Kai Kazegami

Source book "Emerald Empire" preview

"Trained to Take Them Alive, their title ability ensures that yoriki can easily trigger the Snaring quality on weapons and stop criminals before they get away."

2 opportunity from Coiling Serpent to immobilize with snaring weapon wasn't good enough ? allright then.

23 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

My question is how long is it gonna be at the printer? And how long is rise of the separatists going to be in the boat?

The upcoming page has become pretty much useless...

Well the boat takes as long as the boat takes, and sometimes the boat sinks. 

But yeah, other updates can be slow. In general FFG is smart, they know you are much happier to be surprised when something is available, than upset something didn't arrive on time, but it can be a little hard to get an eye on the schedule. 

48 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Well the boat takes as long as the boat takes, and sometimes the boat sinks. 

But yeah, other updates can be slow. In general FFG is smart, they know you are much happier to be surprised when something is available, than upset something didn't arrive on time, but it can be a little hard to get an eye on the schedule. 

NOT MY FAULT I SWEAR

3 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Ive heard that before...

HEY! Ghost was locked up on Denon at the time I SWEAR it wasnt us! 

Back on topic

I want a timeline, apparently given the fact that Bayushi Kachiko is mentioned the 5th edition of L5R MIGHT occur just before the Scorpion Clan Coup in 1123 of the L5R timeline, asfter which the current Emperor Hantei XXXIX marries her to end the Bayushi line. However she posions him over a 10 year period and Torturi 1 takes the throne whern Hantei XXXIX leaves no heir

Edited by Ni Fang

Yeah, we're definitely pre-Scorpion Coup, and probably won't have one the same way. I'm pretty sure we're still on Hantei XXXVIII. Check out this post to catch up on the current fiction: 

But the timeline in general will be good. I need it for more in-depth plotting. 

3 hours ago, Ni Fang said:

HEY! Ghost was locked up on Denon at the time I SWEAR it wasnt us! 

Back on topic

I want a timeline, apparently given the fact that Bayushi Kachiko is mentioned the 5th edition of L5R MIGHT occur just before the Scorpion Clan Coup in 1123 of the L5R timeline, asfter which the current Emperor Hantei XXXIX marries her to end the Bayushi line. However she posions him over a 10 year period and Torturi 1 takes the throne whern Hantei XXXIX leaves no heir

Ghost has a distinct ion trail...just dayin'

2 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

Yeah, we're definitely pre-Scorpion Coup, and probably won't have one the same way. I'm pretty sure we're still on Hantei XXXVIII. Check out this post to catch up on the current fiction: 

But the timeline in general will be good. I need it for more in-depth plotting. 

Yeah there seem to be distinct differences...i dont know the old timeline well enough to catch them. I suspect things will unfold in a related way but not the same. Maybe the coupe doesnt happen. Maybe the coupe  does happen but not successfully.

42 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Maybe the coupe  does happen but not successfully

Well it wasn’t exactly a resounding success in the original timeline ;) Technically it did succeed very briefly before provoking the exile of the entire Scorpion clan in reprisals...

In the FFG fictions, we do see the premises for these events though, with Kachiko strongly suggesting the idea to her champion of a husband. 

10 hours ago, Franwax said:

Well it wasn’t exactly a resounding success in the original timeline ;) Technically it did succeed very briefly before provoking the exile of the entire Scorpion clan in reprisals...

In the FFG fictions, we do see the premises for these events though, with Kachiko strongly suggesting the idea to her champion of a husband. 

Im just saying the door is currently open for things to unfold differently. I'm sure when we get the Emerald Empire book we will have a more clear path for what will happen. 

3 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Im just saying the door is currently open for things to unfold differently. I'm sure when we get the Emerald Empire book we will have a more clear path for what will happen. 

Oh absolutely! I’d welcome that :)

22 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

I don't recall which thread, but it has been confirmed that we've passed the date of the SCC in this edition.

46 minutes ago, Hida Jitenno said:

I don't recall which thread, but it has been confirmed that we've passed the date of the SCC in this edition.

That’s interesting! Maybe no “last of the Hantei” prophecy in this timeline?

1 hour ago, Hida Jitenno said:

So who would Kachiko be with ? Hantei XXXIX or Shoju ? From what I've been reading, she's making advances on Doji Hortau. Though I may be wrong on the spelling of the Crane's name there. for all I know butchered it

53 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Kachiko is still married to Bayushi Shoju, Scorpion Champ. She's beenar having an affair with Doji Hotu, currently Crane Clan Champion for an unknown period. 

I wonder how her husband would reasct to that.....

Then again in many stories I have read, Japanese lords had more than one fife, no idea of how many other hobbies those ladies had, so for all I know Kachiko is on the up and up there

Well, storyline may have past the Coup date, but certainly not the Coup itself. But with Toturi married to Kaede and willing to become the next Emerald Champion, the storyline might change a lot. Scorpion characters will have a chance to live.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:27 PM, Daeglan said:

Maybe the coupe  does happen but not successfully.

