bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

3 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Before we talk about the Specs, what Career Skills (along with an assumed FR1) does the Jedi career offer?

I assume its ok to talk about it now

The career skills are athletics, cool, discipline, lore, lightsaber, pilot space

Padawan skills are Coordination, education, mechanics, vigilance

Knight skills: cool, leadership, lightsaber, negotiation

I dont have access to the lore blurb, but i assume you get 1 force rating too. Notably, Knight has a prerequisite of FR2 to take it

I like the specs overall, but hoestly i am kinda disappointed that neither spec has any "use lightsaber with non-brawn ability". That seems weird to me since it kinda undercuts the whole lightsaber style thing. That being said, i dont have access to the lore blurb which may include something like that

Still mildly annoying though, as that means i cant ditch Soresu Defender for a spec with Force Rating... The knight spec would have been perfect otherwise!

Inquiring minds here are also wondering about specs and gear and such. Mostly specs and the clone species.

My group has been waiting (with varying degrees of sanity and patience) to start our Clone Wars game since about the announcement of this book, but some of our basic concepts are so intrinsically tied to potential options from this book that we can't even start thinking about anything but barebones character ideas until we see those lovely spoilers. 😬

33 minutes ago, sonovabith said:

If anyone has pics of the talent trees, I’d be terribly grateful to have them PM’d to me if you’re not comfortable spoiling stuff on the open forum.

Likewise. I have a group of players raring to go on character creation and getting eyes-on the new trees would be a fantastic help!

7 hours ago, TheJack said:

The character concept is basically "Jedi youngling who survived Order 66 and was raised by a starship mechanic since". In mechanical terms, she's currently a Guardian, with the Armorer tree as her first tree, and the Soresu Defender as the second one

A kind soul has sent me images of the specs now, and while they look great, I'm not sure my particular character can be transferred without problems... But they are definetly competing with Padawan Survivor for the spot as her third spec!

Able to share with me? 

3 hours ago, ColonelCommissar said:

Likewise. I have a group of players raring to go on character creation and getting eyes-on the new trees would be a fantastic help!

I would also love to have some of these pictures PM'd to me before my next Clone Wars session on Monday. Preferably races and specs, if possible. One of the players I'm introducing is playing an ARC Trooper, and another is playing a Padawan. The content in this book might lead to a re-spec of the characters before they're introduced. Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated!

Isn't there supposed to be a new Force power as well? I'm wondering what characters are stated in rise of the Separatist and allies and adversaries can you give some details please? 

2 hours ago, Underachiever599 said:

I would also love to have some of these pictures PM'd to me before my next Clone Wars session on Monday. Preferably races and specs, if possible...Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated!

Is this how we have to get spoilers now? I want them as much as anyone else but I appreciate the open discussion (and kind of hate the uncertainty of hoping someone sends me the PM). That being said, the people who have the two new books are probably busy enjoying Celebration and have better things to do than describe talent trees on the internet, and I get that.

I would appreciate being added to the secret PM chain though...

Just now, Absol197 said:

Back in my day, we were more civilized about this and provided open text-posts for spoilers, instead of these cowardly PMs.

*grumble grumble grumble...*

Is that even allowed? That's why I started asking for PMs, lol

If it's allowed to post it openly, I can slap up the images I got from that nice dude via PM 

4 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Back in my day, we were more civilized about this and provided open text-posts for spoilers, instead of these cowardly PMs.

*grumble grumble grumble...*

1 minute ago, TheJack said:

Is that even allowed? That's why I started asking for PMs, lol

If it's allowed to post it openly, I can slap up the images I got from that nice dude via PM 

Key word in “text-posts:” text. 😏

Just now, Nytwyng said:

Key word in “text-posts:” text. 😏

Lol gotcha. So basically, as long as it's not an image, it's fine? Including describing what talents they have, and so on? 

Lol, 'aight

I only got images of three specs though for the moment: Jedi Padawan, Jedi Knight, and Force Sensitive Outcast

Legend: 

Amount of experience: Talent name (talent connections) [if new, talent description]

Talents are described from left to right, from 5 exp to 25.

