3 minutes ago, iseirious said:

I can see that the PDF has some updated rules, like some redundant choices have been replaced. I would very much like to have an errata so i know where changes have been made, instead of reading the entire book again, hoping to find changes from the physical book.

At this point, they should release an errata document. Unless they are waiting for more feedbacks to make sure they cover all the issues, which would also make sense.

2 hours ago, Avatar111 said:

Unless they are waiting for more feedbacks to make sure they cover all the issues, which would also make sense.

Probably. Consider many international players like me haven't been able to get our hands on the book, they should wait a while longer for all the feedback. Knowing FFG, an errata will come

19 minutes ago, Kyasanur said:

PDF has two page 273s and no page 274 (first page of mass combat).

On the assumption FFG will clean up the file with further errata and buyers will get to exchange their faulty copy, I'll probably pick one up over the weekend.

1 hour ago, Myrion said:

It's on drivethruRPG, and every other RPG on there that I own simply updates the file, which I can then redownload. I expect this will work the same way. 

This. I bought most of the FFG 40k line as hardbacks, but getting errata-ed versions of the PDF is a godsend. I love the fact that drivethruRPG also flags up when one of your files has been updated, too.

13 hours ago, Avatar111 said:

At this point, they should release an errata document. Unless they are waiting for more feedbacks to make sure they cover all the issues, which would also make sense.

Would love to have errata before we Session 0 character gen this weekend.

i was obviously expecting better. on the bright side, I welcome the new curriculum options, I like the Ide Trader Fix, and I think the Asahina are top tier now if "objects" also includes earthquakes... Their ability isn't once per scene! thats a lot of added opportunities!! compare that to the Doji.. who gets "once per scene" for only persuade/influence...  oof. balanced...

The wait action change is legit also.

edit: the rising blade fix makes is situationally better than crossing cut. doesnt make duels anything else but a mini skirmish with a composure countdown, but at least the technique is valid.

on the dark side; the zanbato fix (who wants to use a tetsubo now?) are very "meh". It is still missing quite a few adjustments to other stuff...

Edited by Avatar111

9 minutes ago, Avatar111 said:

on the dark side; The rising blade fix (doesnt change a thing, still bad) and the zanbato fix (who wants to use a tetsubo now?) are very "meh". It is still missing quite a few adjustments to other stuff...

rising blade is now a TN1 check vs compromised where they can't defend the damage. It is an auto-win (and probably auto-kill) technique for finishing blows in duels and can really hurt someone on a skirmish. It is still not as good as Crossing Cut, generally, but if you are fighting in Entangling terrain you'll really regret having only Crossing Cut

Edited by omnicrone

1 minute ago, JBento said:

Rising Blade now has a TN of 1 for Finishing Blows and Compromised targets (which it autocrits). That's not... not changes a thing.

oh true. will edit, that change a thing.

3 minutes ago, omnicrone said:

rising blade is now a TN1 check vs compromised where they can't defend the damage. It is an auto-win (and probably auto-kill) technique for finishing blows in duels and can really hurt someone on a skirmish. It is still not as good as Crossing Cut, generally, but if you are fighting in Entangling terrain you'll really regret having only Crossing Cut

yeah, it definitely makes the technique legit. i mean, TN1 is 1 lower than crossing cut TN2, so probably one more kept opportunity to raise the DLS of the katana.

doesn't save first strike duels "gameplay", still gonna be a skirmish with a composure countdown, still gonna be earth stance ruled, but comparing crossing cut to rising blade I think they are both good now, still slightly favoring crossing cut in most cases as 1TN difference is not "that" impressive. but it does have a solid edge vs compromised targets and works when immobilized.

1 hour ago, WHW said:

Majority of the beginners game deal is physical bling. I don't expect it to make to the PDF for this very reason. 

Which is why the PDF could be very reasonably priced! I don't care much for anything else included in the box, since my games are running online, but having the adventure would be worth $10-$15 for me.