DakkaDakka12

Why cant scum have a barrage rocket platform?

Barrage rockets are a nice because they do not need a lock, have enough ammo that you probably will not run out, and are not very expensive. If you have an opponent in your bullseye its a nice option.

Imperials have a few carriers, as well they should.

Rebels can carry it with the k-wing and I feel like its a great option for a k-wing as you can put your double turret to the sides and rocket the front for coverage everywhere except rear arc.

It would be nice if scum could play with this toy.

personally I wish the scurrg was still a missile platform, but we have many single missile platforms in scum.

Do you think when they re-release the kimogila they could make it a double missile ship? Is there a ship not in the game that fits scum and could be a barrage rocket carrier?

Edited by DakkaDakka12

Why?

Barage rockets are nice on 2attack ships as it gives them a 3 dice attack for a reasonable price with a few upsides. The kimogila allready has 3atk dice, paying for barage on top of that for little benefit would be silly.

Barrage rockets are only good right now because them bomber is a cheap platform for them. They are not really that good intrinsically. You need a cheap 2 atk dice ship to make use of them. 

8 minutes ago, Cgriffith said:

Why can’t the Empire have Tugboats, asking for a friend? 

Each faction has it own identity and with that identity has faction specific upgrades; it helps separate and distinguish between the factions based on more than just pilots or the ships that are flown.

Someone gets it.

I just want to chime in and point out that there is absolutely nothing preventing them from making any ship in the game a barrage rocket platform. Upgrades are handled through the app/points list.

I think they should put double missile slots on the IG-2000, just to troll us.

3 hours ago, Cgriffith said:

Why can’t the Empire have Tugboats, asking for a friend? 

Each faction has it own identity and with that identity has faction specific upgrades; it helps separate and distinguish between the factions based on more than just pilots or the ships that are flown.

But barrage missiles are NOT unique to empire, the rebel K-Wing gets it

Scum and Rebels get astromechs, the Empire doesn't.

Scum and Empire get ships that can use Trajectory Simulator, Rebels don't. 

Empire and Rebels get ships that can use Barrage Rockets, Scum doesn't 

If anything, it's the Empire who should be complaining because Barrage Rockets and Traj Sim are only single upgrade cards the respective factions are missing out on. The Empire is missing out on a whole upgrade slot including 4 cross-faction generics.

Not to mention that both Rebs and Scum also get illicits. Or that the Empire also has almost exclusive access to the cloak action (for now)

Faction balance does not come from sameness, nor does faction fun. 

Heh giving them to Scyks would be interesting for sure. Drea would be a little easier to use outside of tight formation, but only gives one reroll where Jonus gives two. 

This leaves 24 points for four copies of barrage rockets on the Scyks with hypothetical double missile slots. Having Serissu really sets it apart from Jonus Barrage Bombers of course, but Drea could just settle for a dorsal if you prefer a small bid to none. 

(40) Drea Renthal
(6) Ion Cannon Turret
Points 46

(29) Cartel Spacer
Points 29

(29) Cartel Spacer
Points 29

(29) Cartel Spacer
Points 29

(43) Serissu
Points 43

Total points: 176

Came to read outrage and snark.  Was not disappointed.

But yeah.  Scum doesn't need them.  Apart from the Scyk, maybe.  That's a fabulous idea; the Scyk bloody well needs something.  I suspect the OP really wants something that is as effective as the Jonus swarm.  Which, &^%$, let's not start power creep up that fast, eh?  Nerf the Jonus swarm just a little, and leave the Barrage Rockets to the Imps.

Its not the jonus swarm because honestly I have not fought that yet.

I just have an interest in a weapon that does not need lock, and fires at range 3 without giving my opponent a defense dice for long range.

Any faction can try all the other weapons in the game out, and since torpedo carriers are a bit rare in Scum since most of our torpedo carriers are not worth putting a torpedo on.

Missiles on the other hand I could come up with a shorter list on what CAN’T take them.

I guess it stems down to I like all the torpedo options but I play a missile heavy faction.

49 minutes ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Its not the jonus swarm because honestly I have not fought that yet.

I just have an interest in a weapon that does not need lock, and fires at range 3 without giving my opponent a defense dice for long range.

Any faction can try all the other weapons in the game out, and since torpedo carriers are a bit rare in Scum since most of our torpedo carriers are not worth putting a torpedo on.

Missiles on the other hand I could come up with a shorter list on what CAN’T take them.

I guess it stems down to I like all the torpedo options but I play a missile heavy faction.

If you want to try torpedoes in Scum, throw in a single Scyk in a versatile list. It's not the same as the Rebels where they could come with 3 solid ships running proton torps but it could still do solid work.

Id like to see them take double missiles OFF of bombers actually because its a little unbalanced and not extremely thematic (they only have one launch tube!) . Ships like Starwings, Agressors, and Punishers are more suited to it and its use and price range. 

As for scum not getting an option I would only think it would be allowed on the scurgg, since its the scum ordinance carrier and more suited for that kind of job anyways.