Sign in to follow this  
Shosur0

Unicorn Warhorse Missing?

Making some characters I noticed all Moto, Iuchi, Ide and Shinjo samurai start with a unicorn warhorse mount (it says pg 326), but it appears to be missing. There's the Rokugani Pony and the Utaku Warsteed on the next page. I imagine it would be something in between (in stats and quality).

Theres nothing in the errata either.

Edited by Shosur0

6 minutes ago, JBento said:

It's a sidebar on the page opposite the Rokugani Pony

Thank you! I was stubbornly looking for it on page 326, where you are referred to by the character creation chapter.

Just now, Shosur0 said:

Thank you! I was stubbornly looking for it on page 326, where you are referred to by the character creation chapter.

You're very welcome. Also, something something book was crappily copy edited, if at all something something.

20 minutes ago, JBento said:

You're very welcome. Also, something something book was crappily copy edited, if at all something something.

They made multiple errors for the page numbers in their tiny errata pdf.

Give them a break on a 336pages core book! :D

1 minute ago, Avatar111 said:

They made multiple errors for the page numbers in their tiny errata pdf.

Give them a break on a 336pages core book! :D

No. I'm paying 50 bucks for a book made by the biggest ****** gaming company there is (Asmodee), who certainly has the money to hire copy editors, so I'd like a decently reviewed product, thanks. They get passes on, say, the first Opp expenditure of CSS, or the Rising Cut oopsie, or both Iaijustu cuts and the throwing-weapon-kata-whatever-its-name-is giving a "divide by 0, please reboot universe" error if played as written, not on stuff like the curriculum tables, which have a clear error literally 2 lines apart.

Asmodee owns like 3/4 of the non-electronic gaming industry. Either we start asking for quality products now or we're SOL in 5 years.

6 hours ago, JBento said:

No. I'm paying 50 bucks for a book made by the biggest ****** gaming company there is (Asmodee), who certainly has the money to hire copy editors, so I'd like a decently reviewed product, thanks. They get passes on, say, the first Opp expenditure of CSS, or the Rising Cut oopsie, or both Iaijustu cuts and the throwing-weapon-kata-whatever-its-name-is giving a "divide by 0, please reboot universe" error if played as written, not on stuff like the curriculum tables, which have a clear error literally 2 lines apart.

Asmodee owns like 3/4 of the non-electronic gaming industry. Either we start asking for quality products now or we're SOL in 5 years.

I doubt the company structure allows FFG to use any and all of Asmodée's resources, but that is not really an excuse. The editing is shoddy, period. I would say the same if this was one of the RPGs from tiny startups I backed on Kickstarter, but they generally seem to do a better job.

On 11/4/2018 at 7:06 AM, JBento said:

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about publishing. 

51 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about publishing. 

Editing is hard. But that's no excuse for a large company with tons of experience and a virtual guarantee of making a profit on the product that needs editing. It's not good enough.

i have a feeling l5r rpg is like extremely niche. remember, one book sold is what, 2-3 hours of an employee's time ?

doing a second beta would cost in the ten thousand dollars just in "time". everything is money, and l5r is not star wars!