COUP:  a takeover of a government by select groups near the top.

COUPE: a type of car, usually 2 seater, somewhere between sports car and sedan.

21 hours ago, Ni Fang said:

Japanese lords had more than one fife, ...

Fife: a type of high voice flute, usually transverse. May or many not have levered keys.

Fief: a feudal holding.

Edited by AK_Aramis

16 minutes ago, AK_Aramis said:

Fief: a feudal holding

I believe the typo was more on the first letter and the intended word was “wife”. 

Anyways, we shouldn’t generalize rokugani behavior based on Kachiko... she is one of a kind!

19 minutes ago, Franwax said:

I believe the typo was more on the first letter and the intended word was “wife”. 

Anyways, we shouldn’t generalize rokugani behavior based on Kachiko... she is one of a kind!

But a bunch of grumpy daimyō with itty-bitty wind instruments makes for a very funny image.

2 hours ago, Ni Fang said:

For me, as long as Kachiko doesnt detail her hobby time with Hotaru I'm a happy Lady

What? you dont want to read her pillowbook? With all the boring political stuff removed?

Edited by Daeglan

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:40 AM, Ni Fang said:

I wonder how her husband would reasct to that.....

More significant (since we don't know if Shoju knows) is how her brother (the Shosuro Daimyo) is going to react to it, long-term.

The immediate family of the Scorpion Clan hierarchy is in a state of serious tension, mostly due to Kachiko:

• Bayushi Shoju
    • whilst the Clan Champion, is absolutely and utterly dedicated to the Empire, and can be expected to come down on any evidence of buggering up the stability of the empire like a tonne of building materials.
    • In fact, that's basically the core message of "A Call To Investigate", the Scorpion Clan's Winter Court letter.
    • Is about to be made the Regent in the cluster-fething  mess that the Imperial Succession is probably about to turn into, but we don't know who, if anyone (including him!) knows this.
  • Bayushi Kachiko
    • May or may not be cheating on her husband with the Crane Clan champion (as someone else noted in a previous thread: totally is, to the point that even Doji Shizue's cat can tell)
    • Definitely tried to 'fix' the Emerald Championship, first by manipulating the Emperor into appointing a 'pro tem' champion which she planned to make a 'de facto' champion without ever holding the tournament, then by cheating in the tournament itself, to make Bayushi Aramoro the Emerald Champion.
  • Bayushi Aramoro
    • Obsessed with Kachiko to a frankly quite creepy level and wants her for himself
    • Is Bayushi Shoju's brother and despises him.
    • Thinks he should have been Scorpion Clan Champion (because of Shoju's weakened arm) and should have been Emerald Champion (because despite losing even when he was trying to cheat he feels Akodo Toturi and Bayushi Yojiro 'stole what was rightfully his')
    • Married to Yogo Asami, because she looks almost identical to the subject of his obsession.
    • Is using his own wife as a 'body double' for Kachiko to allow her to pursue her affair without getting caught.
  • Shosuro Hametsu
    • Kachiko's brother, and knows at least some details of the relationship.
    • From 'In the palace of the Emerald Champion': "He hates Hotaru whose clandestine relationship with his sister Kachiko compromises his sister’s loyalty to the Scorpion and, worse in his eyes, threatens to make his sister happy"
    • 'Compromises your loyalty' in the Scorpion Clan is one of those phrases which is usually followed by a 'snikt!' noise and someone wiping blood off a knife.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:09 AM, UnitOmega said:

Kachiko certainly implies as much in The World, A Stage:

"many Hantei emperors have come and gone in the meantime. None have enjoyed the favor of Heaven as clearly as the first. And this one, the thirty-eighth—”

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, Avatar111 said:

2 opportunity from Coiling Serpent to immobilize with snaring weapon wasn't good enough ? allright then.

"Trained to Take Them Alive, their title ability ensures that yoriki can easily trigger the Snaring quality on weapons and stop criminals before they get away."

Well, snaring already lets you immobilize a target, whether you have Coiling Serpent Strike or not, and a lot of 'common criminal' type opponents are already vigilance 2. Coiling Serpent's "** to immobilize" only really matters against Vigilance 3 or more targets.

I'd imagine it'll be 'count their vigilance as one lower'? - That means immobilizing a minion is generally just *, which is good for a Yoriki's 'day job' but a vigilance 4 or better still gives you a benefit for having Coiling Serpent Strike technique.

These tools and resources can help you make your own imprint on Rokugan and craft lush, intriguing locations in which to base your campaigns. What hidden and wonderful places exist between the markers on a map?

A print-quality version of the map so I can bloody well read the markers would be appreciated.

Edited by Magnus Grendel