Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tabris2k

A Samurai’s Legacy - Community-created Card

Recommended Posts

From what I understand, they had a localized pack for Warriors of the Wind on display at Madrid, so I'm pretty certain it won't be included there. It *might* be included in the pack cycle starting in May, but honestly even that could be iffy since they still need to do testing. IIRC they said Elemental Cycle was wrapping up testing end of last year, it really only featured fixes for Unicorn because they did so poorly right out the gate. I would guess this is most likely to release in either another premium box or the pack cycle after next. 

Edited by Kaito Kikaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaito Kikaze said:

From what I understand, they had a localized pack for Warriors of the Wind on display at Madrid, so I'm pretty certain it won't be included there. It *might* be included in the pack cycle starting in May, but honestly even that could be iffy since they still need to do testing. IIRC they said Elemental Cycle was wrapping up testing end of last year, it really only featured fixes for Unicorn because they did so poorly right out the gate. I would guess this is most likely to release in either another premium box or the pack cycle after next. 

In Madrid, I think it was Tyler Parrott (?) showing some cards around, not the whole pack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hyperjayman said:

So a dynasty card then.

An influence cost of 2 would be detrimental enough for off clan inclusion. You’d only have enough to run two(or three depending on build) copies of this and two(or three depending on build) gaijin unicorn cards. Even with a Support of the Unicorn role it doesn’t make it that much more consistent outside of Unicorn. Which is fine because if another clan wanted to negotiate with gaijin they more than likely would ask a Unicorn clan member to mediate.

To be honest, if she will be conflict card with influence cost, I am totally fine. I just read so many comments here and on other internet page that they don't want this character to be a conflict's one because they want all for Unicorn... So for that I wrote also the comment about influence.

But anyway, I think Unicorn lack of good conflict characters, and I think we need more. Sure, we will get new character with the clan pack, but still, this is a community created card, I think it should be a conflict card, so everyone who participated can use it, if they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ishi Tonu said:

I would love to see this as a high glory conflict card.  Having some way to play a character at the end of the turn and steal the favor without splashing Dragon would be a nice change of pace. 

I'd say that'd be a waste of fate but since Unicorn can use Fair Accord to ensure they trigger they're new Stronghold I'll say, meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shineyorkboy said:

I'd say that'd be a waste of fate but since Unicorn can use Fair Accord to ensure they trigger they're new Stronghold I'll say, meh.

I need something that keeps Toturi stocked up on his imperial edict go juice.  

Little kitty gets cranky without his drinky drink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 6:37 PM, shineyorkboy said:

I'd say that'd be a waste of fate but since Unicorn can use Fair Accord to ensure they trigger they're new Stronghold I'll say, meh.

Uni wouldn't need Fair Accord, or anything else to trigger their new SH. You collect your fate each turn at the start of the Dynasty phase so Shiro Shinjo is always on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really. You start at a lower fate generation than any other stronghold, and have to work to get above the standard threshold. Plus, your stronghold is essentially blank. It's definitely a good card, but I don't expect it to be broken. In fact, I expect many Unicorns will stick with HMT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shineyorkboy said:

Ah, well, they're either going to have to errata that or specify that broken provinces are not face up or else that is extremely broken.

Broken provinces are not in play, so they would not count.

Edit: I'll just stop posting now

Edited by AradonTemplar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AradonTemplar said:

Oh. In that case, is it true that the unicorn stronghold will stay at +4 fate at the end of the game, then? I assumed it'd go back down as you break their provinces.

Yes, the Unicorn Stronghold counts faceup broken provinces when determining its starting Fate per turn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, shineyorkboy said:

Ah, well, they're either going to have to errata that or specify that broken provinces are not face up or else that is extremely broken.

