bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

12 hours ago, evo454 said:

So it turns out the Chancellor was behind it the whole time. Who knew!

Otherwise, what exactly do you want to know?

12 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Since a handful of people at Celebration were able to get it a month ago, there’s a thread over in the Age of Rebellion forum with spoiler info.

10 hours ago, Eoen said:

There's also  the Wookieepedia entry https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rise_of_the_Separatists which has already indexed the book. 

Already found said thread, I need to explore the forums more before I post next time! Plus hopefully mine is arriving today, but that seems a little too good to be true.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:27 AM, Rimsen said:

Everyone seems to forget that it's even stated by the book that having a career as a PC is not actually it's choice of lifestyle, just a thematic collection of skills. A bounty hunter is not necessery a bounty hunter as a job

Please please please tell me where it says that.  That is the crux of my debate with my GM and I would love to point it out in the books.

There are no 4 versions of the consular cruiser, 2 of them occur in rise of the separatists, the first one (from the AoR core book) is probably the most advantageous.  It's better than the c70 retrofit.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

There are no 4 versions of the consular cruiser, 2 of them occur in rise of the separatists, the first one (from the AoR core book) is probably the most advantageous.  It's better than the c70 retrofit.  

The new version of the Munificant Frigate is better, with all the droids. At last we have the Nu-Class shuttle, but no Pelta class frigate still. I thought the AOR models were the C70 retrofit models with slightly different weapons.

Edited by Eoen

Finally got this book today.  And, as usual, FFG makes its supplements look AMAZING.

That said, I did have a few issues:

(1)  Why the Scavenger career?  Were folks really clamoring for this one?  And what does it have to do with the Clone Wars?  I cannot recall any scavenger-type playing any kind of serious role (or any kind of role really) in the prequels or CW animated series.

(2)  The first interior illustration shows a fleet of Acclamator ships lifting off.  Yet no Acclamator stats in this book?!?

(3)  The second illustration (and a few others in this volume) show Torrent fighters.  Yet no Torrent stats in this book?!?

(4)  We receive stats for the Z-95 Headhunter that, according to the CW animated series, entered production around the same time as the ARC-170 - a few years into the war.  Yet no ARC-170 stats (which I assume will be placed in the subsequent volume CotR?) and no stats for, again, the Acclamator and Torrent that were participating in the Clone Wars right out of the gate.  I just don't get this one...  *shaking head*

(5)  No STAP stats?

(6)  No stats for the clone template, Jango Fett?

Sigh.  I realize I must seem like a Debbie Downer, but this was all very frustrating.  Hopefully, CotR takes care of point #s 2-6.

Anyway, my two cents.

9 hours ago, Ahrimon said:

That is the crux of my debate with my GM and I would love to point it out in the books.

I had the opposite problem:  trying to get it through to my players that they didn't need to feel beholden to the name of a career.  Eventually they got it and now we have...

- A 'Bounty Hunter' who used to be a bodyguard. 

- A 'Smuggler' who used to be a bounty hunter. 

- An 'Explorer' who was a war correspondent. 

- A 'Colonist' who was a government agent turned prizefighter. 

- A 'Warrior' who's never fought in a war (unless gang wars count). 

- An 'Ace' who's never shot down a single fighter; much less five of them. 

The only one who's actually what it says on the tin is the Soldier, who is in fact an ex-stormtrooper.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Harlock999 said:

(1)  Why the Scavenger career?  Were folks really clamoring for this one?  And what does it have to do with the Clone Wars?  I cannot recall any scavenger-type playing any kind of serious role (or any kind of role really) in the prequels or CW animated series.

*Cough, Anakin, Cough. 

Edited by Eoen

@Harlock999 I’m with you about feeling like stats have been left out especially since the main corebooks purposely target the civil war era only. My big question I hope someone can answer is why do they leave out Clone Commando and the various clone variations? All we get is officer, pilot and trooper. Shouldn’t ARC be it’s own spec, same with Commando and possibly Coruscant guard. I love that FFG is finally focusing on the other half of the saga and this book is amazing even with the omissions.

Posted (edited)

@WFPII Arc trooper is supposed to be in the next book, Collapse of the Republic. Hope fully it will have the Commando spec as well. I also hope there are many more NPC stat blocs to fill out the droid Army.

Edited by Eoen

32 minutes ago, WFPII said:

@Harlock999 I’m with you about feeling like stats have been left out especially since the main corebooks purposely target the civil war era only. My big question I hope someone can answer is why do they leave out Clone Commando and the various clone variations? All we get is officer, pilot and trooper. Shouldn’t ARC be it’s own spec, same with Commando and possibly Coruscant guard. I love that FFG is finally focusing on the other half of the saga and this book is amazing even with the omissions.

