Sign in to follow this  
BrotherFett

Clone War Pilot Abilities

Let's get creative. Pick a character from the Clone War Era and create an unique pilot ability for that character. Try using their personality traits as the basis. Here's mine:

Hondo, crew: Once per round, when you are declared the target of an attack by an enemy, role one defense dice. On an evade result, the attacker must choose another target if able. 

I think this ability, or something like it, fits Hondo well as he is always able to talk his way out of a problem. What ideas do you guys have? 

Grievous Pilot Ability:

After an enemy ship rolls dice while attacking you, remove one of those dice (to a minimum of 2 dice).  

Relates to him knowing his enemies and being able to escape situations. 

11 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

Grievous Pilot Ability:

After an enemy ship rolls dice while attacking you, remove one of those dice (to a minimum of 2 dice).  

Before or after the attacker modifies?

22 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

Grievous Pilot Ability:

If before: "When you defend, after the attacker rolls but before the dice are modified, if there are 3 or more results, you may remove one result."

If after: "When you defend, after the attacker has modified their dice, if there are 3 or more results, you may remove one result."

1st one is a more potent version of the attacker rolling 1 less die, 2nd one is effectively a free evade token without a token being used.

Po Kloon: When attacking or defending, you may reroll 1 die for every friendly ship rat a range 0-1

5's (crew). 1 charge, non recurring. At the start of the activation phase, you may spend 1 charge to reveal all of your opponent's dials.

Nute Gunray (crew). When defending, if you the attacker is at range 1 of only one of its friendly ships, you may turn one die result to an evade.

7 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Nute Gunray (crew). When defending, if you the attacker is at range 1 of only one of its friendly ships, you may turn one die result to an evade.

? I think your phone got you with that one. Nute mods one of the green dice for the ship he's on to an Evade if the attacker has exactly one of its friendlies at range 1?

5 hours ago, BrotherFett said:

Let's get creative. Pick a character from the Clone War Era and create an unique pilot ability for that character. Try using their personality traits as the basis. Here's mine:

Hondo, crew: Once per round, when you are declared the target of an attack by an enemy, role one defense dice. On an evade result, the attacker must choose another target if able. 

I think this ability, or something like it, fits Hondo well as he is always able to talk his way out of a problem. What ideas do you guys have? 

If a focus or blank result is rolled, declare that you have been betrayed by your own dice, and that you are very proud! Roll one extra evade dice.

7 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Saw this one elsewhere:

Representative Binks (crew, 3 charges, no regen)
Setup: spend 3 charges

After overlapping an enemy ship or obstacle, recover 1 charge

When attacking or defending, you  may spend 3 charges to turn 2 dice into Crits or Evades.

Ugh I’d take this on Hera with Zeb...

Yoda 

Future sight - before placing forces, roll a damage die. On a hit or crit, his opponent must play with his dials face up at all times. On a focus or blank, Yoda sees the Clone Wars turning into the Galactic Civil War and goes into exile for the game. Remove Yoda from play.

43 minutes ago, XPav said:

The Clone ability is that there are no unique pilots!

Uh... What?

A Clone (generic?) with the ability to duplicate the ability of another clone would be interesting? But I’m not sure what you’re suggesting, and ultimately, the Clones are unique beings by and large.

11 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Bull... Using that logic they would all have Captain Rex's ability...

Oh, I really like that, actaully!  Even better.  They all have that ability and are all PS3 (would make flying in formation really easy) with no generics.  Would represent them all having the same training and innate talents, using that to stay in formations and to protect one another with suppressive fire.  Would just have to say that Suppressed condition cannot stack, so once suppressed a ship cannot be given a second Suppressed condition, of course.

This is brilliant!

2 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Oh, I really like that, actaully!  Even better.  They all have that ability and are all PS3 (would make flying in formation really easy) with no generics.  Would represent them all having the same training and innate talents, using that to stay in formations and to protect one another with suppressive fire.  Would just have to say that Suppressed condition cannot stack, so once suppressed a ship cannot be given a second Suppressed condition, of course.

This is brilliant!

Grr... I don't like the idea really, but having Suppressive Fire conditions overlap instead of stack would achieve the effect I think you're after. Only reduces the attack die by 1 but can have it apply across the Clone squad (so -1 red no matter who you shoot) if you focus fire on a tough enough target. What platform?