bblaney001

Rise of the Separtist's release date?

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, Desslok said:

Paging @Absol197! Abby please report to thread, stat!

Huh, what?

Oh right, my job here!

Sorry folks, I'm been caught up in the Smash Bros. hype and a couple other things, and I've been shirking my duties here :( .  I'll try to get you my estimate soon.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:25 PM, Absol197 said:

Huh, what?

Oh right, my job here!

Sorry folks, I'm been caught up in the Smash Bros. hype and a couple other things, and I've been shirking my duties here :( .  I'll try to get you my estimate soon.

We misses your shining face. The number crunching is secondary

On 11/3/2018 at 1:19 AM, Rimsen said:

1 of our locsl retailers dates the Separatist/Republic Adversary deck to 30 nov. Interesting enough they don't even list Rise of the Separatist

The what deck? First the new X-wing factions and now this? FFG needs to stop torturing us by leaking things to retailers before they get announced.

Man, I am so hyped for this book... My local comicbook store told me the release date was 1st of November, but when I showed up they told me it wasn't released yet and ruined my day

17 minutes ago, TheJack said:

Man, I am so hyped for this book... My local comicbook store told me the release date was 1st of November, but when I showed up they told me it wasn't released yet and ruined my day

Keep an eye on the Upcoming page. When it flips from “On the Boat” to “Shipping Now,” it should be 2 week until it hits stores (and changes to “In Stores Now”).

Edited by Nytwyng

10 hours ago, TheJack said:

;( Yeah I want to play in the pre Clone Wars era.

Edited by Eoen

On 11/13/2018 at 6:07 PM, Nytwyng said:

Keep an eye on the Upcoming page. When it flips from “On the Boat” to “Shipping Now,” it should be 2 week until it hits stores (and changes to “In Stores Now”).

Oh man am I. I check the Upcoming sections multiple times a week

Also, HOLY OMFG NEW PREVIEW

And the bottom of the preview has the following text:

>Join us next week for a sneak peek at the resources and advice the book provides Game Masters to make their campaigns evoke the grandeur of the Clone Wars!

Maybe this implies a new preview next week?

On 11/19/2018 at 6:40 AM, EliasWindrider said:

I'm betting that they hope it will be under people's Christmas trees. 

From a business perspective, they likely want to release it at the very start of December somewhere, so that it's ready for the christmas shopping season... but not too close to christmas either, otherwise people will have already bought gifts

It's still on the boat. It's 21 November. The status next after on the boat is shipping now, and it's two more weeks before the product is to be released. Do your maths. It's too late for the book to be available at the very start of December. At best it'll be released at middle December. It'll be too late for the Christmas shopping season which starts now, this week.

Edited by WolfRider

10 hours ago, WolfRider said:

It's still on the boat. It's 21 November. The status next after on the boat is shipping now, and it's two more weeks before the product is to be released. Do your maths. It's too late for the book to be available at the very start of December. At best it'll be released at middle December. It'll be too late for the Christmas shopping season which starts now, this week.

Given that most of the status updates to "Shipping Now" tend to occur on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and this week being a holiday week here in the U.S. (where FFG is based and does most of their shipping), it's not likely we're going to see an update until next week at the earliest, simply due to staff being on vacation for the holiday.

Soonest we can probably expect an update to "shipping now" would be next week, meaning it'd be on the shelves around the 14th of December, which is well past Black Friday which is the big shopping day in the U.S.  Then again, RPG products typically aren't impacted all that much by sales seasons, with the exception of gift sets, of which this book is not.

My guess (bases solely upon speculation) is that if we've not seen an update to "shipping now" by December 7th, then we're probably not seeing the book until January.

It sucks to wait, as I'm also eagerly anticipating getting this book, but it's the nature of the business, especially as it seems the SWRPG line is winding down in favor of newer lines such as Genesys and L5R that have a great deal more untapped potential.

Could it be that FFG is working behind the scenes on a second edition of the SWRPG line?  Possible, but we won't know until they announce it, since for all we know they might well be willing to only publish one or two RPG sourcebooks a year and instead make the bulk of their money off the various minis and card games, both of which are historically far more lucrative in terms of profits than RPGs.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:02 PM, Donovan Morningfire said:

Could it be that FFG is working behind the scenes on a second edition of the SWRPG line?  Possible, but we won't know until they announce it, since for all we know they might well be willing to only publish one or two RPG sourcebooks a year and instead make the bulk of their money off the various minis and card games, both of which are historically far more lucrative in terms of profits than RPGs. 

Well, this is likely the potentially most lucrative time to be holding onto the SW license considering there are lots of new movies coming out nearly every year, as well as a Live Action TV show coming soon. All this means new lore, new characters, new locations, etc etc. So winding down seems unlikely unless the terms of the license has changed (i.e. Disney wanting more money for the license or something like that) though a second edition might certainly be likely. But remember what FFG did with the WH40K license towards the end; they made Dark Heresey 2nd edition, pumped out a couple of books then shut the line down.

10 minutes ago, alphastryke said:

But remember what FFG did with the WH40K license towards the end; they made Dark Heresey 2nd edition, pumped out a couple of books then shut the line down.

What people seem to forget with this is that FFG losing the warhammer licenses had more to do with GW than anything else. It wasn't that they weren't happy with FFG, they just wanted a bigger piece of the pie and more control (from what I've heard/read). The Mouse hasn't issued any statements so we have to presume that they have no issues with that (And unlike GW, that wanted to bring a lot of their licensed products back in house, Disney doesn't have that option... yet).

We've already heard, the line is focusing more on region books and era books . No mention of 2nd ed has been made. At this rate we just wait (as patiently as we can) and see.

I've got this ordered and am looking forward to it. At the same time, I'd be just fine with no more era books, instead concentrating on region books. The Corporate Sector and Zygerian space would probably be the first two that I'd like to see, as well as more details about Wild Space and the Unknown Region. Whichever order would be fine with me. I'd most likely buy Old Republic era books, especially if they had new species, new careers and specializations, new talents, and maybe a Force power or two for the Force-using NPC's that turn up now and then (since my players have expressed zero interest in being Force users/sensitives).

Edited by the mercenary