28 minutes ago, Eoen said:

@WFPII Arc trooper is supposed to be in the next book, Collapse of the Republic. Hope fully it will have the Commando spec as well. I also hope there are many more NPC stat blocs to fill out the droid Army.

@Eoen is correct there. There is good reason for this too since those types of specialized troops didn’t exist during the first few months, if not year, of the war, which is what this book is supposed to cover. They don’t come into play until at least the second year of the war. 

30 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

@Eoen is correct there. There is good reason for this too since those types of specialized troops didn’t exist during the first few months, if not year, of the war, which is what this book is supposed to cover. They don’t come into play until at least the second year of the war. 

@Eoen and @Tramp GraphicsThat makes a lot of sense. I reread Collapse of the Republic teaser and it said we are getting Arc Trooper, Clone Commander and Clone Vetern. It is weird to me that they gave us a reprint of Phase 1 ARC Armor from KoT but no reprint of MKI Katarn Commando Armor. Here is hoping for more of that in CotR. 

1 hour ago, Eoen said:

*Cough, Anakin, Cough. 

Guess we watched different films then.  The movies I watched featured a child slave/mechanic become a Jedi Padawan.

Now, there was this one movie about a girl who was amazing at EVERYTHING.  And I believe she was some kind of scavenger/superpilot/martial arts master/psionic-powered magician/blue bread baker...  But, again, I don’t think that flick had anything to do with Star Wars and, especially, the Clone Wars.

😎

13 minutes ago, Harlock999 said:

Guess we watched different films then.  The movies I watched featured a child slave/mechanic become a Jedi Padawan.

Now, there was this one movie about a girl who was amazing at EVERYTHING.  And I believe she was some kind of scavenger/superpilot/martial arts master/psionic-powered magician/blue bread baker...  But, again, I don’t think that flick had anything to do with Star Wars and, especially, the Clone Wars.

😎

And Anakin would sort and repair junk in the junk shop. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Harlock999 said:

😎

He's a Racer (child slave) / Scavenger (child slave) / McGuffin (chosen one). ;) (Where as Rey is a female Vader clone a la "the boys from Brazil" forced into a similar life by the Mystery Box ie J.J. Abrams or something like that).

Edited by Eoen

Very annoyed with my LGS today. I pre-ordered RotS, and got the call that it was in. But when I went in to pick it up after work today, they couldn't find it, and told me to "come back Tuesday, when the boss is in. He'll know where it's at." And of course, I run all my games on Monday. One more week of me having to stall until I get the book, I guess...

On 5/10/2019 at 8:33 AM, AceDogbert said:

Ah, but the Incredible Cross Sections book specifies it carries 192 V-Wings, 192 Eta-2s AND 36 Arc-170s!

....as I said, it carries Enough Starfighters.

192+36=228

Looks like we know where that number came from. 

The Venator's starfighter compliment figures have always seemed outrageous to me. And sometime silly. Like what are that going to do with that many Eta-2s? It's a fighter built specifically for Jedi pilots.

I think from this we could reasonably assume it carries a combination of 192 "light" starfighters, and 36 "heavy" starfighters/bombers. At least I think that's what I'll do.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Tesoe said:

192+36=228

Looks like we know where that number came from. 

The Venator's starfighter compliment figures have always seemed outrageous to me. And sometime silly. Like what are that going to do with that many Eta-2s? It's a fighter built specifically for Jedi pilots.

I think from this we could reasonably assume it carries a combination of 192 "light" starfighters, and 36 "heavy" starfighters/bombers. At least I think that's what I'll do.

That would be the reasonable thing to do.

However, as this is a Star Wars product, someone must object to it, and make a video of AT LEAST 20 minutes in duration, 'explaining' how you are wrong, and that this is all Disney's/Rian Johnson's/SJW's/Lucas's fault (delete as appropriate).

Edited by AceDogbert

18 hours ago, Ahrimon said:

Please please please tell me where it says that.  That is the crux of my debate with my GM and I would love to point it out in the books.

E CRB p53. 

Although you use it (or anything) against your GM on your own responsibility. 

8 hours ago, Daeglan said:

No. He was a scavenger. 

In what way does a slave tied to a junk shop - repairing said junk - have the time and resources and freedom to go about scavenging?

I mean, we see that he's even used the junk to build - not scavenge - his own pod racer.

I'm afraid lil' Anakin was simply a slave and mechanic.