Sign in to follow this  
Tabris2k

A Samurai’s Legacy - Community-created Card

6 minutes ago, Mirith said:

I thought he did, he just really didn't want to be there.

O'Ushi was the one who didn't want to be there, at least until she found the loop hole that let her compete fro her own hand.

Yasamura was just out for  a ride with his dad when they "stumbled" on the tournament and he was told why don't you try your luck son.

Edited by Schmoozies

Just now, Mirith said:

Its been a while.  Poor guy.

I hope they keep this as canon.  It is some of my favorite Crab flavor.

Well we already know of a few changes since dad is now mom and doesn't seem to keep her son in the dark about what's going on the way Yokatsu used to.  There's also the fact that somehow he's now the eldest child rather than youngest.  Otherwise the possibility is there to revisit the concept later down the road.

4 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Well we already know of a few changes since dad is now mom and doesn't seem to keep her son in the dark about what's going on the way Yokatsu used to.  There's also the fact that somehow he's now the eldest child rather than youngest.  Otherwise the possibility is there to revisit the concept later down the road.

He's still not her heir, though, so they can still marry him off out-of-clan and be good.

Though what I'm also interested to see is if Yakamo or Sukune get to have some wifes and kiddos this time around. Have a big ol family of Crab cousins.

17 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

He's still not her heir, though, so they can still marry him off out-of-clan and be good.

Though what I'm also interested to see is if Yakamo or Sukune get to have some wifes and kiddos this time around. Have a big ol family of Crab cousins.

Sukune given his health issues and supposed age I'm not surprised didn't have children in the old game, and given that the health issues seem to have been carried over ot the new the same may be true.  Yakamo it was always odd didn't have any children as given his position as heir you would think would have been married, or at least betrothed, very young and once he did become champion they should have had him working on breeding some heirs asap.

1 minute ago, Schmoozies said:

Sukune given his health issues and supposed age I'm not surprised didn't have children in the old game, and given that the health issues seem to have been carried over ot the new the same may be true. 

I felt it had more to do with the fact that Kisada thought he was a complete waste of a child that resulted in Sukune never getting married. This edition, though, Kisada seems to actually respect him for his strategic mind, which if accurate, is a change I really love. So there's hope for our little Shadow Samurai!

9 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

I felt it had more to do with the fact that Kisada thought he was a complete waste of a child that resulted in Sukune never getting married. This edition, though, Kisada seems to actually respect him for his strategic mind, which if accurate, is a change I really love. So there's hope for our little Shadow Samurai!

Oh for sure the fact that the Bear so little of value from his youngest due to his frailty was one of the main issues.  And yes he seems more respected by his father now (although RPG supplements did mention that Kisada did respect his tactical mind in the old lore as well which was one of the reasons he was given command of the first Crab army sent to seize Beiden pass, the loss of which led to his second career as a banner).  But in new lore I can see where Kisada having still having two other unmarried "heirs" the clans likely aren't jockeying to marry their best to the youngest son when their are more tempting matches to be made.

23 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Oh for sure the fact that the Bear so little of value from his youngest due to his frailty was one of the main issues.  And yes he seems more respected by his father now (although RPG supplements did mention that Kisada did respect his tactical mind in the old lore as well which was one of the reasons he was given command of the first Crab army sent to seize Beiden pass, the loss of which led to his second career as a banner).  But in new lore I can see where Kisada having still having two other unmarried "heirs" the clans likely aren't jockeying to marry their best to the youngest son when their are more tempting matches to be made.

Not to mention, wasn't Good Little Wife about 10 years down the road in the story from where we are now? Hidden Emperor timeline, post-Clan War and Second Day of Thunder. That is a really long time to let the most combat-heavy, front-line leading Champion(s) go without even trying to provide an heir.

7 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

Not to mention, wasn't Good Little Wife about 10 years down the road in the story from where we are now? Hidden Emperor timeline, post-Clan War and Second Day of Thunder. That is a really long time to let the most combat-heavy, front-line leading Champion(s) go without even trying to provide an heir.

Around that yes, it was Hidden Emperor era.

2 hours ago, Hida Jitenno said:

He wasn't a complete waste.......

He makes for a pretty sweet flag.