Sign in to follow this  
CaptainJaguarShark

Resistance Chewie and FO Quickdraw

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/11/5/2019-system-open-prizes/

swz_prizewall_ffg.png

Chewbacca - After a friendly ship at range 0-3 is destroyed, you may perform an action. Then you may perform a bonus attack.

Quickdraw - After you lose a shield, you may spend a charge. If you do, you may perform a bonus primary attack (1 recurring charge).

Edited by CaptainIxidor

Haha! Quickdraw is back, baby! 

Also nice to see the sf’s full stats. 

Edit: also also nice to see the old alt art for Vet Intincts has been repurposed for something. It was one of my favorite alt arts.

Edited by SabineKey

Just now, william1134 said:

Mehhhh... Not blown away yet by the tie SF.  Xwing with all its tricks and hull will be superior in my eyes until we see the points. Also it looks like the tie SF now loses the front firepower 3 shot?

The gunner will give it the forward 3 or double tap.

1 minute ago, Marinealver said:

Wait TIE SF gets a free turret spin at any actions? I can see a bumpmaster meta developing.

Only 6 hp thankfully. Still it does have a nasty bite. I wish they'd release the slots and costs already...

2 hours ago, GreenLantern1138 said:

Looks like the SF can shoot missiles backwards?

Thats what I was thinking. Not certain but I think the arc requirement on the missile upgrade would limit it to front only.

Edited by Oprah Smash

As I understand it, the SF ship ability in combination with the gunner will allow the ship to fire as it did in 1st edition, except each round they are choosing which of the two halves of the power to ready: either 1) forward arc w/ 3 attack dice (if the mobile arc is pointed forward), or 2) attack from the forward arc w/ 2 attack dice, followed by a bonus attack from the rear arc (if the mobile arc is pointed rear). Also if it is pointed to the rear, but there is no forward shot, the ship just gets a single rear arc attack w/ 2 dice.

35 minutes ago, Oprah Smash said:

Thats what I was thinking. Not certain but I think the arc requirement on the missile upgrade would limit it to front only.

Reread the ship ability... It changes forward arc missiles to turret arc missiles. The ship ability takes precedence...

A couple of quick PSAs on the TIE/SF ship ability:

1) Because you MUST treat your missiles as having a [turret] requirement, you can't fire your missiles forwards while the turret's pointed backwards. You've got no excuse for allowing this to happen, mind, given the lack of any red on that action bar, but bear it in mind.

2) Because the ship ability only works on missiles with a [front arc] requirement, there will be no firing of [bullseye arc] weapons (ie. PRockets) from your rear arc.

7 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

At worst they could always equip a Vet Turr Gunner and do a 3/3 double tap at range 1... The TIE/SF looks like it is going to be mean to fight.

They can’t equip the Veteran Turret Gunner. They don’t have Rotate Arc as a native action, only a linked action. Linked actions don’t fulfill action based requirements for upgrade cards. 

Its pretty much SF gunner or bust I would say, but it will be interesting if they price the chassis so it is relevant without the gunner. 

I’m also hopeful for some named SF gunners that cost more but do more, a bit like Artoo and BB-8. 

7 minutes ago, DodgingArcs said:

They can’t equip the Veteran Turret Gunner. They don’t have Rotate Arc as a native action, only a linked action. Linked actions don’t fulfill action based requirements for upgrade cards. 

Good point. I'd forgotten that requirement. That is one less worry. Now if they would only put a **** gunner slot on the Scurrg...

With five dials in the conversion kit, speculation is that without the SFGunner, these will come in a bit more than Y-Wing or TIE Aggressor prices, 32-34 points or such.  With a gunner, maybe around an X-Wing or TIE Phantom, 42-44 points maybe.

Something which fascinates me right now is the concept of missile based SF.  Fly past an opponent, then Lock and swing the arc back.  Low-Init Missiles have often been fraught.  They can't really get a Lock on the first round of combat, but can't really use the locks they get in the second round of combat to fire missiles.  These guys seem like they'll be a lot better at using locks in the second round.  At very least, they'll have potential to play differently than other ships in the game, and being different is interesting and good, whether or not it wins.

In general, I really like the way they handled the front/rear arcs on these.  It's a lot like 1e, where you can either 3-red forward, or 2/2 front and back, but you have to make a choice.  It's a free choice with any action, but you still have to commit to one direction, much like how mobile arcs have to commit.  This is even easier, since the rotate is white-linked.  Exactly what a lot of us wanted from 2e: for decisions to matter in X-Wing as much as list selection.

59 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

With five dials in the conversion kit, speculation is that without the SFGunner, these will come in a bit more than Y-Wing or TIE Aggressor prices, 32-34 points or such.  With a gunner, maybe around an X-Wing or TIE Phantom, 42-44 points maybe

2 front arc, 2 Rz-2 style turret arc, 3 hull, 3 shield, 2 agility, gunner slot (though a very limited one, Hot shot also fits as an option in addition to the SF gunner), missiles (which are hard locked to the turret arc), possibly mod though not 100%, Tech very likely. Can make sure it has max coverage front or rear after every action (the linked rotate, can't take VTurG because it only exists as linked but is still potent). Missing the dial for a more concise guestimate honestly, but I'm not seeing these being less than 38 (42 tops) bare for the spoiled I2. I think this is allot closer to the Kihraxz and X-Wing than the TIE Aggressor or Y-Wing in role despite the flippy guns. Especially if they don't change its dial from 1.0.