Sign in to follow this  
Tabris2k

A Samurai’s Legacy - Community-created Card

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, Tabris2k said:

People, they said this card is gonna be released in a future product. I doubt it will be Children of the Empire, and I doubt it will be one of the clan packs. So it’ll be at least a year until this card get released, I think. 

So don’t vote based on what clan, or strategy, or trait, you perceive to be weak now, because when this card releases all that will have changed.

So the best is just vote the options you think will make a good and fun card.

Of course, if in some poll there’s the possibility of making the card a dog, we’re all voting dog, right?

Uh, can we corrupt it?  That Unicorn War Dog Master seems uncorrupted to me, as of yet.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Ishi Tonu said:

If we're wanting a dog I'm pretty sure it has to be Moto.  

Also, whoever was in charge of the color selection for that pie chart needs to get their eyes checked.

If you can't use the exact colors of the clan you could at least not use the colors of another clan.  Lol

screen_shot_2018-11-08_at_110043_am.png

I'm betting it was procedurally generated (i.e. whatever was first was blue, second red...), but if you're OK with Phoenix as pink, they could have just moved all of the clans (except Crab, I guess) to a different order.  That said, I love it.  I always assumed Lion were green with envy.:D

13 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

According to my card spreadsheet, current distribution of families:

Family Generic Unique Total
Ide 2 1 3
Iuchi 1 1 2
Moto 3 2 5
Shinjo 3 3 6
Utaku 2 2 4

There might be more in the non-uniques without the family name in their titles. I'd add the following to the "generic" column:

• Ide: Giver of Gifts (because he's a courtier)
  • Iuchi: Master of the Swift Waves and Meishōdō Wielder (because they're shugenja)
  • Moto: War Dog Master (because it seems foreign)
  • Utaku: Battle Maiden Recruit (because she's a Battle Maiden)

I'm not sure for Border Rider, Child of the Plains, Minami Kaze Regulars, Swift Magistrate and Warrior Poet. That leaves Shiksha Scout, who is obviously not from any of the families.

16 hours ago, Duciris said:

Uh, can we corrupt it?  That Unicorn War Dog Master seems uncorrupted to me, as of yet.

screen_shot_2018-11-08_at_110043_am.png

I'm betting it was procedurally generated (i.e. whatever was first was blue, second red...), but if you're OK with Phoenix as pink, they could have just moved all of the clans (except Crab, I guess) to a different order.  That said, I love it.  I always assumed Lion were green with envy.:D

The lion would be pink as there is no yellow in that pie graph. So the orange would go to the Phoenix. Plus the Unicorn where in pink when they where winning at 16.9% when it was only 728 votes.

Why they used 8 of the clans colors but didn’t match them makes no sense though.

3 hours ago, Khudzlin said:

There might be more in the non-uniques without the family name in their titles. I'd add the following to the "generic" column:

• Iuchi: Master of the Swift Waves and Meishōdō Wielder (because they're shugenja)

I'm not sure for Border Rider, Child of the Plains, Minami Kaze Regulars, Swift Magistrate and Warrior Poet. That leaves Shiksha Scout, who is obviously not from any of the families.

Those are reasonable guesses, but then again, would you guess that a Courtier called a Mediator would be anything other than Ide?  You'd be wrong, because the card's actually an Utaku Mediator.  On the other hand, one of the main characters back in the City of Lies box set is Ide Baranato - he's a merchant patron and Shugenja.  I'd suggest generics with no family name are drawn from multiple families, and ones which represent large forces are a mixture.

6 hours ago, Khudzlin said:

If I had to guess I'd say Border Rider and CotP are Shinjo.  They have movement and tactics which are very Shinjo-y.

MKR is an army so likely a collection of various Unicorn families that make up the army, probably light on the Moto as they already have their horde.

I'm gonna peg Warrior Poet as Utaku. Since its a she and I'm pretty sure their was a fiction in which the Battle Maidens were literally described as warrior poets.

Swift Magistrate I'll say is Ide.  No Cav trait and holds a position that requires someone that is more adept at politics.

56 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

I'm gonna peg Warrior Poet as Utaku. Since its a she and I'm pretty sure their was a fiction in which the Battle Maidens were literally described as warrior poets.

She doesn't have the Battle Maiden trait, though. So I'm reluctant to peg her as Utaku.

4 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

Becasue Tadaji can't find his way out of the binders while the rest of them actually may see play ?

I'm still very interested to learn what their idea was with that card. I mean, surely they had to have one... yes?

20 minutes ago, Veruca said:

I'm still very interested to learn what their idea was with that card. I mean, surely they had to have one... yes?

I'm pretty sure it was part of the all Unicorn cards should be trash unless played in another clan phase.

8 hours ago, Veruca said:

Bring in more power on your side of the battle while also bringing in one of their cards that doesn't add much power to the battle so that you can then dishonor or destroy that card or even just cause it to bow as a result of the battle thus robbing them of a potential attacker?

The real issue with the card is that it requires both players to have a 2 or less cost character that is readied.

If the 2 cost and readied restrictions weren't there, it'd be a really powerful card. So I think maybe it was deemed too powerful so the restrictions were slapped on without considering that those cumulative restrictions made the ability almost never functional.