bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I heard that Rise got a prerelease at Celebration. Not too pleased if honest.

"Oh what's that, you don't live in Chicago or have the money to go to Chicago. Well sucks to be you, wait a month or two" That's the only thing I hate about this sorta stuff and makes me grumble and swear at FFG.

After buying every single **** book in the Star Wars RPG line (not an exaggeration) it just feels like a "Thank you" followed by a swift kick in the dice bag.

Edited by Ebak

14 minutes ago, Ebak said:

Yeah, I heard that Rise got a prerelease at Celebration. Not too pleased if honest.

"Oh what's that, you don't live in Chicago or have the money to go to Chicago. Well sucks to be you, wait a month or two" That's the only thing I hate about this sorta stuff and makes me grumble and swear at FFG.

After buying every single **** book in the Star Wars RPG line (not an exaggeration) it just feels like a "Thank you" followed by a swift kick in the dice bag. 

Well, my assumption is that, with this information, the release date that we saw from Amazon is likely accurate.  So that means we should see the status change tomorrow, and then only have two weeks of shipping to wait through before it's out.  Two weeks and a day extra isn't TOO bad...

Although I do agree that I don't really like geographically-specific pre-releases.  I have to plan and save a LOT before I do any travelling, so it is sort of a drag :( .  But I assume, then, @Nytwyng, that you'll be doing us the honors of spoiling the book :) ?

I can't do it, but you certainly can!

Posted (edited)

Yup, I called that months ago. Like I said before this book has likely been sitting at FFGs warehouse for months.  The prequel era push at this Star Wars Celebration (anniversary of TPM), plus the Clone Wars panel and pending Disney+ show just made sense to hold off on RotS until now.

Edited by Gallandro

Just now, Absol197 said:

Well, my assumption is that, with this information, the release date that we saw from Amazon is likely accurate.  So that means we should see the status change tomorrow, and then only have two weeks of shipping to wait through before it's out.  Two weeks and a day extra isn't TOO bad...

Although I do agree that I don't really like geographically-specific pre-releases.  I have to plan and save a LOT before I do any travelling, so it is sort of a drag :( .  But I assume, then, @Nytwyng, that you'll be doing us the honors of spoiling the book :) ?

You mean 8 weeks? UK based here. Sadly unlike more...popular (high revenue) games FFG aren't too bothered to make sure the RPG books end up in worldwide stores at the same time.

Just now, Ebak said:

You mean 8 weeks? UK based here. Sadly unlike more...popular (high revenue) games FFG aren't too bothered to make sure the RPG books end up in worldwide stores at the same time.

Aww, I'm sorry :( .

Strange... Marcy always seems to get the books right around the same time we do, and she's in Wales...

They used to be pretty good, but lately Asmodee UK have been very behind. At least from what I recall.

It's frustrating as **** to see everyone enjoying something and you're left out so yeah...it does suck :(

Just now, Ebak said:

They used to be pretty good, but lately Asmodee UK have been very behind. At least from what I recall.

It's frustrating as **** to see everyone enjoying something and you're left out so yeah...it does suck :(

I get it, and I'm sorry. 

If anyone has managed to get their hands on a copy, could you pretty please PM me a picture of the jedi careers? I'm buying the book anyway, but I really want to know whether I should start planning redoing my character, or if I should continue with my current setup and just wait for the gear and stuff instead

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TheJack said:

If anyone has managed to get their hands on a copy, could you pretty please PM me a picture of the jedi careers? I'm buying the book anyway, but I really want to know whether I should start planning redoing my character, or if I should continue with my current setup and just wait for the gear and stuff instead

I'm sure our wonderful spoiler will provide us will full layouts of ALL the spec trees, as per standard forum procedure, as established in the Uniform Player's Code of 2017, Section 8, subsection D :) .

As an aside, while I don't know exactly what your character concept is, I'm pretty sure you're going to want to re-spec...

Edited by Absol197

44 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

But I assume, then, @Nytwyng, that you'll be doing us the honors of spoiling the book :) ?

I can’t, either. I don’t have it...my GM does. He, in turn, will be passing his pre-order along to me.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

I can’t, either. I don’t have it...my GM does. He, in turn, will be passing his pre-order along to me.

Well, then, tell your GM to make a profile here and do the necessary spoiling!  You're not allowed to tell us that someone you know has the book and not provide the details :P !  If I didn't already know what was in it, I'd be fuming mad at you!

16 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

I'm sure our wonderful spoiler will provide us will full layouts of ALL the spec trees, as per standard forum procedure, as established in the Uniform Player's Code of 2017, Section 8, subsection D :) .

As an aside, while I don't know exactly what your character concept is, I'm pretty sure you're going to want to re-spec...

Not who you're replying to, but I've actually been taking a break from my usual game for the past month or so waiting on this book to do a respec on my character...so been anxious to get my hands on it and see what I could do for awhile now.

4 minutes ago, Arganas said:

Not who you're replying to, but I've actually been taking a break from my usual game for the past month or so waiting on this book to do a respec on my character...so been anxious to get my hands on it and see what I could do for awhile now.

I think you'll like it :) .  I sure do! 

I'm mostly being over-exaggerated right now because I may finally have a reason to be excited for a Star Wars thing.  Two Star Wars things, actually!  One (and a half) book, and a new/old campaign finally starting!

1 hour ago, Ebak said:

I'll never get why H E double hockey sticks is censored. It's 2019 for pete's sake!

For the same reason I can’t refer to Nightwing by his civilian first name...and couldn’t on the DC Comics forum (when they had one), either.

31 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Well, then, tell your GM to make a profile here and do the necessary spoiling!  You're not allowed to tell us that someone you know has the book and not provide the details :P !  If I didn't already know what was in it, I'd be fuming mad at you!

That’s aaaaalll up to him. FWIW, all I’ve gotten from him is that he’s got it. I’m as anxious to get details as everyone else.

If not, I doubt he’s the only one who got a copy, and someone’s sure to step up.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

That’s aaaaalll up to him. FWIW, all I’ve gotten from him is that he’s got it. I’m as anxious to get details as everyone else.

If not, I doubt he’s the only one who got a copy, and someone’s sure to step up.

True enough :) . 

Technically I could have gotten a contributor copy, but I've never done so.  Partly because I want to continue to support my FLGS which is where I've bought all my FFG Star Wars stuff, and also?  I think the books are so cool, I just want to support FFG to continue making them.  So I'm as anxious as all of you to get the finished product!

Someone on Reddit is reporting that the Specs are:

- Clone Officer

- Clone Pilot

- Clone Trooper

- Jedi Knight

- Padawan

- Force-Sensitive Outcast

- Republic Navy Officer

- Republic Representative

- Scavenger

No other details yet...

9 hours ago, Absol197 said:

The character concept is basically "Jedi youngling who survived Order 66 and was raised by a starship mechanic since". In mechanical terms, she's currently a Guardian, with the Armorer tree as her first tree, and the Soresu Defender as the second one

A kind soul has sent me images of the specs now, and while they look great, I'm not sure my particular character can be transferred without problems... But they are definetly competing with Padawan Survivor for the spot as her third spec!

59 minutes ago, TheJack said:

The character concept is basically "Jedi youngling who survived Order 66 and was raised by a starship mechanic since". In mechanical terms, she's currently a Guardian, with the Armorer tree as her first tree, and the Soresu Defender as the second one

A kind soul has sent me images of the specs now, and while they look great, I'm not sure my particular character can be transferred without problems... But they are definetly competing with Padawan Survivor for the spot as her third spec!

Before we talk about the Specs, what Career Skills (along with an assumed FR1) does the Jedi career offer?