Jump to content
Duciris

Shipping Now

Recommended Posts

After the Team Covenant fiasco I put an order in for Barkham Horror at Amazon and setup a in-stock alert for miniaturemarket.com. I got a message saying the Amazon order couldn't be fulfilled but as soon as I got a notice from miniaturemarket I was able to place an order there and get my set. I see they are out of stock now as well so that stock lasted only a couple of days.

I plan to stick with Team Covenant because it really is nice not to have to worry about when anything comes out and order it. It just shows up at the house. Luckily, this is the first time this has happened to me using them and I know it wasn't their fault (they turned in their numbers months ago but still got less than they asked for). Hopefully this doesn't happen again in the future.

Hope everyone that wanted it got it. I have a feeling this set might not get a reprint anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, happy_ythogtha said:

capitulated and got Stella and Nathaniel along with Winnie, so I'm in the same boat. i'm still playing Winnie and Father Mat at the start of Dunwich, and i'd like to throw Zoey in there for a scenario maybe, but now i want to play Nathaniel too.  i didn't expect to have this problem with liking so many of the characters!

I hear you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

I hear you! 

bwhahaha ~ last night i started building a deck for Stella (i like the investigator packs as-is, but i like seeing what i can pull from elsewhere as well). but now i want to shoehorn Stella in somewhere (i really like her!). is to possible to play both Dunwich branches simultaneously with different investigators? XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Steeljaw said:

After the Team Covenant fiasco I put an order in for Barkham Horror at Amazon and setup a in-stock alert for miniaturemarket.com. I got a message saying the Amazon order couldn't be fulfilled but as soon as I got a notice from miniaturemarket I was able to place an order there and get my set. I see they are out of stock now as well so that stock lasted only a couple of days.

I plan to stick with Team Covenant because it really is nice not to have to worry about when anything comes out and order it. It just shows up at the house. Luckily, this is the first time this has happened to me using them and I know it wasn't their fault (they turned in their numbers months ago but still got less than they asked for). Hopefully this doesn't happen again in the future.

Hope everyone that wanted it got it. I have a feeling this set might not get a reprint anytime soon.

I blame Covid-19.  I think everyone realized they need to occupy themselves with fewer cohorts, and for board gamers it requires solo/cooperative play.  This has ravaged Arkham & Marvel products.

They put in their orders something like 6 months in advance and FFG delayed their release schedule by 2 months during the stay-at-home order.  No one saw this coming eight months ago.  Hopefully, we see them increase future orders and I expect them to already have been slamming the REPRINT button on the affected product lines.

Edited by Duciris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Duciris said:

I blame Covid-19.  I think everyone realized they need to occupy themselves with fewer cohorts, and for board gamers it requires solo/cooperative play.  This has ravaged Arkham & Marvel products.

They put in their orders something like 6 months in advance and FFG delayed their release schedule by 2 months during the stay-at-home order.  No one saw this coming eight months ago.  Hopefully, we see them increase future orders and I expect them to already have been slamming the REPRINT button on the affected product lines.

most definitely! i hadn't given Arkham Horror a thought in a good while until the lockdown hit back in March. then i came back to it with a vengeance and have been trying to acquire everything since.  i'm sure i'm not the only one who found renewed interest in playing or who got started because of the isolation mandates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 10:33 AM, Duciris said:

I blame Covid-19.  I think everyone realized they need to occupy themselves with fewer cohorts, and for board gamers it requires solo/cooperative play.  This has ravaged Arkham & Marvel products.

I am 100% part of the problem. The pandemic not only prevented me from playing with friends, but caused my family members to retreat to their respective corners, so while I initially thought we'd play more games together, they have barely wanted to play any. That's what got me into solo gaming.

I started with things I hadn't been able to get them into (7th Continent and Gloomhaven) tried solo versions of some games I liked competitively (like Wingspan) and found that playing against automa was unsatisfying to me, purchased Mage Knight due to its stellar solo reviews and found that I really preferred campaign/legacy play (just when your Mage Knight deck gets good, the game is over, whereas in Gloomhaven I would find myself getting a little bored during a scenario, but as soon as it was over and got new cards and gear, I was fired up to play again), and that's what led me to Arkham Horror LCG. So, my apologies to al the long-time fans for my role in the shortage, but this game has saved my sanity (oh, the irony!), so thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coldt0es said:

I am 100% part of the problem. The pandemic not only prevented me from playing with friends, but caused my family members to retreat to their respective corners, so while I initially thought we'd play more games together, they have barely wanted to play any. That's what got me into solo gaming.

I started with things I hadn't been able to get them into (7th Continent and Gloomhaven) tried solo versions of some games I liked competitively (like Wingspan) and found that playing against automa was unsatisfying to me, purchased Mage Knight due to its stellar solo reviews and found that I really preferred campaign/legacy play (just when your Mage Knight deck gets good, the game is over, whereas in Gloomhaven I would find myself getting a little bored during a scenario, but as soon as it was over and got new cards and gear, I was fired up to play again), and that's what led me to Arkham Horror LCG. So, my apologies to al the long-time fans for my role in the shortage, but this game has saved my sanity (oh, the irony!), so thanks for that.

I'm an only child, so I've always been into solo play.  Blitzed through Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion a few weeks ago.  I think the map book allowed for really varied play so it hardly got stale, but you definitely identified the reward loop of that franchise!

Welcome to the community!  I'm almost a cycle behind on Arkham so as long as you don't prevent me from getting the newest Marvel: LCG product, then no worries! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duciris said:

I'm an only child, so I've always been into solo play.  Blitzed through Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion a few weeks ago.  I think the map book allowed for really varied play so it hardly got stale, but you definitely identified the reward loop of that franchise!

