TylerTT

If they put out clone wars before Ewoks I flipping quit.

(OP was a bit hyperbole)

as we learned in the aftermath books the number of free wookiee was incredibly slim and that the new republic in all their wisdom did not even prioritize the freedom of Kashyyyk so the effort to free it was not even an actual "rebel" mission.

if they put Ewok into IA I will forgive this grave oversight.

4 hours ago, ninclouse2000 said:

Every single Star Wars movie.

There is a gigantic galaxy outside of the single perspective (that of Luke, Leia, and Han) that the movies provide.

even within the movies, the fact that Han and Rey both speak Shyriiwook is a pretty big indication of the fact that there are at least a couple off camera. We might as well only assume there are 2 Sullustans in the Entire Rebellion/galaxy. Heck, why aren't people complaining about the Duros in the Rebel Trooper squad? We don't see a singel Duros in the Rebellion in "every single Star Wars movie!"

52 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

There is a gigantic galaxy outside of the single perspective (that of Luke, Leia, and Han) that the movies provide.

even within the movies, the fact that Han and Rey both speak Shyriiwook is a pretty big indication of the fact that there are at least a couple off camera. We might as well only assume there are 2 Sullustans in the Entire Rebellion/galaxy. Heck, why aren't people complaining about the Duros in the Rebel Trooper squad? We don't see a singel Duros in the Rebellion in "every single Star Wars movie!"

Also the Aftermath books that have Han, Chewbacca and a ragtag crew freeing Kashyyyk because Mon Mothma doesn't want to commit the Rebel Alliance/New Republic to doing so.

2 hours ago, DtLS said:

Also the Aftermath books that have Han, Chewbacca and a ragtag crew freeing Kashyyyk because Mon Mothma doesn't want to commit the Rebel Alliance/New Republic to doing so.

Ah, one of the best parts of otherwise dull story that is known as Aftermath trilogy. It does hamper the viability of Wookie forces in the Rebellion (as it is described, situation of wookies under the imperial rule is much more dire in cannon than in legends), though it would be in line with the species usual description to join with the alliance if any would be freed/escaped the slavery. So yeah, I guess I'm ok with wookie squads as a special forces.

Ewoks, I'd say, are reaaally far down the line.

54 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

Wookie special forces is fine. Canon dosen't matter since whoever buys the rights can change everything.

I so wanna see ewoks at some point. Even if it's just a unique cheap unit that sucks 

I’m with you. Ewoks have been one of my favourite things about Star Wars since I was a small boy (I loved the Ewoks cartoon and TV movies), and they still are. Heck, I just dressed my infant son up as an Ewok for Hallowe’en a few days ago!

I have a handful of WotC ewoks that I’ll be rebasing to proxy into Legion just to tide me over, but I’ll be very, very disappointed if FFG doesn’t put out their own within the next year.

10 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

I mean the ewoks only really participated in a single battle right?

As did the wookies in the Prequel Trilogy right? Theatrically speaking.

I am fine with Wookies in any Era but I figured they would be released with the Clone Wars era and alongside Master Yoda.

I do believe Ewoks should be included in the games. (I just want to paint up an army!) The battle of Endor is a pretty solid theme with miniatures released so far. (I know a simple coat of paint can change the theme and location) Look what FFG has done with Imperial Assault. They went thematically through the Original Trilogy right up to what should have a Battle of Endor expansion release and they went to Coruscant. The next release took us to Lothal. Endor may be a long way off for any FFG game.

Maybe FFG feels it means the end of Original Trilogy product or ideas to have Ewoks included since both games as of now are supposed to be based in the Galactic Civil War era. Maybe FFG has something so big planned for Ewoks they just don't think the gaming community is ready for it! :lol:

Maybe no one at FFG or Disney has watched Return of the Jedi yet and don't know what we are referring to. ;)

Edited by C3POFETT

23 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

Maybe no one at FFG or Disney has watched Return of the Jedi yet and don't know what we are referring to. ;)

I do ge the feeling somebody hasnt watched the films at Disney prior to TLJ....but thats another story ?

Maybe I don't have the full starwars history, but have there been stories of rebels flying to endor, picking up the primative stick and stone race of ewoks, throwing them on space ships, and dropping them off into the heart of imperial space to fight storm troopers?  I mean wookies world was destroyed and they were a bit more advance so makes sense they would be around in the galaxy.   Outfits aside, all the stuff released would make sense on a variety of planets and part of a rebellion or imperial force...  I just can't see a squad of ewoks being herded and then thrown onto other planets to assist the rebels.

Edited by Gridloc

It makes sense that the few Wookies who escaped Kashyyyk would throw their lot in with the various Rebel cells they encountered, as they would be sharing a common enemy.

In regards to Ewoks, they would need an Imperial counterpart in some fashion... maybe the Imperials could've hired Jawas. Seems like the enterprising little-guys would be persuaded to fight if they could keep the "loot" they find...

46 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

In regards to Ewoks, they would need an Imperial counterpart in some fashion... maybe the Imperials could've hired Jawas. Seems like the enterprising little-guys would be persuaded to fight if they could keep the "loot" they find...

I think being forced to have "counterparts" between armies will be detrimental to overall game design. As for including larger elements of aliens in that's pretty much a no-go. While individual aliens have been known to work with the empire the general ideology of the Galactic Empire was one of human superiority. Aliens were at best seen as second class citizens and in the worst case as a ready supply of slave labour.