bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

What makes career books more expensive per page? Is it that there are more images? Being shorter prevents proper industrial-scale production?

Edit: Also, at 29 cents per page, your career books would cost ~$28 to print. When you factor in shipping, liscensing, and development, there’s no way they would make money off of them at that price.

Edited by Yaccarus

5 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

What makes career books more expensive per page? Is it that there are more images? Being shorter prevents proper industrial-scale production?

Edit: Also, at 29 cents per page, your career books would cost ~$28 to print. When you factor in shipping, liscensing, and development, there’s no way they would make money off of them at that price.

I believe he's giving the retail price per page, i.e. what we pay as the customers, and he's just getting those numbers from averaging the cost of the books divided by the page counts. They absolutely aren't paying 0.29 USD per page to have them printed in China. Thus the career books are more expensive per page because the core books are far larger for only a marginally relative increased price.

55 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

I never said it was their cost, I simply did the math of what they're selling them at.

Shorter books equals fewer pages per binding equals higher cost per book, as in if youreselling the same or more career books than CRBs you're having to pay for more bindings.

My point was the books are being sold within price ranges of one another. The difference being primarily one has an expensive license cost as part of the overall overhead, and one does not. 

Edited by 2P51

Is it actually delayed or is this normal? I trust it'll be released as the rest obviously but a hard release date would be nice. I'm unsure why we couldn't at least be given a month it'd come out once the new year was in.

We've never been given a month only quarters even when things show up in the quarter they're supposed to. That should give some idea of what a pain in the *** it is for FFG getting things from China. I'm pretty sure they don't say anything because they don't know.

1 hour ago, Luahk said:

Is it actually delayed or is this normal? I trust it'll be released as the rest obviously but a hard release date would be nice. I'm unsure why we couldn't at least be given a month it'd come out once the new year was in.

I remember many delayed products, but I don't remember anything ever being in "on the boat" status for 5 months. I preorder many lines from FFG (Eldritch Horror, Arkham Horror LCG, Star Wars RPG, and a couple others), but I've also admittedly never watched a release date as closely as this one.

That said, if China is the issue, we have another several weeks minimum before we'll get movement from their side due to the Chinese New Year.

On 2/1/2019 at 5:58 PM, Smog said:

I remember many delayed products, but I don't remember anything ever being in "on the boat" status for 5 months. I preorder many lines from FFG (Eldritch Horror, Arkham Horror LCG, Star Wars RPG, and a couple others), but I've also admittedly never watched a release date as closely as this one.

That said, if China is the issue, we have another several weeks minimum before we'll get movement from their side due to the Chinese New Year.

Ghosts of Dathomir was on a nine month boat.

35 minutes ago, Stan Fresh said:

GMs, which Clone Wars era canon characters are you planning on using in your games, and how?

The campaign I run has already had the characters bump into CW-era Boba Fett and receive holo-instructions from General Grievous. I know we're definitely getting the latter but I wonder if we'll get a "kid" build of Boba for the Clone Wars or if they'll leave it since his adult profile is coming in Allies & Adversaries.

17 minutes ago, Kualan said:

The campaign I run has already had the characters bump into CW-era Boba Fett and receive holo-instructions from General Grievous. I know we're definitely getting the latter but I wonder if we'll get a "kid" build of Boba for the Clone Wars or if they'll leave it since his adult profile is coming in Allies & Adversaries.

Were the instructions from Grievous interrupted by a coughing fit? :D

1 hour ago, Stan Fresh said:

GMs, which Clone Wars era canon characters are you planning on using in your games, and how?

My team and I have already begun planning out a Republic Commando campaign. I've been working on homebrewing the Republic Commando class to balance it out and it's been interesting to try and do. I just want to wait on the book for stat blocks, the Jedi Knight tree, and more clone wars era stuff I can use in the campaign. We are excited for it, but every day I get to do the "Boat Check" and its become a meme in my group.

We all brace ourselves and pretend its like we're watching the winning field goal of the National Championship even though we know they're not going to even bring the teams out for another month or so and they've probably all be lost at sea anyway.

6 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

I'm hoping to get stats for Senate Guards. And the Siniteen bounty hunter Bric.

15 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

How many players want to take that?

Three out of my Four, and the last wants to be a jedi (already got him worked into the plot, so it's not game breaking and doesn't put him in immediate command). I've been working on the class with my players, so it's not all behind the screen. The goal is to make the class balanced while also providing plenty of room for specialization.

Each player can shoot the primary DC-17 with skill, but only one of them is effective with the DC-17 Anti-Armor attachment or the slicing equipment, for example. It's still a work n progress, but I think we're gonna have fun with it once we finish it and test it a bit.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, Stan Fresh said:

Dooku, Grievous, those General droids, the Zygarrian Monarch I’ve been toying with the idea of bad guy cut scenes.

3 minutes ago, Eoen said:

Dooku, Grievous, those General droids, the Zygarrian Monarch I’ve been toying with the idea of bad guy cut scenes.

Antagonist cutscenes (or just scenes, as I call them) are quintessential Star Wars. I've utilized them since I started DMing WEG Star Wars back in the 90s.

2 hours ago, Smog said:

Antagonist cutscenes (or just scenes, as I call them) are quintessential Star Wars. I've utilized them since I started DMing WEG Star Wars back in the 90s.

How do you use a cutscene in your game? Can you give me an example?