bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

On 11/25/2018 at 4:00 PM, Luahk said:

Not for a minute though. It'd make sense for a christmas release.

Well Emerald Empire which went to the printer on the same date and never went on the boat is shipping now...Sooo it might be possible...

46 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Well Emerald Empire which went to the printer on the same date and never went on the boat is shipping now...Sooo it might be possible...

Depends if it’s printed in North America versus Asia.

8 hours ago, Daeglan said:

It is unlikely that they use 2 different printers for books.

They have in the past.  Genesys was printed in North America.

Edited by Eoen

3 hours ago, Daeglan said:

I believe they’re using domestic printers for Genesys and L5R, but overseas for SWRPG. (Someone once said that the contracts with LFL/Disney require use of pre-approved printers, but no idea if that’s accurate or if they may just be riding out a contract with the current printer after the problems with books being unreleasable on their initial print last year.)

22 hours ago, TheJack said:

I'm pretty sure the boat it's being shipped on is a sailship... Or the captain had to dump the cargo to avoid trouble with the law

That and the boat is sailing all the way from China to Minnesota by the Cape Horn and the Mississippi to take so much time.☹️

22 hours ago, the mercenary said:

It might be different for cargo ships, but from what I was told when I did a WESTPAC deployment, if we had gone straight from San Diego to Hong Kong it would be viewed as an act of war. At the very least, it would be considered an aggressive action. 

On the seas the straight way is almost never the fastest or the shortest way. And often there is some lands that forces you to change your course. I think it's both for going to Hong Kong from San Diego. The fact that it's an US Navy ship with Chinese being usually wary to see one near their home waters, might complicate things too.

Well, unless the book's status changes to "Shipping Now" at some point today, then we're probably not seeing this book until after Christmas at best, or into January at worst.

That we've gotten a series of articles back-to-back is a promising sign that the book's coming sooner rather than later, but I'm suspecting the last week of December for those of us living in the US.

On 12/14/2018 at 6:00 AM, Yaccarus said:

So Hong Kong to San Diego is a little over 7000 miles, and it’s been on the boat for at least 100 days. That’s less than 70 miles per day, or 3 miles per hour.

3 miles per hour. I can walk at that speed.

Suez Canal, Straight of Gibralta, other Ports, are all choke points you have to pass, and un/loading a 21.000 TEU Container ship isn´t that fast either.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:00 PM, Yaccarus said:

So Hong Kong to San Diego is a little over 7000 miles, and it’s been on the boat for at least 100 days. That’s less than 70 miles per day, or 3 miles per hour.

While I agree that the time seems ridiculous, don't forget that the boat they loaded it on probably makes multiple stops, each eating a few days as they unload and load containers.  Plus a couple weeks in customs.  Possibly on both ends.  Assuming no weather delays, work stoppages, labor shortages, etc.

1 hour ago, salamar_dree said:

One seller on Amazon has it listed as, "In stock January 31st."

I don't know how accurate that is, or if it's just that seller's wishful thinking.

I mean, there's no way in **** it'll arrive before christmas, unless it just completely skips the "shipping" stage.... 31st sounds like a fairly reasonable guess to me

After all, it can't *possibly* be that much longer now... Right?

On 12/13/2018 at 10:00 PM, Yaccarus said:

3 miles per hour. I can walk at that speed.

Most delay time is spent sitting at anchor in harbors waiting for pier space to unload. Then even when stuff is unloaded it sits dockside many times waiting to get loaded onto rail and road options, with rail in particular being a huge backlog.

When I  ordered my Toyota years ago they gave me a link to track it as it came from Japan. It was neat following it across the ocean and then it hit LA....there it sat port of LA for over 3 weeks waiting to unload and for its spot on rail. That was a $30,000 SUV. I'm gonna assume nerd gaming books are lower on the totem pole....

On 12/18/2018 at 2:31 PM, 2P51 said:

When I  ordered my Toyota years ago they gave me a link to track it as it came from Japan. It was neat following it across the ocean and then it hit LA....there it sat port of LA for over 3 weeks waiting to unload and for its spot on rail. That was a $30,000 SUV. I'm gonna assume nerd gaming books are lower on the totem pole....

I say we all take a road trip to a port at San Deigo, board the ship via rowboat, buy and unload one crate of books on our own, and resell said books in time for Christmas with a markup.