bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

19 hours ago, Arbitrator said:

Does anybody with a copy have any information on how the Troupe system will work? Is it just advisory, or are there actual mechanics for it? Was it genuinely just "so you don't need to convolute these individual grunt PCs being with Jedi PCs all the time."

Signal boosting this request. If anyone is willing to provide some summary of how they have the Troupe system set up, I'd be very interested in seeing that.

20 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

I'd imagine that, in some eras, the Jedi might induct experienced Force-users of other traditions in as Knights without making them go through Padawan-ships.

You mean FR2 experienced force users for example? I can totally see that in this too.

8 hours ago, Eoen said:

So when is it going to be retconned to all the other pilot specs?

This is a great question. Now it's a talent, so it's not fair to offer this alternative when you don't have the talent. How the other pilots can get the talent? How can an Ace or Hotshot get by without it? 

Not a perfect solution, but if a player tries a "barrel roll" without the talent, You can limit the damage reduction to Agility or Pilot, whichever is lower. Or you can take 4 strain to attempt this maneuver. Or you can request an action.

In summary, use a nerfed version of the talent. Not a perfect solution, but might be in the right direction

2 minutes ago, Rithuan said:

This is a great question. Now it's a talent, so it's not fair to offer this alternative when you don't have the talent. How the other pilots can get the talent? How can an Ace or Hotshot get by without it? 

A revision of all the talent trees of all classes is in order now that the game is fairly complete.  There are more than a few melee specs that could use parry for instance.

Just now, Eoen said:

A revision of all the talent trees of all classes is in order now that the game is fairly complete.  There are more than a few melee specs that could use parry for instance.

True. A more invasive procedure, but I agree with you

22 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

I could see a career compendium book for each line that updates the specs. Things like black market contacts are just terrible since they changed the game from its alpha approach. 

What was it in alpha?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Ffg has said talent trees are ok to copy 

Correct, THOSE are fine... However, sometimes it is not just THOSE items. Don't get me wrong I was satisfied with the presented pre-view ;-)

Edited by doktor grym

24 minutes ago, Eoen said:

What was it in alpha?

The rarity system was different. It's been awhile since I've seen the breakdown, I'll look for the post and link to it. 

23 minutes ago, doktor grym said:

Correct, THOSE are fine... However, sometimes it is not just THOSE items. Don't get me wrong I was satisfied with the presented pre-view 😉

No ones ever had a problem sharing species stats, vehicle, gear or NPC info. IMHO, I waited a year for the product and got shafted because I couldn't go to a convention. There's no reason we can't share everything as we have in the past, no one here is not going to buy the book because they could potentially look through pages of forums for what item #7 was on page 356. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Eoen said:

What was it in alpha?

I could only find this so far;

Never mind, it was even worse in beta having actually seen the table breakdown for the first time... I hate this talent either way. Lol

Edited by Khazadune

1 hour ago, Khazadune said:

I could see a career compendium book for each line that updates the specs. Things like black market contacts are just terrible since they changed the game from its alpha approach.

This is really something that could do with reworking the vehicle combat system, the Rarity/purchase system, combining and streamlining the various crafting systems, and basically a whole heap of stuff that would actually be enough to warrant a second edition.

1 hour ago, Khazadune said:

IMHO, I waited a year for the product and got shafted because I couldn't go to a convention.

How do you figure? It was announced on September 10, 2018. Granted, I skipped working an annual math conference that I usually staff to go to GamerNation Con instead, but no matter how I crunch the numbers, I can’t make them come out to a year.

2 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

How do you figure? It was announced on September 10, 2018. Granted, I skipped working an annual math conference that I usually staff to go to GamerNation Con instead, but no matter how I crunch the numbers, I can’t make them come out to a year.

My pre-order was placed August 10th, 2018, which puts this at month 9. As we have no change of status yet, that means it will likely be 10 months before I receive it, at least. We can argue about two months if that's what you would really like to do, it still ignores my true point, FFG has used a convention to skip those fans who have waited in line. 

PS - Do they not learn to round up at your math conference? 😉

Posted (edited)

new specs

CLONE SOLDIER: CLONE OFFICER

Career Skills: Athletics, Brawl, Cool, Discipline, Medicine, Ranged (Heavy), Ranged (Light), Vigilance

Clone Officer Bonus Career Skills: Cool, Leadership, Knowledge (Outer Rim), Knowledge (Warfare)

Talents: Clanker Killer 1, Command 2, Coordinated Assault 2, Dedication 1, Field Commander, Field Commander (Improved), First Among Brothers 2, For the Republic, Grit 2, Prime Positions 2, Scrap-Em!, Scrap-Em! (Improved), Tactical Advance, Tactical Advance (Improved), Toughened 1

CLONE SOLDIER: CLONE PILOT

Career Skills: Athletics, Brawl, Cool, Discipline, Medicine, Ranged (Heavy), Ranged (Light), Vigilance

Clone Pilot Bonus Career Skills: Gunnery, Mechanics, Piloting (Planetary), Piloting (Space)

