Pewpewpew BOOM

TIE SF Discussion

11 minutes ago, Xeletor said:

What about proton rockets out the back? Firspray can potentially do hlc out the back. Is there an faq that states whether it's ok to do a bullseye out the back? Or a clear no in RAW?

The SF ability explicitly states the (front arc) icon on a missile upgrade must be treated as the ships mobile arc. Proton Rockets use the (bullseye arc) icon not the front arc and therefore don't qualify for the mobile arc shot with the ship ability.

Edited by BVRCH

28 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

The SF ability explicitly states the (front arc) icon on a missile upgrade must be treated as the ships mobile arc. Proton Rockets use the (bullseye arc) icon not the front arc and therefore don't qualify for the mobile arc shot with the ship ability.

And Krassis Trellix (the Firespray @Xeletor is referring to) specifies front arc special attacks. HLC is a bullseye arc cannon much like Proton Rockets are bullseye arc missiles...

Edited by Hiemfire

Most missles use the whole front arc icon as a requirement, except the protons which use the bullseye arc icon. The SF ship ability says to treat the full front arc icon as the turret icon instead, which is not on the proton rockets, just the bulls eye icon. So while every other missle can be fired backwards i dont think the protons can.

49 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Most missles use the whole front arc icon as a requirement, except the protons which use the bullseye arc icon. The SF ship ability says to treat the full front arc icon as the turret icon instead, which is not on the proton rockets, just the bulls eye icon. So while every other missle can be fired backwards i dont think the protons can.

Correct.

4 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

I’m really excited for the SF personally.

Hoping (cautiously), I can fit Kylo, Quickdraw, and Midnight in a list. :) 

Same. 

Midnight is probably 40-42, Quickdraw with the SF gunner can’t be more than 58pts given what the X-Wing is. She’s probably more expensive than Wedge but not by much. 

Kylo probably shouldn’t be but likely will be more expensive than Vader. 

I think you can fit them, the real question is what you will be able to put on them. 

I'm curious to see how may missiles slot it will have.

If there is only one, Considering that concussion m. and cluster m. have 3 and 4 charges and 3 attack dices each, you could finish charges in 2 turns and play all the rest of the game with only 2 attack dices....

I hope for two :)

Edited by Manolox

1 hour ago, Manolox said:

I've got a question....

If quikdraw has cluster missiles, coud he make 4 attacks in a turn on 2 ships? 

Not only can she only make 1 bonus attack a round, she also only gets a primary bonus attack so no she couldn’t fire cluster missiles twice twice. 

2 hours ago, Hiemfire said:
3 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I'm really interested in the starfortress. No ship ability, is its hull and firepower and such truly so formidable that no such thing is necessary?

Color me excited. What a complete monster.

The missing stat line is annoying...

Statline will probably be the same 9-3 with a 2 dice bow tie. It will be a monster and the argument of “let’s make Tragedy Simulator BSF only” is completely ridiculous. The card is stupid. It was stupid in 1.0 on Nym and BSF bombers and it’s pretty silly now on Punishers. 

Mot will be equally silly if not more so on a large base blocking turret ship. 

We are just going to have to learn to fly around launched bombs because they are here to stay. At least until a Hyperspace format outlaws them. 

5 hours ago, DodgingArcs said:

Not only can she only make 1 bonus attack a round, she also only gets a primary bonus attack so no she couldn’t fire cluster missiles twice twice. 

Statline will probably be the same 9-3 with a 2 dice bow tie. It will be a monster and the argument of “let’s make Tragedy Simulator BSF only” is completely ridiculous. The card is stupid. It was stupid in 1.0 on Nym and BSF bombers and it’s pretty silly now on Punishers. 

Mot will be equally silly if not more so on a large base blocking turret ship. 

We are just going to have to learn to fly around launched bombs because they are here to stay. At least until a Hyperspace format outlaws them. 

I'm dying

8 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I'm really interested in the starfortress. No ship ability, is its hull and firepower and such truly so formidable that no such thing is necessary?

Color me excited. What a complete monster.

I still wish it had a ship ability, something like Armed and Primed: At the end of the round you may recover 1 charge on a Bomb upgrade. When you defend if you have a charge on a Bomb Upgrade change 1 Hit result to a Critical Hit result. 

8 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

The missing stat line is annoying...

lCuH8ZA.jpg

And I think someone made mention on a facebook leak showing that it had a 3 forward attack and a 2 bowtie attack, and based of 1.0 a 1 evasion. Give it bombs and it effectively has a 360 arc. 

5 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

And I think someone made mention on a facebook leak showing that it had a 3 forward attack and a 2 bowtie attack, and based of 1.0 a 1 evasion. Give it bombs and it effectively has a 360 arc

3 forward, 2 bowtie and gunner slot... Why the **** was the gunner slot excluded from the Scurrg again?