, I believe, but allowing a whole swarm to pass the same TL along just to shoot the missile could be viable. One higher initiative pilot to get the lock means the low initiative pilots don’t have to be in range for their activation.

Synchronized Console

“After you perform an attack, you may choose a friendly ship at range 1, or a friendly ship with the synchronized console upgrade at range 1-3, and spend a lock you have on the defender. If you do, the friendly ship you chose may aquire a lock on the defender.”

which, frankly, should have been the tie bomber or punisher’s ship ability. 

Edited by Forgottenlore

8 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

I am not sure I agree with this. It's actually kind of sad it's restricted to Republic it could help alleviate problems for a few target lock dependent ships, but I guess it makes sense for the mutual support aspect of the clones. Hopefully we will eventually get a more general modification that helps lower init ships get locks, ideally in a more self sufficient way. 

6 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Synchronized Console

“After you perform an attack, you may choose a friendly ship at range 1, or a friendly ship with the synchronized console upgrade at range 1-3, and spend a lock you have on the defender. If you do, the friendly ship you chose may aquire a lock on the defender.”

Does acquiring a target lock have to be in range, or is that only when performing the action?

6 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

I am not sure I agree with this. It's actually kind of sad it's restricted to Republic it could help alleviate problems for a few target lock dependent ships, but I guess it makes sense for the mutual support aspect of the clones. Hopefully we will eventually get a more general modification that helps lower init ships get locks, ideally in a more self sufficient way. 

I wonder if we'll get old clones for Rebels with "you may equip Republic upgrades".

45 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

Does acquiring a target lock have to be in range, or is that only when performing the action?

Rules Reference, Page 12:

• If an ability instructs a ship to acquire a lock, this is different than performing a [lock] action. A ship that acquires a lock without performing the action can still perform the [lock] action this round.
     ◊  If a ship is instructed to acquire a lock, the object it locks must be at range 0–3 unless otherwise specified

So range 0-3.

Because I'm bored on lunch break and we haven't seen it revealed yet, I give you the Republic specific talent upgrade:

"Good soldiers follow orders", Republic, Squad Including Darth Sidious. 

You may perform attacks on friendly limited ships you have locked. If you do, after the declare target step non-limited friendly ships at range 0-3 may acquire a lock on the defender.

Because nothing says 'Republic faction' like dropping Order 66 on your own Jedi pilots in the middle of a tournament final. 

?‍♂️

#justsheevthings

1 hour ago, GuacCousteau said:

Because I'm bored on lunch break and we haven't seen it revealed yet, I give you the Republic specific talent upgrade:

"Good soldiers follow orders", Republic, Squad Including Darth Sidious. 

You may perform attacks on friendly limited ships you have locked. If you do, after the declare target step non-limited friendly ships at range 0-3 may acquire a lock on the defender.

Because nothing says 'Republic faction' like dropping Order 66 on your own Jedi pilots in the middle of a tournament final. 

?‍♂️

#justsheevthings

In addition, you must do your very best Palp voice “Execute Order 66” immediately prior to declaring the attack.

11 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

They both have the same ace pilot, i5 "Odd Ball:"

swz32_anc_ship-image.png

swz33_anc_ship-image.png

But hopefully there isn't too much overlap in clone pilots. There's supposed to be thousands of 'em. If they wanted to lean on that clone theme they should just put identical abilities on different unique pilots.

Edited by nexttwelveexits

Yeah, I think Odd Ball overlaps so that we get a strong ace on either ship without flooding the faction with too many i5’s (considering there are at least 2 Jedi i5’s, and we’ve only seen 3 ships for the faction).

The one V-19 ability we can see has the > < arc symbols on it, which are on most of not all of the unique ARC pilots we can see. That said, the Torrent pilot’s text looks longer to me, so I’m hoping he’s a different pilot.

But are all of the Clones gonna have abilities that trigger on flanking wingmates? Certainly makes them stronger together, which is really cool, or makes them excellent wingmates for a Jedi. But I’m also not sure if I want it to be all of them.