Jump to content
Duciris

Shipping Now

Recommended Posts

Yes. My FOGS (Games Lore) has had this pegged for the 18th for a while. I think if we have learned anything from the Investigator Packs it is that you shouldn't hang around waiting for release before getting your order in (in fact many people couldn't get their pre-orders fulfilled for the Investigators). My guess is that demand will outstrip supply for this, even though it is a quirky comedy sidebar rather than a real addition to the LCG. I'm really looking forward to giving it a whirl...I wonder whether FFG are going to be a little more careful with future April Fool's Day spoofs now that they understand the community reactions they provoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Careful? Heck, I think it should encourage them to be even more crazy and creative, knowing these gags double as marketing trial balloons.

(Dagon take it, I had to edit H-E-double-hockeysticks to "heck" because of algorithmic policing of this forum. Verbiage referencing damnation is beyond the pale in a venue about a horror game? Good grief.)

Edited by Carthoris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Dee said:

Yes. My FOGS (Games Lore) has had this pegged for the 18th for a while. I think if we have learned anything from the Investigator Packs it is that you shouldn't hang around waiting for release before getting your order in (in fact many people couldn't get their pre-orders fulfilled for the Investigators). My guess is that demand will outstrip supply for this, even though it is a quirky comedy sidebar rather than a real addition to the LCG. I'm really looking forward to giving it a whirl...I wonder whether FFG are going to be a little more careful with future April Fool's Day spoofs now that they understand the community reactions they provoke.

It's been sold out on Asmodee NA for a while.

I hope they swing bigger on April Fool's Day from now on!  This was a silly little thing, let's aim for the moon, Man!

  • A steam punk robot invasion in Arkham Horror 3e!
  • The coop defense of Rex against a single invasion force destroying planets and races as they go through Twilight Imperium 4e!
  • The blitzkrieg-ing panzers of the Afrika Korps led by Rommel through Descent: Journeys in the Dark!
  • A faction of 2D stick-figure people armed with lightsabers for Keyforge!

Let's go big or go home on April 1st!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 4:08 PM, CaffeineAddict said:

Just got my notification from gameslore that the investigators have shipped. Downside, I'm off for a long Bank Holiday weekend first thing in the morning, and wont be home to try them out until Tuesday night!

Annoyingly, no parcel upon my return. For some reason, this one needs signing for, so they wouldn't leave it, and they can't rearrange delivery for a couple of days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Duciris said:

It's been sold out on Asmodee NA for a while.

I hope they swing bigger on April Fool's Day from now on!  This was a silly little thing, let's aim for the moon, Man!

  • A steam punk robot invasion in Arkham Horror 3e!
  • The coop defense of Rex against a single invasion force destroying planets and races as they go through Twilight Imperium 4e!
  • The blitzkrieg-ing panzers of the Afrika Korps led by Rommel through Descent: Journeys in the Dark!
  • A faction of 2D stick-figure people armed with lightsabers for Keyforge!

Let's go big or go home on April 1st!!!

Cross-over cards between the various LCGs! Rules to use Five Rings heroes as investigators!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my Shipping Soon notification for Barkham & Under Dark Waves (the first big-box expansion for AH3).

pahc01_main.pngahb05-box-left500.png

(My Red Skull (release date of tomorrow) still hasn't been shipped.  If it doesn't come in time for some of the holiday weekend, I will be particularly putout.)

Edited by Duciris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Duciris said:

(My Red Skull (release date of tomorrow) still hasn't been shipped.  If it doesn't come in time for some of the holiday weekend, I will be particularly putout.)

Edited 7

That really would stink, but didn’t The Hulk just magically show up with no official shipping notice? 🤞🏻 
It’s too bad you can’t just go to the warehouse and pick it up! 

