Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cgriffith

* Top Ten Cards ~ Right Now (What are they?)

Recommended Posts

This isn’t a thread about cards that need to be nerfed, nor is it one that is a popularity contest based on usage. It’s a thread based on efficiency, cost and threat level. So with that said what are the top ten cards right now (Pilot/Upgrade/Bomb/Crew etc.) in your opinion.

In no particular order:

Scum - Han Solo (Gunner)

Scum - Boba Fett (Pilot)

Title - Maruader 

Scum - Jakku Gunrunner (Pilot)

Empire - Darth Vader (Crew)

Empire - Redline (Pilot)

Empire - Admiral Sloane (Crew)

Rebels - Luke Skywalker (Pilot)

Rebels - Sabine (Pilot)

Bombs - Proton Bombs

 

What is your top ten? Thoughts

 

Edited by Cgriffith
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off the too of my head:

Fenn Rau - Scum Pilot

Boba Fett - Scum Pilot

Barrage Rockets

Han Solo - Scum Gunner

Proton Torpedoes

Servomotor S-Foils

Juke

Supernatural Reflexes

Redline Pilot

Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker tied because they're both high skill based, but they are also fragile if you make mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cgriffith said:

In no particular order:

Scum - Han Solo (Gunner)

Scum - Boba Fett (Pilot)

Title - Maruader 

Scum - Jakku Gunrunner (Pilot)

Empire - Darth Vader (Crew)

Empire - Redline (Pilot)

Empire - Admiral Sloane (Crew)

Rebels - Luke Skywalker (Pilot)

Rebels - Sabine (Pilot)

Bombs - Proton Bombs

 

Locally not seeing many proton bombs or Vader & Sloane crew or Gunrunner, Redline, & Sabine pilots. I would remove those 6 and add Proton Torpedoes as the most common upgrade at the top of the list, 0-0-0 crew, Vader & Whisper pilots, Juke talent, and Advanced Sensors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's more about the complete package in my opinion. An upgrade can be ok on one thing and broken op on another. Some pilots are pretty dependent on certain upgrades, etc. Definitely not a nerf request. I have used every single one of these ships in a few games now personally and enjoy them all. 

Boba Fett Firespray w/ Han gunner and Marauder title

Whisper w/ Vader Crew, Juke, and Collision Detector

Redline with Proton Torps and either Bombs /Traj. Sim or Advanced Sensors. Deathrain with Proton Torps and Bombs/Traj. Sim. 

4-LOM w/ Advanced Sensors and 0-0-0

Palob w/ Moldy Crow 

Generic Tugboat mini-swarm

Wedge I guess? Sabine? Supernatural Luke is so good, but maybe just eats too much of the list? I still find it very difficult to build anything Rebel that approaches the efficiency of the other stuff I listed. 

Edited by RebelProfundity
Sloane is very powerful, but I have zero experience with or against her unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In no order, other than two groups - because it's too much effort to think about

 

Too good - I expect a points hike in Jan

Traj Simulator

Redline

Whisper (although mainly with Juke Combo)

Fenn Rau 

 

Very Good - possibly effected in Jan, but solid choices all the time!

Wedge, Luke and Thane (Grouping these three because I'm of the opinion that X-Wings are excellent baseline ships against which others should be judged. But why can you get all three with loads of points left over? Also, my current list)

Proton torpedos (remind me of Harpoons in a sense, in that why would you take any other ordinance if you can afford them?)

Mouldy Crow

Boba Pilot

Han Gunner (Scum)

0-0-0

Juke

Jendon

 

Maybe I'm biased because I only fly rebels, but there seems to be a real lack of proper options for Rebels. I do think 3 X's is the only properly competitive list out there, Nordic Nationals notwithstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised not to see more Palob on these lists. Mine would be (in no order)

  • Scum Han Gunner
  • Boba Fett
  • Palob
  • Moldy Crow
  • Jakku Gunrunner
  • Redline
  • Deathrain
  • Marauder Title

I start to struggle after that, and even some of those are probably fine. I think even some small adjustments to the above would help balance things out, though in some cases a much bigger increase may be warranted (Hand and the Quadjumper, I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 hours ago, RebelProfundity said:

It's more about the complete package in my opinion. An upgrade can be ok on one thing and broken op on another. Some pilots are pretty dependent on certain upgrades, etc. Definitely not a nerf request. I have used every single one of these ships in a few games now personally and enjoy them all. 

