Sign in to follow this  
Tabris2k

A Samurai’s Legacy - Community-created Card

3 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

More likely to affect cards with the Gaijin trait.

All 0 of them?

I dunno, it seems like a weird thing to make a card that interacts with a trait that doesn't exist (yet) in any numbers.

Just now, Mangod said:

All 0 of them?

I dunno, it seems like a weird thing to make a card that interacts with a trait that doesn't exist (yet) in any numbers.

Zero? Spyglass and Compass. I thought there were more but those cards were listed as Meishodo, so it's true it needs some fleshing out.

5 minutes ago, sndwurks said:

I would love to see a character with balanced stats, high Glory who Honors when you play a Gaijin card.

Or reduce the cost to play Gaijin cards, or reaction to cancel an honor loss when you play a Meishodo card

25 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Or reduce the cost to play Gaijin cards, or reaction to cancel an honor loss when you play a Meishodo card

With Shiro Shinjo and Iuchi Shahai, the Unicorn aren't needing more Fate reduction. Getting more equity out of that high Honor will turn the card from a coaster (balanced stats + high Glory = Dishonored into worthlessness) to playable in the right deck.

3 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

Have you noticed the last two spoiled cards for Unicorn have the Gaijin trait?

Coincidence? I think not...

Can just imagine Tyler sitting back rubbing his hands with a manic grin. 

"All according to my plans..." he thinks, as the light glints off his glasses. 

Well, I voted Ide, came out Utaku

I voted for exploration, and I see Gaijin

I voted for Balanced: I got what I wanted! Yeah!

But I am very very very very very happy that card will not be a ronin, I am so happy for it!

29 minutes ago, HirumaShigure said:

I went Crab, Moto, first turn, political focus-high glory, cultured mediator: so I'm going to start voting the opposite of what I want to see too!:D

“If you vote what you want, you’ll get what you don’t want. If you vote what you don’t want, you’ll get what you don’t want”

The Law, as written by the Kami Murphy

9 hours ago, Hyperjayman said:

Are we going to get any more options to vote? The only thing left would be to vote on an ability, if we even get to vote on that, and then art.

I think conflict or dynasty deck, and if conflict deck with or without influence... and maybe male or female (this second one is not so important if it's not an unique character).

10 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

“If you vote what you want, you’ll get what you don’t want. If you vote what you don’t want, you’ll get what you don’t want”

The Law, as written by the Kami Murphy

Well, that's first past the post for you.

Ooof. Those abilities.

Don't get me wrong, "In Search of Honor" is the ability I want (see my above post), but "In Search of Gifts" is so freaking ridiculously bonkersly good that if it does win, then there is going to be a calendar linked in my description reading "Days Until Worldly Shiotome is Released". Because that ability is game-breakingly good.

12 minutes ago, Hordeoverseer said:

In Search of Honor seems like the best one considering its Glory is going to be high?

Honor with be the most appropriate in terms of making a balanced and playable card but as sndwouks said Gifts would be the broken ability as it would let you filter for the most useful neutral conflict card each turn.

My gut says In Search Of Gifts is the strongest of the options.  Search Of Honor would be the most appropriate for the character, but I think the only Gaijin traited card is Spyglass.  Maybe in the future that ability will be really good.

I think this ability needs to be really good to justify the character even though it will likely get dishonored (due to being high glory, balanced stats).  Do we have any Gaijin traited cards spoiled in the Unicorn pack or Children?  I think that's the big question.

2 minutes ago, phillos said:

My gut says In Search Of Gifts is the strongest of the options.  Search Of Honor would be the most appropriate for the character, but I think the only Gaijin traited card is Spyglass.  Maybe in the future that ability will be really good.

I think this ability needs to be really good to justify the character even though it will likely get dishonored (due to being high glory, balanced stats).  Do we have any Gaijin traited cards spoiled in the Unicorn pack or Children?  I think that's the big question.

We've seen at least two new Gaijin cards in the spoilers for the Unicorn pack and I think its safe to say there will be more in it.

5 minutes ago, phillos said:

There’s at least 4 gaijin cards that we know of: Spyglass, compass, Trading on the Sand Road, and Curved Blade. 3 of them coming in the Unicorn pack, and there will be more, probably.

More than enough to trigger Search of Honor reliably.