Jump to content
bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Randy G said:

Let's see..... should I just write the check now for a preorder?

Right? 😁

Hopefully FFGs use of the license continues to please their overlords within the House of Mouse long enough for us to see that day to come.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Right? 😁

Hopefully FFGs use of the license continues to please their overlords within the House of Mouse long enough for us to see that day to come.

I don't think it'll be much of an issue. FFG is doing great on the miniatures front, so I highly doubt they'd pull the roleplaying license. 

Though, out of curiosity, who else would make a good Star Wars roleplaying game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, evo454 said:

I don't think it'll be much of an issue. FFG is doing great on the miniatures front, so I highly doubt they'd pull the roleplaying license. 

Though, out of curiosity, who else would make a good Star Wars roleplaying game? 

Honestly, I don’t want anyone else to get the license. FFG has put out the best Star Wars RPG yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Randy G said:

Maybe it's been answered already, but now that we have new careers coming... does that mean there are new splatbooks in the works? To finish out the 6 specs and signature abilities like the 6 base careers per core rulebook got?

I get the feeling that Rise of the Separatists and Collapse of the Republic are going to be the books covering the Jedi career and the Clone career.

At least until such time as FFG opts to do a KOTOR/SWTOR era book, in which they might expand on the Jedi career some more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ebak said:

Going to throw my 10 creds into the pot here.

To me it is disappointing the Jedi career doesn't provide a way to change your lightsaber style. I think this design choice was to increase the inherent difficulty of playing a force user in that time and to encourage people to spend their XP on ranks of Lightsaber to compensate for not having their main characteristic being used for Lightsaber.

I am just speculating here mind you, but I see this a lot in my game. A jedi character almost never purchases ranks into saber at first. As soon as they can they start making their way to whatever talent changes their saber skill.

You can do it with a universal spec. That's as good as an in-career spec. I don't see what there is to complain about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, evo454 said:

I don't think it'll be much of an issue. FFG is doing great on the miniatures front, so I highly doubt they'd pull the roleplaying license. 

Though, out of curiosity, who else would make a good Star Wars roleplaying game? 

 

1 hour ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Honestly, I don’t want anyone else to get the license. FFG has put out the best Star Wars RPG yet.

If, it ever came down to it, the only other RPG company I’d like for the license should FFG ever lose it or give it up (which is unlikely), would be R Talsorian Games, the makers of the Cyberpunk RPG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

 

If, it ever came down to it, the only other RPG company I’d like for the license should FFG ever lose it or give it up (which is unlikely), would be R Talsorian Games, the makers of the Cyberpunk RPG. 

Now I know that the Emperor will rise again...I actually agree with Tramp  😶🤨😜

I think R.Tal would do a good job. Not that I'm jockeying for it, but IF it happened...

Edited by Jareth Valar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 2:14 AM, penpenpen said:

You can do it with a universal spec. That's as good as an in-career spec. I don't see what there is to complain about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm merely playing devils advocate. Little big of disappointment...little bit...but I am okay either way about the whole thing. :)

Edited by Ebak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

Is it sad I only want it for the lightsaber crystal stats? 

I pretty much just want the clone stats if I had to pick one thing and one thing only out of the book. Troupe rules are a very close second. Overall, I am pretty excited for the book as a whole, personally. I'm glad someone official has finally said something concrete we can hold onto.

I am sad I wont get to make Boat Memes anymore though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

We still have 14 days to make boat memes.

Nah, the status has updated to "shipping now"

 

Which means it's on a truck now

 

So we should make truck memes

 

(Though we can also start making boat memes about Collapse of the Republic)

Edited by TheJack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...