Jump to content
bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, themensch said:

Really?!?  I kinda liked it.  But diffren' strokes and whatnot.  I haven't played them.  What stuck out to you?  Maybe this thread is the wrong place for this discussion, I'll admit. 

I like Conan because it's really a very traditional game overall with some narrative mechanics attached that flow fairly well and don't really disrupt my immersion in the Hyborian world. I hate Star Trek Adventures because some narrative rule pops up every few seconds that completely ruins my immersion (this is especially a problem with the starships and crew).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

I like Conan because it's really a very traditional game overall with some narrative mechanics attached that flow fairly well and don't really disrupt my immersion in the Hyborian world. I hate Star Trek Adventures because some narrative rule pops up every few seconds that completely ruins my immersion (this is especially a problem with the starships and crew).

Ahh, I only have familiarity with the Conan version, which I thought was pretty keen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, themensch said:

Ahh, I only have familiarity with the Conan version, which I thought was pretty keen. 

"By Crom!" ejaculated Conan (The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian, p. 105).

The language sure has shifted in the last 80 years, but perhaps that line is where they got the title for the book...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple reprints just passed RotS and are shipping now, I don't think stuck in customs is the issue.

Edited by Andrewjo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Andrewjo said:

A couple reprints just passed RotS and are shipping now, I don't think stuck in customs is the issue.

Despite their normal tradition of not doing convention releases, I honestly believe they're just delaying it for the Star Wars Celebration in April. I hope I'm wrong, but it's starting to seem like it's either that or the joke we've been tossing around about the boat sinking is literally true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Smog said:

Despite their normal tradition of not doing convention releases, I honestly believe they're just delaying it for the Star Wars Celebration in April. I hope I'm wrong, but it's starting to seem like it's either that or the joke we've been tossing around about the boat sinking is literally true.

Hey, it could have gotten stuck in that giant trash island in the middle of the Pacific!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe those space whales (At the end of SW" Rebels series) took the boat into hyperspace with them?

Maybe the FFG base is trying to fend off an Imperial ground assault on their offices while they bug out.

Maybe FFG had to recruit the ship crew for an assault on the Death Star because it got loose from a copy of Dawn of Rebellion.

Maybe the boat left without a GPS and they're still looking for cell service to call the Aquatic AAA.

Maybe they were looking for a shortcut and decided to travel from Hong Kong by way of the Atlantic.

 

Just adding a few thoughts to the growing list of What if, maybes and conspiracy theories. lol

And for those wondering, I've noticed updates on the site happen by evening on Thursdays from US point of view, so checking everyday isn't really necessary.

 

Ooh! Maybe someone crossed the streams and the Terran Empire from the Mirror Universe "confiscated" the books AND the ship!

 

Edited by Mongriff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we're all sharing in a random sleep study and somehow the scientists tapped into a group dream state and initiated a nightmare and in reality, there is a posted release date and it it tomorrow.

 

Look on the brighter side of things. We're all able to think what we want and complain. Well, until the stormtroopers show up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with a bunch of reprints pretty much jumping ahead of the queue out of nowhere, I wonder if maybe FFG has made for a new arrangement to print the Star Wars line locally (much as I believe they do with Genesys), with RotS being the last book in the contract for the overseas printer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

So with a bunch of reprints pretty much jumping ahead of the queue out of nowhere, I wonder if maybe FFG has made for a new arrangement to print the Star Wars line locally (much as I believe they do with Genesys), with RotS being the last book in the contract for the overseas printer?

How much would be added to the cost of a SW book for it to be printed in the US and thus not vulnerable to the vicissitudes of long distance shipping?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scott McFarland said:

How much would be added to the cost of a SW book for it to be printed in the US and thus not vulnerable to the vicissitudes of long distance shipping?

In money: Probably like 5 dollars more per book before shipping

In memes: Memes would be reduced by 80%

In frustration for players: Players would be 90% less frustrated with FFG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

In money: Probably like 5 dollars more per book before shipping

In memes: Memes would be reduced by 80%

In frustration for players: Players would be 90% less frustrated with FFG

5 dollars? Ummm, am I the only person who thinks '**** yeah'? That's the price of a beer. And beer doesn't have stat blocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scott McFarland said:

5 dollars? Ummm, am I the only person who thinks '**** yeah'? That's the price of a beer. And beer doesn't have stat blocks.

My guess is a ballpark of 10-15 dollars for printing and shipping per book produced.

Printing in China, that’s going to be cheaper with a large percent of the costs being shipping.

Printing in the US, that’s going to be more expensive with a large percent of costs being printing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yaccarus said:

My guess is a ballpark of 10-15 dollars for printing and shipping per book produced.

Printing in China, that’s going to be cheaper with a large percent of the costs being shipping.

Printing in the US, that’s going to be more expensive with a large percent of costs being printing.

I'll pay an extra 15 dollars to have a book with the Jedi Knight talent tree in it last November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Wars CRBs are like 13 cents a page, career books 29 cents a page, appx. The Genesys books are like 15 and 19 cents a page.

I'd be willing to bet the overhead on the license for Star Wars and keeping it as low as possible is why they print in China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...