Sixfreed

Beyond the Rim (custom campaign)

4 hours ago, Shwarrz said:

I've introduced your idea to my group of IA-friends, and i think we will start testing your campaign next month.

This is great news, I'm looking forward to see how it went for you! :) Will update the first maps with helpful tools soon.

I have first question - i see maps, but i can't find what tiles are used to create it. Is it placed somewhere in docs?

I would for sure manage to find out their numbers  and sets, but it would take some time.

3 minutes ago, Shwarrz said:

I have first question - i see maps, but i can't find what tiles are used to create it. Is it placed somewhere in docs?

I would for sure manage to find out their numbers  and sets, but it would take some time.

Hi! Yes, the updated mission rules will include the numbering. I think it'll be ready today, but in a few days at worst. Luckily I named the map layers in the editor, so it's going to be easy. :) 

Great!

Ok, 4 questions after reading "Introduction":
- Heroes start with any XP points? You wrote "Introduction (threat level: 2) (XP cap: 2)"  - or am I getting it wrong and XP cap is refering to the max amount of XP to be gained after mission?

- Neutral Mission Tohens are placed randomly? Can Imperial Player know which one is which?

- What about second Royal Guard figure? Only one gets chance to kick some Rebel assess?

- How it is decided which mission is played after "Introduction"? Green if rebels win and Red if they loose?

3 minutes ago, Shwarrz said:

Great!

Ok, 4 questions after reading "Introduction":
- Heroes start with any XP points? You wrote "Introduction (threat level: 2) (XP cap: 2)"  - or am I getting it wrong and XP cap is refering to the max amount of XP to be gained after mission?

- Neutral Mission Tohens are placed randomly? Can Imperial Player know which one is which?

- What about second Royal Guard figure? Only one gets chance to kick some Rebel assess?

- How it is decided which mission is played after "Introduction"? Green if rebels win and Red if they loose?

Hi! Quick answers:

1) Your second idea is right: XP cap means max amount of XP the players can earn after the mission. (This is due to avoid quick snowballing after the missions with the intel-system.)

2) Yes, they are placed randomly. As for the IP it doesn't really matter if he knows or not, I would say it's more fun if he doesn't know.

3) No second Royal Guard, one elite RG is enough for an intro mission, I suppose. :) (Although the IP can spend threat to deploy the second one if he's got enough threat for it.)

4) Mission numbers 2D and 2V (as all the other story missions with D and V letters after the number) refer to what happened in the previous story mission. 2D is played if the players were defeated, and 2V is played if the players were victorious. There is a special case, 5DD is played if both the introduction and the second story mission were a defeat for the rebel players.

Make sure to check which influence and class decks are banned for the Imperial Player (you can find it in the campaign overview) and which rebel heroes cannot be chosen. :) Happy New Year!

UPDATE:

The first 6 missions got a little revamp. All the missions are now in separate folders. There are two pdf files that should be downloaded. The first one is the mission briefing, the second one is the printables. This is unnecessary, but helps a lot playing the missions.

All missions now have mission rule reference cards (custom skirmish mission cards), deployment cards for the custom characters and hidden objective cards for the rebel players. (2 is drawn before each mission.)

I would appreciate some help in finding the template for the FFG campaign book. I saw that the custom campaigns are designed the same way. Anyone know how to do it? I guess it would be a little better than the ugly pdf-s.

5D and 5DD are still under development. I need to take a short break for job starts tomorrow, but will finish them soon.

If anyone wouldn't like to jump into a full campaign yet, intermissions can practically be played without playing the campaign itself. (But they're spoilery.) The second intermission has some reference to the previous ones, but you can ignore or randomize them.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, Sixfreed said:

I would appreciate some help in finding the template for the FFG campaign book. I saw that the custom campaigns are designed the same way. Anyone know how to do it? I guess it would be a little better than the ugly pdf-s.

Maybe try to contact Darth Jawa from Boardgamegeek?
https://boardgamegeek.com/user/Darth Jawa

UPDATE:

The two missing missions (Unorthodox Trading Methods and Canto Bight Heist) are up and running on the drive. The first half of the campaign is now complete, so anyone can try it and have a natural break before the Midtime Mission. :)