bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Khazadune said:

I checked mine and it's Allies and Adversaries. So disappointed right now. 

Last night at the GamerNation Con pre-con dinner, I did overhear Phil say he got an email from FFG verifying the shipping address for his contributor's copy of A&A.

Edited by Nytwyng

Posted (edited)

So's mine...but the font is so small, I honestly haven't really read anyone's.

To go with this year's theme, and nod to my nick, I'll probably be in one of my Nightwing shirts tomorrow.

Edited by Nytwyng

21 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

So's mine...but the font is so small, I honestly haven't really read anyone's.

To go with this year's theme, and nod to my nick, I'll probably be in one of my Nightwing shirts tomorrow.

Don’t worry about that kind of thing. You’ll probably be the only Zabrak there, the horns should make you very identifiable.

So we have due for release: 
Rise of the separatists  - Due in 2018, nearly a year late. 
Collapse of the Republic - Due, some time in 2019. 

Applies and Adversaries - Due in April 2019 

It is not looking too great right now is it. The BIG star wars convention - CHICAGO STAR WARS CELEBRATION!!!!  starts on the 11th of April and still no really tangible news on any of these releases. 
Our local gaming club had seen a bit drop off in FFG star wars RPGs being played as the content has just ceased being released. 
Its a shame. I just hope they get around to it soon. 

ROTS has now been over a 12 months late, even including a full re-print, it shouldn't take that long. 
At this rate it might be 2025 by the time COTR gets released. If they don't cancel the entire product line. 

The license must be due to end soon unless they re-negotiate it.  

3 minutes ago, Goose666 said:

ROTS has now been over a 12 months late, even including a full re-print, it shouldn't take that long.

How do you figure? It was announced August 10, 2018. While it has most certainly been quite longer than normal to receive (and an exceedingly long time "On the Boat"), I can't make the math come out to "over `12 months late" no matter how I crunch the numbers.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DegenerateGameGeek said:

According to Amazon, it's releasing on April 24th, but I can't find any other confirmation...

https://www.amazon.com/FFG-Star-Wars-RPG-Separatists/dp/1633443434/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=rise+of+the+separatists&qid=1554649308&s=gateway&sr=8-1

If this is true (and that's a big "if," as Amazon doesn't have the best track record), that would mean it should change status next week.  So we'll see.  But I'm skeptical, because FFG rarely releases two books a week apart (although it's been done before), and also the 24th is a Wednesday, and all books release on Thursdays.

EDIT:  However, if it IS true, then that'll be a busy week for me!  Rise releases (possibly on Wednesday, but probably Thursday), Joker for Smash releases the next day, then Endgame is out in theaters the day after!

Edited by Absol197

58 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Take heart!  Things have been updating on Fridays recently and...

...no, I couldn't even get through that with my usual optimism :( .

But, with Celebration coming up this weekend, we could see an announcement of some kind! Take heart, friends!