Talents: Assault Drop, Barrel-Roll, Barrel-Roll (Improved), Barrel-Roll (Supreme), Clanker Killer 1, Dedication 1, Fire Support 2, Full Throttle, Grit 2, High-G Training 2, Let’s Ride, Master Pilot, Mission Critical, Natural Operator, Skilled Jockey 1, Toughened 1, Tricky Target

CLONE SOLDIER: CLONE TROOPER

Clone Trooper Bonus Career Skills: Gunnery, Perception, Ranged (Heavy), Resilience

Talents: Armor Master, Armor Master (Improved), Brace 2, Brace (Improved), Brace (Supreme), Clanker Killer 2, Deadly Accuracy 1, Dedication 1, Enduring 1, Grit 1, Lateral Thinking, Natural Trooper, Physical Training 1, Suppressing Fire 2, Toughened 3

JEDI: KNIGHT

Career Skills: Athletics, Cool, Discipline, Knowledge (Lore), LightSaber, Piloting (Space)

Knight Bonus Career Skills: Cool, Leadership, LightSaber, Negotiation

Prerequisite: Force Rating 2

Talents: Balance, Circle of Shelter, Dedication 1, Force Rating 1, Grit 2, Guardian of the Republic, Jump Up, Parry 2, Parry (Improved), Reflect 2, Reflect (Improved), Researcher 2, Saber Throw, Sense Emotions, Side by Side, Will of the Force

JEDI: PADAWAN

Career Skills: Athletics, Cool, Discipline, Knowledge (Lore), LightSaber, Piloting (Space)

Padawan Bonus Career Skills: Coordination, Knowledge (Education), Mechanics, Vigilance

Talents: Adaptable, Beginner’s Luck, Dedication 1, Force Rating 1, Grit 2, Learning Opportunity, Parry 2, Quick Draw, Reflect 2, Sense Danger, Sincerest Flattery, Something to Prove, Temple Training, Toughened 2, Valuable Facts, Well Rounded

UNIVERSAL: FORCE SENSITIVE OUTCAST

Gain Force Rating 1

Talents: Dedication 1, Disorient 2, Force Rating 1, Grit 2, Parry 2, Prey on the Week 2, Quickdraw, Quick Strike 1, Ravage, Reflect 1, Secrets of the Force, Sense Emotions 1, Sorry about the Mess, Uncanny Reactions 1, Uncanny Senses 1, Renegade Form

UNIVERSAL: REPUBLIC NAVY OFFICER

Republic Navy Officer Bonus Career Skills: Astrogation, Discipline, Knowledge (Warfare), Leadership

Talents: Careful Planning, Command 2, Commanding Presence 2, Confidence 1, Dedication 1, Fire when Ready, Galaxy Mapper 2, Grit 2, Hyperspace Assault, Known Schematic, Natural Leader, On my Order, Ordnance Saturation, Outmaneuver, Steely Nerves, Toughened 1

UNIVERSAL: REPUBLIC REPRESENTATIVE

Republic Representative Bonus Career Skills: Charm, Cool, Knowledge ([Choose any one]), Negotiation

Talents: Consider Our Options, Consider Our Options (Improved), Dedication 1, Grit 1, Intense Presence, Kill with Kindness 2, Leverage 3, Natural Negotiator, Nobody’s Fool 2, Respected Delegate 2, Smooth Talker 2, Steely Nerves, Translation Error, Backroom Deal

UNIVERSAL: SCAVENGER

Scavenger Bonus Career Skills: Mechanics, Perception, Streetwise, Survival

Talents: Another’s Treasure, Contraption, Dedication 1, Exceed Specifications, Exceed Specifications (Improved), Exceed Specifications (Supreme), Forager, Grit 2, Jury Rigged, One Person’s Trash, Rapid Reaction 2, Sixth Sense, Street Smarts 1, Tinkerer 1, Utility Belt, Utility Belt (Improved), Utinni! 2

Edited by Eoen

5 hours ago, Rithuan said:

Not a perfect solution, but if a player tries a "barrel roll" without the talent, You can limit the damage reduction to Agility or Pilot, whichever is lower. Or you can take 4 strain to attempt this maneuver. Or you can request an action.

In summary, use a nerfed version of the talent. Not a perfect solution, but might be in the right direction

One other possibility is if the Spec offers Tricky Target, allow the basic Barrel Roll to be taken instead.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Eoen said:

Padawan Bonus Career Skills: Coordination, Knowledge (Education), Mechanics, Vigilance

Talents: Adaptable, Beginner’s Luck, Dedication 1, Force Rating 1, Grit 2, Learning Opportunity, Parry 2, Quick Draw, Reflect 2, Sense Danger, Sincerest Flattery, Something to Prove, Temple Training, Toughened 2, Valuable Facts, Well Rounded

Just curiousity, Padawan doesn't have either an FR1 prerequisite or Gain FR1?

Edited by Rimsen

4 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

It's like the F&D specs - they don't have that either because the career comes with 3 of 6 skills and FR1 instead of 4 of 8 skills like the EotE/AoR careers.