It's a SH that does nothing T1, and most of the time only gets you back to fate parity T2 so by the time you hit T3 you've generated 3 more fate than your opponent. Sure, it scales amazing past that but most games have been effectively won by then and SHs like City, Mountains Anvil Castle and HMT all have abilities that are going to have been worth at least that extra 3 fate over 3 turns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that there is design space for some provinces to start face up, i.e. Toshi Ranbo

We could very well see more provinces like this, which would effectively neutralize any turn 1 fate disadvantages for the new Unicorn Stronghold.

I think we are about to enter an era where we see fewer games "effectively decided early."  If the CotE expansion turns out to move honor bidding out of the "bid 5 era", as many expect it will, and we start seeing more varied honor bids, this should push games a little bit longer.  Bidding actually becomes a real strategy towards achieving a win condition and/or preventing your opponent from achieving one, instead of a game of bid 5 chicken.

My expectations of the new Unicorn Stronghold is that it's going to want to play towards the long game and be very good at doing it.  At turn two it's going to be fate neutral with any other 7 fate stronghold, most of the time, and probably fate positive more often than it is fate negative. 

Also keep in mind that the new Unicorn Stronghold naturally moves games away from "effectively" deciding anything because those decks that were able to get ahead didn't have to contend with another deck that gets a +3 fate boost every turn to try and catch up.  If someone has not beat a Unicorn before turn 3, they are going to have to find a way to close it quickly because the longer the game goes, the larger that fate gap gets, and the long game typically favors the person with the fate advantage.

My gut says that competitive players who are not truly clan loyal could jump ship to play the new Unicorn Stronghold.

And sorry for the off topic ramblings................so to tie it into this thread, um I guess it doesn't really matter what the Unicorn got from this community created card exercise, because they are about to get everything they need within a couple months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ishi Tonu said:

And sorry for the off topic ramblings................so to tie it into this thread, um I guess it doesn't really matter what the Unicorn got from this community created card exercise, because they are about to get everything they need within a couple months. 

I hope so. We haven't been competitive since launch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caseycheesecake said:

I hope so. We haven't been competitive since launch...

Unicorn are competitive now.  The recent RL updates help them out quite a bit as Scorpion was a fairly problematic match up.  Unleash the Djinn helps the Dragon match up so at least Unicorn has options to compete with the top two clans.

Even before the RL was updated Unicorn managed to get a top 8, so that's a major improvement.

CotE and the Unicorn clan pack should keep them in the running, potentially even putting them in the top.........but even if they remain below the "top tier" they are leaps and bounds better than what they were at launch.

2019 is the year of the pONI!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Unicorn are competitive now.  The recent RL updates help them out quite a bit as Scorpion was a fairly problematic match up.  Unleash the Djinn helps the Dragon match up so at least Unicorn has options to compete with the top two clans.

Even before the RL was updated Unicorn managed to get a top 8, so that's a major improvement.

CotE and the Unicorn clan pack should keep them in the running, potentially even putting them in the top.........but even if they remain below the "top tier" they are leaps and bounds better than what they were at launch.

2019 is the year of the pONI!

Yes. I was surprised to see no Talisman on the RL. I think it will be next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, caseycheesecake said:

Kotei results don't back up your claims, Ishi Tonu.

Only because so many clans are forced into Dragon Splash and the competitive decks (Dragon, Scorpion and Crane) were mostly on Seeker role instead of Keeper.  Now that there are two roles and most clans can balance a Keeper and Seeker option choices are starting to open up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, caseycheesecake said:

Kotei results don't back up your claims, Ishi Tonu.

Which claims are we talking about?  I say a lot of crazy shbleep.   :D

If it's regarding my last comment about Unicorn............

1. It's not 2019 yet, CotE and the Unicorn clan pack haven't been released

2. Stats from the Madrid Kotei, provided by IA, show Unicorn had a favorable match up vs 3 of the clans, which to me indicates they are competitive

3. Unicorn made top 8 at the last PAX

4. There have not been any major events since the RL was updated

Where exactly have I overstepped? 

 

Edited by Ishi Tonu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...