bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

Padawan sounds very attractive for almost any character with a saber (and FaD really is heavily saber-dominated). Quick access to FR, Well Rounded, some Parry and Reflect along with Toughened and Grit are something most anyone will like. Knight is far less impressive to me.

10 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Padawan sounds very attractive for almost any character with a saber (and FaD really is heavily saber-dominated). Quick access to FR, Well Rounded, some Parry and Reflect along with Toughened and Grit are something most anyone will like. Knight is far less impressive to me.

I want to think it's deliberate. Most people will be inclined to skip past Padawan for the- well, just on the basis of Jedi Knight being called Jedi Knight. Making it more tempting mechanically encourages people to eat points into it, which makes a lot of sense for people to do, considering every Jedi Knight would have experience of being a Padawan.

Yeah, an early force rating, and still a dedication to boot...throw in the parry and reflect...and then things like "Something to Prove", "Beginner's Luck" and "Sincerest Flattery" are just icing on the cake...I really like those, those are great for situations where you're out of your comfort zone.  "I need you to roll underwater basket weaving"  But I never took underwa-...Uhhh...I trigger all the things!  Make a roll and add the light side to the check, if it fails, something to prove for another go at it, and if you succeed it was free...even better if you got to watch someone else doing the same thing as you're coming in.

Padawan is beautiful...

6 minutes ago, Arbitrator said:

I want to think it's deliberate. Most people will be inclined to skip past Padawan for the- well, just on the basis of Jedi Knight being called Jedi Knight. Making it more tempting mechanically encourages people to eat points into it, which makes a lot of sense for people to do, considering every Jedi Knight would have experience of being a Padawan.

I'd imagine that, in some eras, the Jedi might induct experienced Force-users of other traditions in as Knights without making them go through Padawan-ships.

If someone has an alternative site or forum for me to post links send me a PM, do not ask for a direct link, I do not want my mailbox filled with the link requests. I'm trying to offer everyone a chance from one place. 

50 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Really hoping someone can share the clone specs and racials. That's what I've been waiting to see. Everyone has always shared details in the past with no issue. 

Well, the people who have it are waist deep in Celebration. I can certainly understand why combing through an RPG book in detail, let alone doing so to post the info here isn’t high on their priority list right now.

2 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Well, the people who have it are waist deep in Celebration. I can certainly understand why combing through an RPG book in detail, let alone doing so to post the info here isn’t high on their priority list right now.

Celebrations happen every year...book release info sharing for internet points only happens once (per book)!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Arganas said:

Celebrations happen every year...

No, it doesn’t.

This is only the 10th in the US since they began in 1999, and they’ve been held at irregular intervals. The last (US or international) SWC was April 2017.

Edited by Nytwyng

1 minute ago, Nytwyng said:

No, it doesn’t.

This is only the 10th in the US since they began in 1999, and they’ve been held at irregular intervals. The last (US or international) SWC was April 2017.

Can't just run with the joke?  Not even a little?

3 minutes ago, Arganas said:

Can't just run with the joke?  Not even a little?

With so many, “Why aren’t people who are participating in a multi-day, activity-packed event taking time out of that to post game book info?” posts, it’s hard to tell the jokes apart. 😜

2 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

With so many, “Why aren’t people who are participating in a multi-day, activity-packed event taking time out of that to post game book info?” posts, it’s hard to tell the jokes apart. 😜

Well one person is, I just wouldn't know what other site to direct him towards...heh

Posted (edited)

I'm working from second hand photos, so bear with me (and don't bother asking for additional info beyond what's visible in a spec tree, I don't even have direct access to someone with the book).

(edit: The Pilot and Trooper trees are nested in there, but I can't get the edit system to let me try to fix it.

Clone Stats:

All 2s for characteristics

WT: 11 + Brawn

ST: 11+ Willpower

Starting XP: 100

Free rank in Knowledge (Warfare) and Resilience (cannot exceed 2 at character creation)

Kamino Training: One free rank of Physical Training talent.