Not that it will make any difference, but I sent Asmodee an email last week and asked if they could please consider shipping products a day or two sooner. Since changing carriers it’s taking 5-6 days for things to arrive, instead of the 2-3 days of yore. They now use UPS to deliver to USPS. Tracking is worse too, because when UPS hands it off to USPS, it disappears (if you ever had tracking to begin with). And since UPS is the first carrier, they schedule the delivery date, which for us, is always after the release date. Even if it arrives at their final facility with days to spare, it just sits there. Our 5 investigators sat for almost two days at the Salt Lake UPS depot, before UPS delivered them to our Post Office for final delivery. Why? Because they had scheduled delivery for Saturday. It could just as easily have been delivered Friday, or even Thursday in a pinch. To be sure, there are way worse things happening in the world, but at least this has a very simple solution. Ship it a day or two sooner! They charge accounts 10 days before release, so that is plenty of time for them to get the product to people by release.
Even if they used horses...or sled dogs.
Ok, maybe not horses, but for sure sled dogs! 

Edited by Mimi61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's kind of annoying.  I pre-ordered the 5 investigator decks back a few months ago and now my retailer says they won't get 3 of the 5 until Feb 2021.  Not sure if they messed up or just didn't get enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 4:38 PM, Mimi61 said:

That really would stink, but didn’t The Hulk just magically show up with no official shipping notice? 🤞🏻 

If this is what it's like to make pact with a Great Old One, I'm starting to see the appeal.

 

Delivered

09/04/2020 - 5:27 P.M.

FERGUS FALLS, MN, US


Past Event
 

Out for Delivery

09/04/2020 - 9:03 A.M.

Fergus Falls, MN, United States


Past Event
 

Shipped

09/04/2020 - 12:51 A.M.

Eagan, MN, United States


Past Event
 

Label Created

09/03/2020 - 2:53 P.M.

United States

It shipped at 12:51AM and arrived 16 hours and 36 minutes later.  I.  Am.  Incredulous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duciris said:

If this is what it's like to make pact with a Great Old One, I'm starting to see the appeal.

 

Delivered

09/04/2020 - 5:27 P.M.

FERGUS FALLS, MN, US


Past Event
 

Out for Delivery

09/04/2020 - 9:03 A.M.

Fergus Falls, MN, United States


Past Event
 

Shipped

09/04/2020 - 12:51 A.M.

Eagan, MN, United States


Past Event
 

Label Created

09/03/2020 - 2:53 P.M.

United States

It shipped at 12:51AM and arrived 16 hours and 36 minutes later.  I.  Am.  Incredulous.

You're in Fergus?  I'm in Fargo... turns out we are very close to each other!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who got their investigator decks, did you order directly from FFG?  My LGS doesn't carry the product.  I ordered from a large online store.  I was informed due to... issues, Winifred, Nathan, and Jacqueline are all on backorder.  I won't see them until February 2021 at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, Duciris said:

If this is what it's like to make pact with a Great Old One, I'm starting to see the appeal.

 

Delivered

09/04/2020 - 5:27 P.M.

FERGUS FALLS, MN, US


Past Event
 

Out for Delivery

09/04/2020 - 9:03 A.M.

Fergus Falls, MN, United States


Past Event
 

Shipped

09/04/2020 - 12:51 A.M.

Eagan, MN, United States


Past Event
 

Label Created

09/03/2020 - 2:53 P.M.

United States

It shipped at 12:51AM and arrived 16 hours and 36 minutes later.  I.  Am.  Incredulous.

Im so happy that you will be able to enjoy Red Skull this weekend. (Hmmm, not a sentence I thought I would ever utter). 
I’m a little jealous though, like I said, our stuff has been getting here after the release date every time. Where do I sign up for this pact????

Edited by Mimi61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True to my FLGS word they called me this past Thursday and I picked up Nathaniel and Stella this past Friday, as well as Rise of the Red Skull for Marvel Champions!  Happiness abounds.

Edited by Torpedo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My card was just charged for Barkham & AH3: Under Dark Waves by FFG.

(I've played twice through the Red Skull campaign, but am only partway through testing Spider-Woman, and haven't even started Hawkeye yet.  So much to do, so much to come!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven't gotten my Investigator packs from my FLGS (or, unsurprisingly, RoRS).  Apparently their Asmodee rep told them most of the print run was damaged or something, hence the delay. 