Welcome to the community!  I'm almost a cycle behind on Arkham so as long as you don't prevent me from getting the newest Marvel: LCG product, then no worries! 😜

never had much interest for Gloomhaven until i saw Frosthaven. am considering playing Jaws of the Lion just to see if i even like the mechanics, etc. for solo play, would you say it's as fun as Arkham Horror or is just a lot of endless fiddly mechanics with a tissue-thin story?  i've watched videos and i honestly can't tell. i played oldschool D & D back in the day but not sure i'm into the dungeon crawl anymore. 

on topic: none of my pre-orders shipped so i have the sads, but plenty of AH content to play while i wait.  : D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 8:37 AM, happy_ythogtha said:

never had much interest for Gloomhaven until i saw Frosthaven. am considering playing Jaws of the Lion just to see if i even like the mechanics, etc. for solo play, would you say it's as fun as Arkham Horror or is just a lot of endless fiddly mechanics with a tissue-thin story?  i've watched videos and i honestly can't tell. i played oldschool D & D back in the day but not sure i'm into the dungeon crawl anymore. 

on topic: none of my pre-orders shipped so i have the sads, but plenty of AH content to play while i wait.  : D

The mechanics are solid.  Jaws of the Lion has an excellent learn-to-play section (the first 5 scenarios).  The narrative is a single quest line with 2 branching points and optional side quests.  It's pretty thin - you're mercenaries and someone's doing something bad: go get 'em.

You will need to play 2 characters if you're rolling solo.  I recommend Hatchet & the Demolitionist, but if you want a little more challenge then go with the Red Guard & Voidwarden.  The Voidwarden isn't as adept at combat (more support) as the other 3.  She does rock mid & late campaign though (her and Red Guard are who I went with during my play).

Edited by Duciris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Duciris said:

The mechanics are solid.  Jaws of the Lion has an excellent learn-to-play section (the first 5 scenarios).  The narrative is a single quest line with 2 branching points and optional side quests.  It's pretty thin - you're mercenaries and someone's doing something bad: go get 'em.

You will need to play 2 characters if you're rolling solo.  I recommend Hatchet & the Demolitionist, but if you want a little more challenge then go with the Red Guard & Voidwarden.  The Voidwarden as adept at combat (more support) as the other 3.  She does rock mid & late campaign though (her and Red Guard are who I went with during my play).

thanks for that! still thinking about it. as my recent Arkham purchases are gradually rolling in, maybe i have my hands full for now.

and my Barkham shipped! yay!  i thought i was going to have to chalk it. now we'll have to see whether Innsmouth ships next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had email confirmation. Innsmouth is on its way....

After the recent debacle surrounding the release of MC Rise of the Red Skull in the UK, leaving many of us who pre-ordered empty-handed I was somewhat apprehensive about the release of Innsmouth.

Now all I need is reliable supply of the scenario packs... I don't usually open the deluxe box until I've got all the scenario packs to hand - so that's six months from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my "Order Shipped Confirmation Notification" for Marvel LCG: Kang this morning and Innsmouth just a moment ago, but UPS and the USPS are disavowing all knowledge so maybe the past tense is more optimistic than accurate.  [Pre-order from FFG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
From: ASMODEE NORTH AMERICA
Tracking Number:  
Ship To:  
UPS Service: UPS SurePost
Number of Packages: 1
Scheduled Delivery: 10/03/2020
Weight: 2.0 LBS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 2:56 PM, Duciris said:

I received my "Order Shipped Confirmation Notification" for Marvel LCG: Kang this morning and Innsmouth just a moment ago, but UPS and the USPS are disavowing all knowledge so maybe the past tense is more optimistic than accurate.  [Pre-order from FFG]

I have figured out that I get the email it’s been shipped, when actually they have created the label and UPS is picking it up to take to their main sorting place in Minnesota. For me, the next day the UPS tracking number works. USPS’s tracking number is useless until UPS has delivered the package to them to deliver to you.
So it has shipped, it just hasn’t been scanned in and recorded by UPS yet. It’s on its way. I am almost afraid to ask which you are more excited to get...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2020 at 1:34 PM, Soakman said:

USPS is getting ready to ship my TC copy of Innsmouth too. Hooray!

We got ours on Sunday and are going to take Trish and Mary to some seriously Deep Pits. Re-play of scenario 3 is on the books for later tonight or tomorrow. 

Edited by Mimi61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

We got ours on Sunday and are going to take Trish and Mary to some seriously Deep Pits. Re-play of scenario 3 is on the books for later tonight or tomorrow. 

Ooh exciting. And I just got notification my Innsmouth will be delivered today! On my birthday, what a nice surprise. :) I suspect Trish and Mary are going to make their way into Innsmouth here. Very excited to try Trish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Soakman said:

Ooh exciting. And I just got notification my Innsmouth will be delivered today! On my birthday, what a nice surprise. :) I suspect Trish and Mary are going to make their way into Innsmouth here. Very excited to try Trish.

happy birthday!  : D

i'm hoping my Innsmouth will be here by tomorrow (it's at my distribution center currently). if not, Monday for sure.

i should also be getting The Secret Name and Barkham today, which will be the last mythos and scenario pack i needed to complete all the cycles and extras. whoohoo! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soakman said:

Ooh exciting. And I just got notification my Innsmouth will be delivered today! On my birthday, what a nice surprise. :) I suspect Trish and Mary are going to make their way into Innsmouth here. Very excited to try Trish.

Happy birthday!

Mine will arrive today too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...