Boba Fett Firespray w/ Han gunner and Marauder title

Whisper w/ Vader Crew, Juke, and Collision Detector

Redline with Proton Torps and either Bombs /Traj. Sim or Advanced Sensors. Deathrain with Proton Torps and Bombs/Traj. Sim. 

4-LOM w/ Advanced Sensors and 0-0-0

Palob w/ Moldy Crow 

Generic Tugboat mini-swarm

Wedge I guess? Sabine? Supernatural Luke is so good, but maybe just eats too much of the list? I still find it very difficult to build anything Rebel that approaches the efficiency of the other stuff I listed. 

I would add Sloane. She can become pretty ridiculous in the right hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norra, wedge, boba, han gunner, Drea, moldy crow, proton torps, deathrain, whisper, trajectory simulator. There are more but what’s interesting is that the hot cards seem to spread amongst all the factions right now. And each faction has great stuff, good stuff, and what the **** are they doing stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 10:16 AM, shakaumruk said:

my personal:  1: elusive

If I could’ve added another card to my list it’d been Elusive. In my local meta this card is almost in half the lists I’ve played against 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very surprised to see any Rebels being talked about in this thread other than Super Luke. High PS alpha is about the only other thing that even seems remotely close to the power of things like Vader crew, Sloane and Whisper but that’s mostly because Proton Torps are a little to good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 1:13 PM, Cgriffith said:

This isn’t a thread about cards that need to be nerfed, nor is it one that is a popularity contest based on usage. It’s a thread based on efficiency, cost and threat level. So with that said what are the top ten cards right now (Pilot/Upgrade/Bomb/Crew etc.) in your opinion.

In no particular order:

Scum - Han Solo (Gunner)

Scum - Boba Fett (Pilot)

Title - Maruader 

Scum - Jakku Gunrunner (Pilot)

Empire - Darth Vader (Crew)

Empire - Redline (Pilot)

Empire - Admiral Sloane (Crew)

Rebels - Luke Skywalker (Pilot)

Rebels - Sabine (Pilot)

Bombs - Proton Bombs

 

What is your top ten? Thoughts

 



Aside from Luke, Sabine, and Sloane this pretty accurately captures the theme of the Mynock Open that is wrapping up at the moment.  Just replace them with Fel, Juke, and 0-0-0 and you're pretty much there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 12:53 PM, player3010587 said:

I have no idea what the top 10 should be, but Juke should be pretty high on it.

Not sure... But I can totally agree that for certain platforms like Defenders and Phantoms, it is a pretty negative play experience and should probably be costed higher for them specifically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are cards needed when we got a (broken down) shipbuilding app? I have always been on the argument that X-wing is a miniatures game and not a card game. With 2.0 I thought that would have been established with a sort of hybrid design go the miniatures and electronics. But with OP regulation on needing the cards as well (because the app is not reliable) and how players judge the effectiveness of said mechanic solely on the cards it has become apparent that you can't separate the cards from X-wing for whatever reason. Kind of odd how this all came to be, how the models cannot be separated from the cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 3:47 PM, Houston8665 said:

I am very surprised to see any Rebels being talked about in this thread other than Super Luke. High PS alpha is about the only other thing that even seems remotely close to the power of things like Vader crew, Sloane and Whisper but that’s mostly because Proton Torps are a little to good.

In my meta rebels are the most played faction. I’m running ten/Norra/Blount/thane or cassian. We have a rebel mini swarm player with b’s or x’s. Another one has been running various lists. We also have a scum falcon player, 2 imperial swarm players and some newbies. I think our local meta is an aberration compared to tournaments, but I have found several rebel lists that do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...