JEDI CAREER: 
Skills: Athletics, Cool, Discipline, Lore, Lightsaber, Piloting Space

Padawan:
Skills: Coordination, Knowledge Education, Mechanics, Vigilance

5Exp: Parry (link down), Toughened, Quickdraw (link down), grit

10exp: Toughened (link up, down and right), Reflect (link left and right), WEll Rounded (link all directions) [Chose any 2 skills, they become career skills], Sense Danger (link left and down) [Once per game (?) remove 2 black from any 1 check]

15 exp: parry (up and right), learning opportunity (left and down)[once per round, spend 3 advantage from failed check to upgrade next check once], Valuable Facts (up and right) [Once per encounter, perform Valuable Fact action, 2purple Knowledge check. If successful, add 1 triumph to one ally's check during the encounter), Force Rating (up, left, down)

20 exp: Reflect (right, down), grit (up, down, left), something to prove (right) [once per session, suffer 4 strain to reroll one failed check. If reroll succeeds, gain 4 strain], Adaptable (up, down, left) [when resolving skillcheck where the character has no ranks, spend 1 destiny point to remove 1 despair or number of threats equal to cool ranks]

25exp: Beginners luck (up, right)[once per session when character makes check, add successes equal to number of lightside destiny points in pool], Temple Training (up, left, right), Sincerest Flattery (once per encounter when making a check using a skill that anohter character has already used during the encounter, add 2 blue], Dedication (up, left)

Knight

Skills: Cool, Leadership, Lightsaber, Negotiation

PREREQUISITE: FORCE RATING 2

5Exp: Grit, jump up (down), researcher (down), grit

10exp: parry (down), parry (up, down), sense emotions (up, right), researcher (left, down)

15 exp: Improved Reflect (up, down, right), reflect (up, left, right), improved parry (left, down), balance (up, down)

20 exp: Circle of Shelter (up, right, down)[when engaged ally is hit, may use parry or Reflect against that hit], side by side (left, right)[when character and 1 or more engaged allies are weilding lightsabers, add 1 threat to all combat checks targeting that character or those allies], Reflect (left, up), Will of the Force(up, down)[once per round after failing a check, may convert 1 darkside destiny point ot lightside]

25exp: Guardian of the Republic (up, right)[if using parry or reflect to reduce damage against ally, that ally cannot be targeted for the rest of the round], saber throw (left), dedication (right), force rating(up, left)

UNIVERSAL SPECS:

Force sensitive outcast

Skills: N/A

Gain Force Rating 1

5Exp: Uncanny Reactions (down), Sense Emotions(down), Grit, Uncanny Senses(down)

10exp: Quick Draw(up, down), Quick Strike(up, down, right), Disorient(left), secrets of the force (up, down)[think this is in PAdawan Survivor too, but not sure. It gives Lore and Lightsaber as career skills]

15 exp: Disorient(up, down, right), Prey on the Weak(up, left, down)[gain +1 damage to one hit of successful combat check against disoriented targets per rank of Prey on The Weak], Renegade Form(right, down)[Pick one ability. Your lightsaber skill can now work off this ability instead of brawn], Parry(left, up, down)

20 exp: Prey on the Weak (up, right), Sorry about the Mess(up, down, left)[decrease crit rating by 1 (minimum 1) against targets that have not yet acted this encounter], parry (up), reflect (up, down)

25exp: Dedication (right), Ravage (up, left, right)[DARKSIDE TALENT, Once per counter, character may suffer 3 strain to add force dice up to force rating on combat check against engaged target. Force pips may be spent to gain Success or Advantage], grit (left, right), Force Rating (left, up)

That's all I got dudes.

I also want to mention again that I'm having some considerable salt over the universal spec getting Renegade Forms (pick one ability, lightsaber can use this), while the Jedi career does not seem to gain anything similar. IMO that is a terrible idea, because out of all the classes, the Jedi should have been the most logical to give the ability to use any of the lightsaber forms. That, and I *really* wanted to be able to switch out Soresu Defender, but now I can't because I'm 100% relying on the ability to use Intellect with lightsabers. Urgh

5 minutes ago, evo454 said:

Can't help but notice that it still says "On the Boat" in the Upcoming page.

