Sign in to follow this  

For xp, i am toying with giving out 3xp per session (we tend to play 4-6 hours). I will supplement that with 1 xp if your ninjo and/or giri comes up. We also give out 'style points', where party members can award another player for something outstanding they were involved in for the session (1xp per player).

Thoughts?

The standard, as RAW, is 1 xp per hour of play. But you're free to distribute xp at whatever pace you choose. As long as you and your players are content with the rate of advancement it should be fine.

6 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

For xp, i am toying with giving out 3xp per session (we tend to play 4-6 hours). I will supplement that with 1 xp if your ninjo and/or giri comes up. We also give out 'style points', where party members can award another player for something outstanding they were involved in for the session (1xp per player).

Thoughts?

That pretty much puts you just a hair shy of standard rate. If that's intentional, great.

Noting that, for ring 1, 20 curriculum XP spend is needed, and most are going to spend at least 12 outside on raising 2 low rings to 2... that means 14 more in school, so at a typical of 4, you're still looking at 26 or so to rank 2, or 6-8 sessions to rank 2. And probably another 7-10 for rank 3. That pace work for you?

8 hours ago, AK_Aramis said:

That pretty much puts you just a hair shy of standard rate. If that's intentional, great.

Noting that, for ring 1, 20 curriculum XP spend is needed, and most are going to spend at least 12 outside on raising 2 low rings to 2... that means 14 more in school, so at a typical of 4, you're still looking at 26 or so to rank 2, or 6-8 sessions to rank 2. And probably another 7-10 for rank 3. That pace work for you?

Thank you, that was the kind of number crunching I need. I will adjust.