bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

2 hours ago, SavageBob said:

This thread is getting ridiculous with all the entitlement on display. 🤣

Wishing a company you ordered a product from would communicate why the product's been delayed by several months with no update isn't entitlement.

4 hours ago, Andrewjo said:

Wishing a company you ordered a product from would communicate why the product's been delayed by several months with no update isn't entitlement.

Have you emailed and asked?

At least you asked.  My little birds tell me they think soon, but the vibe I get is that FFG is not really in the precise know, and is more or less in the same spot as us in that when the shipment shows up it shows up.

I have to say, if I was FFG and I had a stock delivery tied up due to the shutdown, I wouldn't say a word about it. I wouldn't even think about it too loudly. The shitstorm of frothing, MAGA-hatted bile, hatred, death threats and potential armed attacks such a comment could trigger these days isn't worth it just to avoid some bad feeling on the part of their customers.

14 hours ago, Andrewjo said:

Yeah, I don't fault anyone for wishing it would come out or for being upset that we're in the dark. It's the "this is a slap in the face" and "this spells the end of the line" fearmongering I'm referring to.

I doubt it's a particularly interesting issue honestly. They announce these things in quarters, which is a pretty big window to begin with for things going 'normal'. I'm betting getting something printed in China and shipped here isn't quite as reliable as FedEx the next day...

23 hours ago, Andrewjo said:

Particularly if you've paid good money for a pre-order! 

Waiting for the inevitable cacastorm once others notice that the Genesys Android setting book has moved to “Shipping Now” (never mind that Genesys is printed domestically, thus avoiding true boat shipping and customs issues).

9 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

I got my notice of Shadow of the Beanstalk shipping......

Yep, came here to post the same - RotS seems to have been leapfrogged. I think Shadow of the Beanstalk only moved to On The Boat in the last two weeks?

Let rampant speculation commence.

21 minutes ago, Kualan said:

Yep, came here to post the same - RotS seems to have been leapfrogged. I think Shadow of the Beanstalk only moved to On The Boat in the last two weeks?

Let rampant speculation commence.

What’s to speculate? It’s  my understanding that Genesys materials are printed domestically, making “On the Boat” a figure of speech that fits FFG’s established statuses. Less transport time and no customs time required.

It is also of note that SotB skipped straight from "In Development" to "On the Boat".

And FFG doesn't have an "In the Warehouse" tag. It's possible that it's sitting there and has some reason they aren't releasing it yet.

Or it was sent back to the printer because of a screw up. They never back-track their tags.

Well, the shutdown is over for 3 weeks minimum. If it is caught up in customs, there will be a huge backlog to work through and it's no guarantee they'll get through quickly, but they'll at least stop being stuck in limbo. I still highly doubt that was the issue, but we'll see.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:20 AM, HappyDaze said:

Waiting for products for this line gives me plenty of time to read over other games and really understand why I like the FFG SW system... and why I hate it.

I've been going back through the Witcher Roleplaying Game that R. Talisorian released last spring and boy does it make me appreciate the Narrative Dice System more!

1 hour ago, evo454 said:

I've been going back through the Witcher Roleplaying Game that R. Talisorian released last spring and boy does it make me appreciate the Narrative Dice System more!

Reading 2d20 has been making me even more aware that I hate Jay Little's narrative mechanics.

Playing D6 SW reminded me that simple can be good and a real element of danger in combat is refreshing.

2 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

Reading 2d20 has been making me even more aware that I hate Jay Little's narrative mechanics.

Really?!?  I kinda liked it.  But diffren' strokes and whatnot.  I haven't played them.  What stuck out to you?  Maybe this thread is the wrong place for this discussion, I'll admit.