Sign in to follow this  
Tabris2k

A Samurai’s Legacy - Community-created Card

1 minute ago, Kaito Kikaze said:

Seeing as they intentionally referenced its source pack with a bunch of question marks, I'm assuming it's not unintentional. Welcome to Pony Spoiler Season. 

Is it, though? It looks like the upcoming Clan Pack is not yet titled, or maybe they have found a name but it's so recent that internal documents don't show it yet, and they forgot to update this. It's both exciting and funny.

FWIW, I voted Swarm because I want more Dynasty cards that use the "more participating characters" mechanic.

10 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

I'm guessing the unnamed pack is the Unicorn Clan Pack and I think it's going to be named "Children of the Wind".

I believe "of the Wind" sounds right, but given that we have Children of the Empire coming our way, I don't think we'll have another Children of... product so soon, if at all. It would be a bad choice.

28 minutes ago, Ascarel said:

I believe "of the Wind" sounds right, but given that we have Children of the Empire coming our way, I don't think we'll have another Children of... product so soon, if at all. It would be a bad choice.

I don't really have a horse in this race, so I'm content to wait and see. ;)

19 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

I don't really have a horse in this race

Were you part of the Unicorn clan, you would, my friend, you would... 

Edited by Ascarel

Haven't yet made up my mind on what to vote for, since everything but Movement needs a lot more love.  Though Movement really could use more variety and effectiveness than the current state of 'obviously-telegraphed and thus easy for an opponent to plan around.'  

I think swarm would be best for Unicorn, but Out of Clan Allies will probably win since there are more than just Unicorn voting and they'd all like the chance to use the new cards through an increased likelihood of it being a conflict character.

I voted Out-of-Clan Allies but have no expectation for it being a conflict character. More likely it'll be some effect that enhances or is enhanced by including non-Unicorn cards/characters. IMO it's an interesting design space that so far is, I think, unique to unicorn (Gaijin Customs and Iuchi Shahai for example). 

16 hours ago, Ascarel said:

Voyagers of the Wind then?

36 minutes ago, ichaos1985 said:

Warriors of the Wind? Or Warriors of the Sand

I don’t think FFG bought any of the rights to Legend of the Burning Sands. And they haven’t even bothered to mention much about the lands outside Rokugan.

Warriors of the Wind seems like the one they would do with.

1 hour ago, Hyperjayman said:

I don’t think FFG bought any of the rights to Legend of the Burning Sands. And they haven’t even bothered to mention much about the lands outside Rokugan.

Go look at the RPG at the foreign languages the Unicorn, Tortoise Clan and Mantis Clan are expected to know.

The Mantis Clan is a free download, so you've no excuse there.

1 hour ago, Hyperjayman said:

We've had some mention of areas outside of the Empire in some RPG material.  Apparently the Burinng Sands specific IP was not included in the sale, but we've seen adjustments being made to include similar elements with needed name changes. 

screen_shot_2018-11-22_at_115916_am.png

Out-of-clans allies massively won... how unexpected. 

I’m normally not one to bash FFG, but allowing that option with a lot of people from other clans voting was really a mistake

First post updated, BTW

Edited by Tabris2k

9 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

screen_shot_2018-11-22_at_115916_am.png

Out-of-clans allies won... how unexpected. 

I’m normally not one to bash FFG, but allowing that option with a lot of people from other clans voting was really a mistake

First post updated, BTW

I'm not sure if this proves your point or not, but I voted for Out-of-Clan Allies as the Unicorn being the outward facing part of Rokugan is what I find most interesting about them.  The references to active international trade routes as part of their wealth is fantastic.

5 minutes ago, Doji Hyōkin said:

I'm not sure if this proves your point or not, but I voted for Out-of-Clan Allies as the Unicorn being the outward facing part of Rokugan is what I find most interesting about them.  The references to active international trade routes as part of their wealth is fantastic.

I’m sure a lot of people voted OoCA because they want another Gaijin Customs. FFG also referenced the card in the article, so people were even more biased. 

It’s like, if FFG makes a poll in the future for the card to be a Conflict card or a Dynasty card, Conflict will win for sure, because that could mean the card can be playable out of clan. 

Edited by Tabris2k

2 hours ago, TheHobgoblyn said:

Go look at the RPG at the foreign languages the Unicorn, Tortoise Clan and Mantis Clan are expected to know.

The Mantis Clan is a free download, so you've no excuse there.

When i have no intrest in playing the RPG, I'm not going to check it. Im also behind on story stuff for new continuity stuff. Also i have ridiculously minor lore knowledge.

And like i said FFG doesn’t own the rights to the Burning Sands IP. 

@Tabris2k It only makes sense in the Unicorn anyway. Any other clan getting the out of clan option would be bull-scrap.

And... I don't know.

Shihai can be an OoCA, and not only Gaijin Custom, but still, not for Utaku. Utaku are the most Rokugani family we have, and I think that choice is not the right one for an Utaku.

However, it can be good, let's see how it will keep going: I still hope for a good conflict character for Unicorn, and this card can be "Acton: if you control a no-Unicorn character, ready an Unicorn character" Take a look, and watch careful how Unicorn handle their business! (lol)