This is perhaps what has me most confused.

I’ve seen it suggested that a small sample may have been air-shipped to be available at Celebration, while the bulk of the supply is still in transit traditionally.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TheJack said:

I also want to mention again that I'm having some considerable salt over the universal spec getting Renegade Forms (pick one ability, lightsaber can use this), while the Jedi career does not seem to gain anything similar. IMO that is a terrible idea, because out of all the classes, the Jedi should have been the most logical to give the ability to use any of the lightsaber forms. That, and I *really* wanted to be able to switch out Soresu Defender, but now I can't because I'm 100% relying on the ability to use Intellect with lightsabers. Urgh

Shii-cho is the basic form of light saber taught to Jedi at the temple ie brawn is the default.  Your character will be more powerful if you take Soresu Defender in addition to Padawan, and Knight. Knight is like getting a black belt it's just basic level of competence needed to really start learning the Jedi arts.  

Edited by Eoen

Just now, Eoen said:

Shii-cho is the basic form of light saber taught to Jedi at the temple ie brawn is the default.  Your character will be more powerful if you take Soresu Defender in addition to Padawan, and Knight. Knight is like getting a black belt it's just basic level of competence needed to really start learning the Jedi arts.  

Yeah, but I got all kinds of other stuff I need to take too, lol

Basically I wanted to replace Soresu Defender with Jedi Knight for exp efficiency and to be able to get Force Rating 4. If there was a Jedi Master spec with the lightsaber thing I'd be happy, but there isn't, so I'm kinda stuck. As it is, if you don't spec into brawn, going for the Jedi spec is kind of a bad move, which is really annoying because the rest of the spec looks great

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TheJack said:

Yeah, but I got all kinds of other stuff I need to take too, lolBasically I wanted to replace Soresu Defender with Jedi Knight for exp efficiency and to be able to get Force Rating 4. If there was a Jedi Master spec with the lightsaber thing I'd be happy, but there isn't, so I'm kinda stuck. As it is, if you don't spec into brawn, going for the Jedi spec is kind of a bad move, which is really annoying because the rest of the spec looks great

My philosophy with Jedi characters is to take as many 3 stats as possible. Stacking parry and reflect from multiple forms is awesome. Like Soresu and Shien or Niman which also gives defensive training 2.

Padawan->lightsaber form->specialty like Starfighter Ace->Knight->Further specs 

Edited by Eoen

Posted (edited)

Does anybody with a copy have any information on how the Troupe system will work? Is it just advisory, or are there actual mechanics for it? Was it genuinely just "so you don't need to convolute these individual grunt PCs being with Jedi PCs all the time."

Edited by Arbitrator

36 minutes ago, TheJack said:

If there was a Jedi Master spec with the lightsaber thing I'd be happy, but there isn't, so I'm kinda stuck. 

We do still have Collapse of the Republic to come....

Just now, Nytwyng said:

We do still have Collapse of the Republic to come....

Oh, that is a very good point, I forgot about that possibility... Here's to hoping!

Now, my salt about the lightsaber forms aside, I still really like the trees. I'm not entirely sure why Knight has 2 researcher talents, but otherwise it looks like a solid, well rounded classical Jedi. The Padawan is a bit more of an oddball IMO... I really did not expect Mechanics to be a career skill, for example! But hey, not complaining. I also like how it's got a really cheap Force rating talent (likely so that you can take it quickly and get Knight rapidly)

I've seen images of 5 of the careers online. Padawan, Knight and the 3 Clone flavors -> Trooper, Pilot and Commander. Gen Grievous was someplace also, Scary... and the Genosian. I won't post links directly as I'm not certain its proper  here, but if someone PMs me a safe place, I'll place a link there. Then you  can venture over there. I have mine on preorder, one of my fellow gamers came over today and I found out his sister-in-law is at the SWC with the family and I  was like call her and see if we paypal her, she can get them and mail them ASAP to us... Her phone just rang and went to VM the few times we called. ;-( Sad Panda...

KSW