bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

On 2/17/2019 at 3:15 PM, TheJack said:

Here's to hoping they'll get it sent soon... It can't possibly be that much further, right...? 

I have a character in a game that should have a long section of downtime (in-character) in like a month or so (out-of-character)... I was hoping I could justify my character becoming more Jedi-like than she already is during this downtime, but to do that I need the books. Or at least the careers

I saw someone on another thread speculate that the books failed some quality assurance in the US and thus FFG had to do another print run (and thus another boat-run too), but they apparantly don't update the tracker when this happens... I really wish they'd at least tell us what's going on

I can confirm from a little bird that is what happened to the last book with this problem. The covers were warped. 

14 hours ago, Daeglan said:

I can confirm from a little bird that is what happened to the last book with this problem. The covers were warped.  

Assuming that that's correct it's joyous to actually hear what happened! Personally I've hated not knowing what was going on, so I'm very glad there is a logical reason beyond FFG hating us. While it would have saved them a lot of trouble I think to have just said that - maybe released a few teasers in the interim as a sorry - and assuming that is indeed true, it's a great relief to hear it.

7 hours ago, Jedifish said:

They should quit making these books in China. Make them in the US, I will even pay a little more.

Make FFG great again?

7 hours ago, Jedifish said:

They should quit making these books in China. Make them in the US, I will even pay a little more.

What if it turned out to be a lot more and the quality wasn't any better (or was even worse)? Is it so much more important to get it sooner? I imagine the answer only matters for the initial release, and after that the "sooner but more expensive" option will lose its luster in the eyes of many buyers. FFG has to consider more than just those that preorder.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, HappyDaze said:

What if it turned out to be a lot more and the quality wasn't any better (or was even worse)? Is it so much more important to get it sooner? I imagine the answer only matters for the initial release, and after that the "sooner but more expensive" option will lose its luster in the eyes of many buyers. FFG has to consider more than just those that preorder.

They could do both, the initial run locally and the reprint internationally.

The problem is RPGs are not a high profit thing any uptick in cost may make the idea as a hole worthless to do. Ad to that the FFG books are already above market leader in price (ie D&D) I know until I found a game group I was not spring on the $100 needed to play (core plus one side book and one dice set) yes you can use one set of books but that rarely works well long term. 

You can play with only one corebook. You can add one or met dices set for a more confortable play, but that isn't mandatory. Here corebooks are around 55€ for EotE and AoR and around 60€ for f&D. So with 60€ you can play for years only limited by your imagination to create adventures for your players. Or you can spend more money to buy the others books for SW FFG and run pre-made adventures.

I know this has been stated before. But will this book have rules to create “Jedi” characters or Padawans?  

Been mulling in my head a Rise or the Separatist game that takes place between episodes 1&2.  

Before snarky comment: I know there if force and destiny but will this book have special rules for Jedi?

thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

I know this has been stated before. But will this book have rules to create “Jedi” characters or Padawans?  

Been mulling in my head a Rise or the Separatist game that takes place between episodes 1&2.  

Before snarky comment: I know there if force and destiny but will this book have special rules for Jedi?

thanks. 

It's supposed to have a full on Jedi Career with three specializations associated with it. 

55 minutes ago, Sincereagape said:

Latest via amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/FFG-Star-Wars-RPG-Separatists/dp/1633443434

states book in stock on April 19th, 2019

As someone who's spent an inordinate amount of time tracking these things, don't put too much stock in Amazon.  They've been wrong before.  It'd be great, and I see it as plausible, but by no means a guaranteed thing. 

1 hour ago, Absol197 said:

As someone who's spent an inordinate amount of time tracking these things, don't put too much stock in Amazon.  They've been wrong before.  It'd be great, and I see it as plausible, but by no means a guaranteed thing. 

Yeah, Amazon release dates are definitely Legends (and not the good part of that group).

That release date falls really close to Star Wars Celebration 2019. That's where we should see our first looks at IX, Mandalorian, Resistance season 2, the new trilogies going forward, and most relevant to this books release, a Clone Wars panel and more info on the final Clone Wars season. It may be simply Star Wars synergy that has held this book back from us this whole time. It's too good from a marketing stand point to not do. I mean I would do that. Like, "Thanks for visiting the Clone Wars panel, on your way out stop by the Clone Wars swag" and there is the new Clone Wars supplement for the Star Wars RPG. It could attract fans who have not played FFG's Star Wars and are fans of the Clone Wars.

23 minutes ago, Drig said:

That release date falls really close to Star Wars Celebration 2019. That's where we should see our first looks at IX, Mandalorian, Resistance season 2, the new trilogies going forward, and most relevant to this books release, a Clone Wars panel and more info on the final Clone Wars season. It may be simply Star Wars synergy that has held this book back from us this whole time. It's too good from a marketing stand point to not do. I mean I would do that. Like, "Thanks for visiting the Clone Wars panel, on your way out stop by the Clone Wars swag" and there is the new Clone Wars supplement for the Star Wars RPG. It could attract fans who have not played FFG's Star Wars and are fans of the Clone Wars.

I doubt they held it  for synergy. Because they wouldnt have told us it was on the boat months ago if that was the plan

I was thinking it might have been a request by the people holding the Star Wars brand more than say FFG. During discussions, it might have been something FFG mentioned they had ready to release and it does relate to the event. 

But I also have no idea as I'm only a translator and not very knowledgeable in such things.

Posted (edited)

I can't think of any time since they began producing the Star Wars RPG product that they announce or released a Star Wars RPG product in coincidence with Celebrations, but yet, every year at least one person announces on these forums that they are expecting something from FFG.

They've mostly save their con announcements for GenCon.

Edited by kaosoe