Cgriffith

Countess Ryad & Rexler Brath

Does this seem as fun and efficient as it looks?

Rexler has the ability after your target has taken damage to expose a card. Ryad has the ability to k-turn at any range in arc, making prockets very efficient especially with Juke. (A little less in this regard for Rexler) then there’s the addition of tractor beam, I know unusual but very interesting as the damage you deal all goes towards tokens, increasing the chance (if used properly) of effectively disabling ships by moving them on obstacles, stressing them and making them take additional damage. Or the funnier thing tractoring them right into your firing arc for fully modded attacks.

Thoughts?

TIE/D Defender - •Countess Ryad - 100
    •Countess Ryad - Cutthroat Politico (86)
        Juke (4)
        Tractor Beam (3)
        Proton Rockets (7)

TIE/D Defender - •Rexler Brath - 98
    •Rexler Brath - Onyx Leader (84)
        Juke (4)
        Tractor Beam (3)
        Proton Rockets (7)

Total: 198/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

4 minutes ago, Greebwahn said:

Ryad with Outmaneuver/AdSen is WILDLY mean.

That being said, with Double Ds, I like Rex with Juke/FCS and Vessey with Juke and choice of System

I usually run CD/Juke on both of them but I was trying to see if something like I suggested is feasible. But when you run two Defenders almost anything is within reason.

3 hours ago, Spartan_Dude said:

So do you roll for damage at the end of the turn?

Nope, the timing of the trigger to roll is long gone. It would even let you take an action after going over an asteroid, shoot on an asteroid, and avoid stress from debris.

10 minutes ago, Innese said:

Nope, the timing of the trigger to roll is long gone. It would even let you take an action after going over an asteroid, shoot on an asteroid, and avoid stress from debris.

Oh ****! Okay I now see why it's so good. I thought it was just postponing the effects.

I like your list, but my favorite is still Ryad and Rexler with Advanced Sensors and Outmaneuver for a multitude of options. If you don't have to use adv sensors but you can still gain an outmaneuver bonus you get modded attacks vs reduced defenses. But adv sensors are always there to keep you from being hit and you still are typically shooting at reduced agility. It's dual purpose and highly effective. Also, while it seems boring, it's actually very intensive - you're constantly thinking about position and exhilarating to fly.

35 minutes ago, Bad Idea Comics said:

Also, while it seems boring, it's actually very intensive - you're constantly thinking about position and exhilarating to fly.

I second this. It was almost too much for me!

My opponents were the ones getting bored. Rolling half as much dice as usual. If they were lucky :D

My issue with the original list is the uneven pilot skill Initiative.  Tractor Beam tricks will probably work best when all ships have the same initiative, so that maybe Countess could set up a shot for Rexler, not just the other way around.  But the list would be 202 points with Countess/Vessery.  Maybe Vessery/Onyx is the way to go.  Both could run with FCS, too.

Of course, my favorite double-Defender list is a pair of no-upgrade Deltas, and a Palp Omicron.  Who needs high Initiative when you just have tonnes of dice mods and white K-Turns and can freely boost and barrel roll, with a big, tempting Lambda eating a few rounds of fire.