bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Demon4x4 said:

Dawn of Rebellion has four universal specs. Rise of the Separatists appears to be different, in that it will have non-universal careers/specializations. 

I think it was 6 not four.

Imperial cadet

Force Adherant 

Padawan Survivor 

Pirate (not sure I got this name right)

Retired clone trooper 

Ship captain 

Edited by EliasWindrider

Posted (edited)

that said I think 6 specializations per era book is the new pattern.  

I'm expecting Jedi Padawan, Knight, and Master in addition to the 3 clone ones they listed.

I'm guessing Jedi Padawan will have secrets of the jedi & improved like padawan survivor did.   Knight or padawan should have improved reflect, both should have a dedication, force rating, and a few ranks of parry and reflect.   The jedi career will have lightsaber as a skill.  That way a character taking jedi padawan and knight would be a decent movie quality jedi, currently the only way to get that in 2 specs is Niman-disciple/sentry in either order.  I suppose you could go with (soresu defender OR shien expert) AND a spec with 2 force ratings but then you're missing out on a dedication which I kind of view as essential.  BTW I expect the jedi master spec will have 2 force ratings and no dedication so a character who took jedi padawan, knight, master would have FR 5.

a future book might put out another 3 jedi career specializations (one of the other 3 might be jedi watchman)

I can't give a better than 50/50 guess about whether this or the future book (maybe KotOR or an "end of the clone wars" book) will have the jedi career signature abilities or maybe one each?

I'm also wondering if there's a "respawn" rules for clones, because there are millions of genetically identical stand ins.

Edited by EliasWindrider

2 minutes ago, Kilcannon said:

Any idea on this book finally getting to us?

So far, nobody knows for sure. I think someone saw Amazon listing it as being released the 31st, but who knows how trustworthy that is

1 hour ago, 2P51 said:

It's on the boat and they're taking pre-orders, so the not terribly distant future. 

I mean, we've been saying that since like... August.

Posted (edited)

FFG is all out of whack with the “on the boat” status. I got the Fallout Board game expansion New California three weeks before Christmas through Amazon while it was labeled as “on the boat-pre order now” on this site (which “on the boat” is its status as of this post).

Take from that what you will.

Edited by Flavorabledeez

For those concerned have any of you emailed them and asked? I've sent emails and gotten answers on stuff, I bet they've give a general idea of what's involved and maybe what they know about this book.

FWIW, my FLGS just said that the supplier used to have a Q1 date listed for its release, but it apparently doesn't even say that anymore. 

3 hours ago, bblaney001 said:

Man, if I was this slow getting product out my bosses would kill me.

The anticipation is killing me. I'll preorder the day it is off the boat

Keep in mind that waiting til it goes to "Shipping Now" status would be what FFG terms a "Late Pre-Order." And, from their Pre-Order FAQ:

Q. How is a Late Pre-order different from a Pre-order?

A. Pre-orders placed near the end of the pre-order period are known as Late Pre-orders. Late Pre-orders will be shipped on the product's release date, so there is no guarantee that we will have stock at that time. If the product is out of stock on the release date, the pre-order will be held until the product is back in stock, at which point it will be shipped. You will still have the option of cancelling your Late Pre-order at any time.

And, if you wait to pre-order from a local store until it's in "Shipping Now," remember that shipping is to the distributors, who've already gotten their orders from the local stores...your store's may already be allocated.

(Granted...I don't pre-order either way, and I've been lucky...so far. Might check into it with my FLGS this weekend.)

On 1/3/2019 at 9:32 AM, 2P51 said:

For those concerned have any of you emailed them and asked? I've sent emails and gotten answers on stuff, I bet they've give a general idea of what's involved and maybe what they know about this book.

Generally they've had vague, unhelpful answers.  They're generally helpful, but it just shows they don't really know either. 

1 hour ago, Kilcannon said:

Amazon listing now changed it to april lol.  This is how systems end up losing interest from my players

Well, there's one "gloom and doom!" yokel over in the AoR that's predicting FFG is going to completely kill the line (no support, no reprints, no anything) once Rise of the Separatists is released, and would probably cite the "constant delays" in getting this book to shelves as FFG trying to string along the customer base.

I agree it stinks that the book's still not out (I'm cautiously optimistic for end of January), but by the same token I'd still remain skeptical of Amazon.  With the exception of WotC and Paizo, their release dates for RPG products seems more like it's determined by throwing darts at a calendar than any sort of reliable data sources.

4 hours ago, WolfRider said:

Yes and the rowers have been on strike for monthes.

They forgot the rowers and just pushed off with one dude, all the copies of the book, and a ZERO bar in the glove compartment.

Oh well, at least the list got updated. Patience, my brothers!

59 minutes ago, KineticOcelot said:

Hey, even Fantasy Flight gets boarded sometimes. Do you think they really had a choice?

Look, I’m only doing this because they make the best RPG sourcebooks and I need them. So for an extra, say, 20% discount, I’m willing to wait a little longer.