12 hours ago, Eoen said:

new specs

CLONE SOLDIER: CLONE OFFICER

Clone Officer Bonus Career Skills: Cool, Leadership, Knowledge (Outer Rim), Knowledge (Warfare)

Talents: Clanker Killer 1, Command 2, Coordinated Assault 2, Dedication 1, Field Commander, Field Commander (Improved), First Among Brothers 2, For the Republic, Grit 2, Prime Positions 2, Scrap-Em!, Scrap-Em! (Improved), Tactical Advance, Tactical Advance (Improved), Toughened 1

CLONE SOLDIER: CLONE PILOT

Clone Pilot Bonus Career Skills: Gunnery, Mechanics, Piloting (Planetary), Piloting (Space)

Talents: Assault Drop, Barrel-Roll, Barrel-Roll (Improved), Barrel-Roll (Supreme), Clanker Killer 1, Dedication 1, Fire Support 2, Full Throttle, Grit 2, High-G Training 2, Let’s Ride, Master Pilot, Mission Critical, Natural Operator, Skilled Jockey 1, Toughened 1, Tricky Target

CLONE SOLDIER: CLONE TROOPER

Clone Trooper Bonus Career Skills: Gunnery, Perception, Ranged (Heavy), Resilience

Talents: Armor Master, Armor Master (Improved), Brace 2, Brace (Improved), Brace (Supreme), Clanker Killer 2, Deadly Accuracy 1, Dedication 1, Enduring 1, Grit 1, Lateral Thinking, Natural Trooper, Physical Training 1, Suppressing Fire 2, Toughened 3

JEDI: KNIGHT

Knight Bonus Career Skills: Cool, Leadership, LightSaber, Negotiation

Prerequisite: Force Rating 2

Talents: Balance, Circle of Shelter, Dedication 1, Force Rating 1, Grit 2, Guardian of the Republic, Jump Up, Parry 2, Parry (Improved), Reflect 2, Reflect (Improved), Researcher 2, Saber Throw, Sense Emotions, Side by Side, Will of the Force

UNIVERSAL: FORCE SENSITIVE OUTCAST

Gain Force Rating 1

Talents: Dedication 1, Disorient 2, Force Rating 1, Grit 2, Parry 2, Prey on the Week 2, Quickdraw, Quick Strike 1, Ravage, Reflect 1, Secrets of the Force, Sense Emotions 1, Sorry about the Mess, Uncanny Reactions 1, Uncanny Senses 1, Renegade Form

UNIVERSAL: REPUBLIC NAVY OFFICER

Republic Navy Officer Bonus Career Skills: Astrogation, Discipline, Knowledge (Warfare), Leadership

Talents: Careful Planning, Command 2, Commanding Presence 2, Confidence 1, Dedication 1, Fire when Ready, Galaxy Mapper 2, Grit 2, Hyperspace Assault, Known Schematic, Natural Leader, On my Order, Ordnance Saturation, Outmaneuver, Steely Nerves, Toughened 1

UNIVERSAL: REPUBLIC REPRESENTATIVE

Republic Representative Bonus Career Skills: Charm, Cool, Knowledge ([Choose any one]), Negotiation

Talents: Consider Our Options, Consider Our Options (Improved), Dedication 1, Grit 1, Intense Presence, Kill with Kindness 2, Leverage 3, Natural Negotiator, Nobody’s Fool 2, Respected Delegate 2, Smooth Talker 2, Steely Nerves, Translation Error, Backroom Deal

UNIVERSAL: SCAVENGER

Scavenger Bonus Career Skills: Mechanics, Perception, Streetwise, Survival

Talents: Another’s Treasure, Contraption, Dedication 1, Exceed Specifications, Exceed Specifications (Improved), Exceed Specifications (Supreme), Forager, Grit 2, Jury Rigged, One Person’s Trash, Rapid Reaction 2, Sixth Sense, Street Smarts 1, Tinkerer 1, Utility Belt, Utility Belt (Improved), Utinni! 2

Do you have the species data for both books? 

4 hours ago, Rimsen said:

It says it has a talent to gain one, and it starts with one as a F&D career, and it's rather cheap imho, so getting FR2 from Padawan is not that bad to get an early jump into knight, it's intended to be your fast track to encourage the narrative (I believe). 

2 hours ago, Khazadune said:

It says it has a talent to gain one, and it starts with one as a F&D career, and it's rather cheap imho, so getting FR2 from Padawan is not that bad to get an early jump into knight, it's intended to be your fast track to encourage the narrative (I believe). 

Actually i was thinking the other way. Being some ordinary guy (Hired Gun, technician whatever not Force Sensitive), "discovering" my force talent and picking up padawan. Butbit seems i can't do that.

49 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

Actually i was thinking the other way. Being some ordinary guy (Hired Gun, technician whatever not Force Sensitive), "discovering" my force talent and picking up padawan. Butbit seems i can't do that.

To accomplish this you need one of the universal force specs first. Exile or Emergent

3 hours ago, Khazadune said:

Do you have the species data for both books? 

I got to data from the link a few pages back. There’s species data for rise of the separatists at the end of the pictures. I haven’t seen to Ewok data from Allies and Adversaries. 

The improved reflect and improved parry in the Knight tree nicely fill the lack of defensive options some of the saber forms have. Now you can take makashi and not worry so much about blaster fire.