Sign in to follow this  
Tabris2k

A Samurai’s Legacy - Community-created Card

If you ask me based on the votes, they should also make a card of the lowest result.

It just means that clan don't have enough players to vote for it coz for some reason current players dont prefer playing it probably coz hard to win in the current meta. So maybe a new card for it will make it more playable in the future.

*cough* LION *cough*

Edited by Yogo Rye X

10 minutes ago, Yogo Rye X said:

If you ask me based on the votes, they should also make a card of the lowest result.

It just means that clan don't have enough players to vote for it coz for some reason current players dont prefer playing it probably coz hard to win in the current meta. So maybe a new card for it will make it more playable in the future.

*cough* LION *cough*

This isn't like Magic: The Gathering where people switch colors or "guilds" at the drop of a hat.

Even though we generally all have access to all the cards, people are generally tight with their clan loyalties even through the hard times.

During the time when the poll was public, the least popular option was Dragon.

14 minutes ago, TheHobgoblyn said:

This isn't like Magic: The Gathering where people switch colors or "guilds" at the drop of a hat.

Even though we generally all have access to all the cards, people are generally tight with their clan loyalties even through the hard times.

Not to mention, some players might have a favorite clans, but play other clans they see as stronger in tournaments and would revert to their favorite in a heartbeat if they thought they had a decent chance of doing well with it.

24 minutes ago, TheHobgoblyn said:

Which is baffling because the Unicorn has had the least players in competitive and seemingly casual, yet the where the top, beating out the Scorpion by 0.6%.

Edit - @Khudzlin We replied at the same time so i will say...you have a very good point. I didn’t think of that.

Edited by Hyperjayman

People, they said this card is gonna be released in a future product. I doubt it will be Children of the Empire, and I doubt it will be one of the clan packs. So it’ll be at least a year until this card get released, I think. 

So don’t vote based on what clan, or strategy, or trait, you perceive to be weak now, because when this card releases all that will have changed.

So the best is just vote the options you think will make a good and fun card.

Of course, if in some poll there’s the possibility of making the card a dog, we’re all voting dog, right?

41 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Of course, if in some poll there’s the possibility of making the card a dog, we’re all voting dog, right?

Let's not end the game just yet, please.

I expect to see this card one year from today, at best really. I don't think it's going to be in the pipe for a while because art + testing + production + announcement + shipping etc.

Just as a quick note regarding some of the arguments/points brought up during this thread: I prefer to lurk and rarely make my voice heard, but I avidly follow everything that comes out of this fandom and story. I'm a Dragon to the bone, refusing to build a deck for another clan even to improve my own play just to maintain that loyalty... and I voted Unicorn. Even though Lion is the new lowest tier, the Unicorn have inspired me with their loyalty and perseverance in the face of getting some of the lowest quality out of the gate. I honestly want to build a card the Unicorn love and look forward to playing. 

If we're wanting a dog I'm pretty sure it has to be Moto.  

Also, whoever was in charge of the color selection for that pie chart needs to get their eyes checked.

If you can't use the exact colors of the clan you could at least not use the colors of another clan.  Lol

Edited by Ishi Tonu

25 minutes ago, Radix2309 said:

A lot of dragons figured we weren't winning anyways and decided to support other clans. I voted Crab.

And a proportion of Crab voted Crane to say thanks to the Shogun. People voted for whatever reason they wanted, not just what is their favorite clan.

11 minutes ago, Vlad3theImpaler said:

I love the idea of this, but I'm perplexed as to why the poll was only open for 24 hours.  A full week seems like that would have been better.

Probably so people don’t have time to spoof the poll by creating multiple accounts, etc..

13 hours ago, Ishi Tonu said:

If we're wanting a dog I'm pretty sure it has to be Moto.  

Also, whoever was in charge of the color selection for that pie chart needs to get their eyes checked.

If you can't use the exact colors of the clan you could at least not use the colors of another clan.  Lol

Well, with the Winter Court choices, we have the new steward of Hisu Mori Mura, who is an (as yet unnamed) Moto Samurai, sent to "bring foreign traditions to the people of the village."

The only Moto characters we have to date are Moto Juro and Moto Nergui, along with a couple of genetics (Aggressive Moto, Moto Youth, Moto Horde). All of them are Cavalry Bushi - we haven't yet seen anything much about what the Moto are like when they're not trampling over people's faces from the back of a warhorse.

I'm not sure how you'd do the new steward...a courtier? a non-cavalry bushi? a courtier with the cavalry keyword?

The 'foreign traditions' thing might be interesting to see how it would be represented, too. I could imagine a character with a half-decent glory who enters play dishonoured and can earn honoured status defending province(s), or something similar.

1 hour ago, Horvagab said:

Moto or Ide is pretty tempting to do for Pony, though more Utaku can always work. Shinjo has enough characters, and perhaps 1 or 2 more Iuchi?

The only correct answer at this point is Horiuchi as we need the return of the formatting/editing error family