Clone Pilot

Skills: Gunnery, Mechanics, Piloting (Planetary), Piloting (Space)

First Row:  Let's Ride (down), Fire Support (down), Grit (down), Grit (down)

Second Row: High-G Training (up, down, right), Clanker Killer (up, down, left), High-G Training (up, down, right), Skilled Jockey (up, down, left)

Third Row: Assault Drop (up, down, right), Tricky Target (up, left), Full Throttle (up, down, right), Barrel Roll (up, left)

Fourth Row: Fire Support (up, down, right), Natural Operation (down, left, right), Improved Barrel Roll (all), Supreme Barrel Roll (left)

Fifth Row: Mission Critical (up), Dedication (up), Master Pilot (up, right), Toughened (left)

Fire Support: After the character makes a successful combat check using a vehicle weapon, the next ally to make a check adds Boost equal to ranks of Fire Support.[

Assault Drop: Once per session, the character may perform the Assault Drop incidental to allow allies to embark or disembark from a vehicle or ship they are piloting as an incidental.

Barrel Roll:  When piloting a vehicle or starship of silhouette 3 or less, when hit by an attack, suffer 3 system strain to reduce damage of one hit by ranks in Piloting.

Improved Barrel Roll: reduce damage of all hits of the attack.

Supreme Barrel Roll: When using Barrel Roll against certain weapons, may spend Despair or three Threat to inflict one hit on an enemy vehicle within close range, dealing base damage of original attack.

Mission Critical: Once per session after rolling a Piloting check but before resolving it, the character may spend a Destiny Point to add Success or Advantage to the results equal to the ranks in the skill.

Clone Trooper

Skills: Gunnery, Mechanics, Piloting (Planetary), Piloting (Space)

First Row: Grit, Physical Training (down), Toughened, Brace (down)

Second Row: Suppressing Fire (right), Clanker Killer (up, down, left), Brace (right), Toughened (up, down, left)

Third Row: Armor Master (right), Deadly Accuracy (all), Suppressing Fire (left, right), Improved Brace (up, down, left)

Fourth Row: Toughened (up, down), Clanker Killer (up, down), Enduring (down), Supreme Brace (up, down)

Fifth Row: Improved Armor Master (up, right), Natural Trooper (up, left, right), Dedication (up, left, right), Lateral Thinking (up, left)

Improved Brace: When the character performs the Brace maneuver, they may choose one environmental circumstance. The benefits of Brace apply to that circumstance until the end of the encounter.

Supreme Brace: When the character performs the Brace maneuver, the benefits apply to all allies within short range.

Lateral Thinking: Once per Encounter, spend one Destiny Point to force an enemy to reroll a successful check targeting the character. Does not require a Destiny Point if the enemy is a droid.

Edited by Kaigen

I had another source, but really I know some companies have outright just removed this kind of material from a blog. Did not have Obi-wan though, that was a nice find. Still not A&A though ;-(

1 hour ago, doktor grym said:

I had another source, but really I know some companies have outright just removed this kind of material from a blog. Did not have Obi-wan though, that was a nice find. Still not A&A though ;-(

Ffg has said talent trees are ok to copy 

6 hours ago, Rithuan said:

I see that "Barrel roll" made it into Star Wars (unless it was available in another spec book)

So when is it going to be retconned to all the other pilot specs?

How about starting skill points for Jedi? Are these like with Force & Destiny, where they start with one fewer point? (3 Career and 2 Spec) 

How about Clone Soldier? Regular amount of starting skill points? 

3 hours ago, Ilderfant said:

How about starting skill points for Jedi? Are these like with Force & Destiny, where they start with one fewer point? (3 Career and 2 Spec) 

How about Clone Soldier? Regular amount of starting skill points? 

Judging by how many skills each get (6 career skills for Jedi, 8 for Clones), I'd say the Jedi careers get the same starting skills as any F&D career, and the Clones get the same starting skills as any EotE or AoR career.

I just want to express how ridiculously excited I am now that we have the careers and specs spoiled for this! I've been running a Clone Wars campaign for about five months now (we're going on session 8, due to limited gaming time each week and three different campaigns running), and I've been dying for this to release.

I have two Jedi players and a Clone player who will all greatly appreciate this. I plan on allowing the players to re-build their characters using their current XP now that this is available, and I see it tremendously helping each of them! Especially the two Jedi, who will greatly benefit from Padawan over Padawan Survivor.