I am incredulous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KBlumhardt said:

I still haven't gotten my Investigator packs from my FLGS (or, unsurprisingly, RoRS).  Apparently their Asmodee rep told them most of the print run was damaged or something, hence the delay. 

I am incredulous.

🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Duciris said:

My card was just charged for Barkham & AH3: Under Dark Waves by FFG.

(I've played twice through the Red Skull campaign, but am only partway through testing Spider-Woman, and haven't even started Hawkeye yet.  So much to do, so much to come!)

Charged for Barkham too.  10 days before release date. I hope they let the dogs out sooner, so they are here by then instead of after. Give Skids O’Droll the wheel! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

I still haven't gotten my Investigator packs from my FLGS (or, unsurprisingly, RoRS).  Apparently their Asmodee rep told them most of the print run was damaged or something, hence the delay. 

I am incredulous.

I am soooo sorry. Do you think that is why they were suddenly all out of stock on FFG?

Amazon only has Harvey and Nathaniel available. Harvey is in stock and Nathaniel isn’t in stock until Oct 5. I have no idea if that is helpful information or not. 

Edited by Mimi61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

I still haven't gotten my Investigator packs from my FLGS (or, unsurprisingly, RoRS).  Apparently their Asmodee rep told them most of the print run was damaged or something, hence the delay. 

I am incredulous.

15 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

I am soooo sorry. Do you think that is why they were suddenly all out of stock on FFG?

Amazon only has Harvey and Nathaniel available. Harvey is in stock and Nathaniel isn’t in stock until Oct 5. I have no idea if that is helpful information or not. 

I did an Amazon pre-order (early last week) for Red Skull b/c I was nervous about it arriving on time.  They informed me yesterday (the day it was supposed to arrive) that it was delayed and gave me the option to cancel the order.  I did so, but I learned my lesson about pre-ordering FFG through Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duciris said:

I did an Amazon pre-order (early last week) for Red Skull b/c I was nervous about it arriving on time.  They informed me yesterday (the day it was supposed to arrive) that it was delayed and gave me the option to cancel the order.  I did so, but I learned my lesson about pre-ordering FFG through Amazon.

 

22 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

I still haven't gotten my Investigator packs from my FLGS (or, unsurprisingly, RoRS).  Apparently their Asmodee rep told them most of the print run was damaged or something, hence the delay. 

I am incredulous.

Yeah, I wouldn’t pre order there either. I was mostly looking to see if any were in stock with whatever distributor bought them.  If they weren’t, then maybe they’d have a date for them being back in stock so you’d have an idea of how long you are waiting. Sometimes distributors get more info from the company than we do. 
I actually found Stella, Winnie, and Jacqueline today from one distributor. It says they will be in stock on Sept 14. So maybe that is good news and they hurried a re-print. 

Edited by Mimi61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know how many of you order through Asmodee in the US,  but since they have changed carriers, I’ve noticed more comments on how the tracking is not working. 
I‘ve struggled with it too, but just noticed something which was helpful to me. I thought I’d pass it on, in case it helps anyone else. You may have all probably already figured this out!!  
Asmodee has gone to UPS Innoventions for shipping, meaning UPS delivers to your local USPS office for delivery. It takes longer, but must be cheaper, or something. Anyway, if the tracking number on the link provided,  takes you to a page that keeps saying Order processed: Waiting for UPS and there are no details in Shipment Progress, go to Shipment Details and look for the alternate tracking number. That one has all the updates for Shipping progress and if it is enroute etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 7:42 AM, Duciris said:

My card was just charged for Barkham & AH3: Under Dark Waves by FFG.

(I've played twice through the Red Skull campaign, but am only partway through testing Spider-Woman, and haven't even started Hawkeye yet.  So much to do, so much to come!)

I just had mine canceled for Barkham.  TC is only getting 60% of what they pre-ordered from Asmodee.  I was apart of the unlucky 40% who needs to shop elsewhere.  Hopefully Boardlandia doesn't do the same to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...