Jump to content
bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

To accomplish this you need one of the universal force specs first. Exile or Emergent

There's 4 now. Also padawan survivor from dawn of rebellion or force sensitive outcast

Edited by warchild1x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Padawan does NOT get FR 1 from the getgo; it has to be bought inside the career, which is why its so cheap. This also means you have to take some other spec with a FR after Padawan before you qualify for Knight.

Haha this is ridiculous; even Padawan survivor got FR 1 and then got another one at the end of their spec; Padawan Survivor is actually a better choice for going into Jedi Knight

Ignore the above, I have been suitably corrected

Edited by alphastryke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, alphastryke said:

Padawan does NOT get FR 1 from the getgo; it has to be bought inside the career, which is why its so cheap. This also means you have to take some other spec with a FR after Padawan before you qualify for Knight.

Haha this is ridiculous; even Padawan survivor got FR 1 and then got another one at the end of their spec; Padawan Survivor is actually a better choice for going into Jedi Knight

I think you may have misread things just a bit. 

Does anyone care to clarify?  I can't just yet :) .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alphastryke said:

Padawan does NOT get FR 1 from the getgo; it has to be bought inside the career, which is why its so cheap. This also means you have to take some other spec with a FR after Padawan before you qualify for Knight.

Haha this is ridiculous; even Padawan survivor got FR 1 and then got another one at the end of their spec; Padawan Survivor is actually a better choice for going into Jedi Knight

The Jedi career starts with 1 fr just like all the FaD careers.  Padawan is the better spec because you get FR on the third tier, also it starts with lightsaber as a career skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, alphastryke said:

Padawan does NOT get FR 1 from the getgo; it has to be bought inside the career, which is why its so cheap. This also means you have to take some other spec with a FR after Padawan before you qualify for Knight.

Haha this is ridiculous; even Padawan survivor got FR 1 and then got another one at the end of their spec; Padawan Survivor is actually a better choice for going into Jedi Knight

 

Don't think this is the case.

The reason why Padawan Survivior gains a FR is because its a universal spec which can't be a characters first spec since it has no career (and you don't gain that FR if a character already has a FR).

Padawan is a spec of Jedi and starts with a FR like all other Force Sensitive Careers. Hence why Jedi has 6 career skills instead of 8.

 

 

ahh Eoen beat me to it lol

Edited by wezurii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alphastryke said:

Whoops I was wrong, thanks for the clarification. I forgot Jedi was a Career in of itself like the F&D careers. *Whew.*

Padawan survivor us the spec you take if you want to play a smuggler (or any other career) who used to be a Padawan but has lived in hiding since order 66.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really curious as to how they plan on handling signature abilities for the Jedi and Clone Soldier careers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured they would have done 3 for the Jedi in this book.  Maybe a Jedi General since a lot of them were pressed in to that role during the clone wars.  Then in the collapse book we would get 3 more to close the career with 6 like the rest have.  Same with Clones, I think we will get 3 more in the next book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, damnkid3 said:

I figured they would have done 3 for the Jedi in this book.  Maybe a Jedi General since a lot of them were pressed in to that role during the clone wars.  Then in the collapse book we would get 3 more to close the career with 6 like the rest have.  Same with Clones, I think we will get 3 more in the next book.

Maybe jedi master and general in collapse and signature abilities

For clones maybe arc and commando. Not sure what else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone see a Clone Soldier / Jedi career book? I hope not. Also, I'm not confident to see signatures abilities in Collapse of the Republic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rithuan said:

Does anyone see a Clone Soldier / Jedi career book? I hope not. Also, I'm not confident to see signatures abilities in Collapse of the Republic

I wouldn't be opposed to it, we could see Clone Engineer, Clone Scout and Clone Medic in such a book, but it's a little niche and likely that could be covered by having a clone take Engineer etc. 

I do hope that they include sig abilities in CotR bc they will have space wherein they had squad leadership rules etc. that don't bare repeating. 

I'm interested in seeing which planets they chose to feature in collapse. I'd like to see a Clone Wars era Coruscant detailed with the senate district and an adventure hook or two highlighted. I think we could also include some of the planets we see during Order 66, but I believe most have been covered in other media. (Mustafar, Felucia, Kashyyyk, etc.) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outcast seems to fill the hole on how to get quickly into the saberwielding side of force sensitivity, something only Padawan Survivor did before, and in a pretty roundabout way.

Renegade form allows pretty much any build to become effective with a lightsaber and it stacks quite well if leading into the Jedi specs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I just noticed something kinda cool about the Jedi Padawan tree

Specifically, it is identical in structure to the Padawan Survivor tree

All the node paths are exactly the same

Both also have Temple Training and Dedication, both of which are placed on the same spot in the three. The top left section, with the parry-toughened-reflect-parry things are also identical

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheJack said:

So, I just noticed something kinda cool about the Jedi Padawan tree

Specifically, it is identical in structure to the Padawan Survivor tree

All the node paths are exactly the same

Both also have Temple Training and Dedication, both of which are placed on the same spot in the three. The top left section, with the parry-toughened-reflect-parry things are also identical

 

What I like is you can see the diversion of necessary skills. Street smarts is more important than quick draw.... Sleight of mind is more important than well rounded. And so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone who has the book do they have guidelines for lightsaber construction in the order? like when making a lightsaber for the first time you do a combined check with Huyang?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont have the book yet but probably not. There are already rules for construction of lightsabers and you can treat specialized assistance as any applicable number of blue dice under GM approval. I personally ran a game where a teacher helped a number of PC Padawans construct their first lightsabers. I gave them 4 blue dice to help.

1 for specialized tools, 1 for right tools for the job which is a separate mechanic, and 2 for assistance from a Jedi Master teacher.

We don't need new rules for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Someone who has the book do they have guidelines for lightsaber construction in the order? like when making a lightsaber for the first time you do a combined check with Huyang?

What is it you're looking for that the existing rules options don't already cover?

The GM Kit and Endless Vigil both have lightsaber crafting options, while the core book just treats it as a narrative hand wave once you've got the parts (which for a Padawan during the order is probably a very simple matter once they obtain their crystal).

It'd probably be something similar to what Malvicious did with his group, in that it'd simply be a matter of adding blue dice so that even PCs who aren't very good at Mechanics can pass the check, and likely with enough advantage to seriously speed up the assembly time if so desired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

What is it you're looking for that the existing rules options don't already cover?

The GM Kit and Endless Vigil both have lightsaber crafting options, while the core book just treats it as a narrative hand wave once you've got the parts (which for a Padawan during the order is probably a very simple matter once they obtain their crystal).

It'd probably be something similar to what Malvicious did with his group, in that it'd simply be a matter of adding blue dice so that even PCs who aren't very good at Mechanics can pass the check, and likely with enough advantage to seriously speed up the assembly time if so desired.

No what I mean is you do your lightsaber construction under the guidance of an instructor. like would that be doing a combined check with Huyang? or would that be boost die? That type of guidance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say boost dice. The cannon examples we have are teachers giving guidance to their padawans and younglings but never getting full hands on. For example in the clone wars Huyang gave access to the correct tools and materials as well as encouragement but never got hands on with a screw driver himsself. He had them do it themselves. Therefore I dont think it appropriate to make it a combined skill check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

No what I mean is you do your lightsaber construction under the guidance of an instructor. like would that be doing a combined check with Huyang? or would that be boost die? That type of guidance

I don’t think a boost die would be too far out of the question in that scenario either. The padawans are definitely gaining some benefit through his guidance and encouragement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...