Sign in to follow this  
Trudem

Best talent upgrade on Boba?

I’ve really liked Debris Gambit. It’s so cheap and easy to trigger that white Evade, so inevitably it winds up pulling some weight over the course of a few games. Boba can generate enough mods on his own right now that he is one of the few pilots who has the freedom to Evade as his regular action.

I've generally flown him with no talent, but I see a lot of people using Debris Gambit and it makes sense.  Assuming you have Han (Gunner), it's not usually valuable to focus or reinforce with your regular action.  Because of Boba's pilot ability, TL is also less useful for him.  So for actions that just leaves boost.

Boost is great but sometimes you just don't need to reposition, and then what do you want to do for your action?  Debris Gambit gives you another very useful action you can take when you don't need to boost, and it's cheap.  The other option I've seen for non-boost actions is IG-88D crew so that you can double-calculate as your action and then focus with Han for a big stack of tokens.  I wouldn't take both IG-88D and Debris Gambit, but it's nice to have one or the other to maintain Boba's action efficiency.

Edited by kerbarian

Debris Gambit has become the "standard" option with Han load outs, in my option and according ListFortress, for what those are worth. 

It stays turned on pretty often, and the odds of it being the optimal action are fairly high.

I think its slightly worse on PerCo where you're often better off doing a standard double focus and not having to stress clear next round.

Nothing is fine as well. 

Fearless is ok but the proc rate (it being both usable and you actually needing to use it after mods) is a tad low considering the amount of times you're trying to get shots out the rear and the mods you already have rolling out the front at R1.

This is assuming you have Han, Fearless gets better without Han due to increased chance of no tokens.